Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mr E wrote: »
    Agent X cancelled by TNT.
    Called it after episode 1; sad to see I was correct (and annoyed Legends got cancelled; it was finally going somewhere most other shows refused to go).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah ****, Public Morals was genuinely a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah I liked Public Morals myself and I thought it'd get a second season. Agent X I kinda liked but I think it was still settling down and really needed to find it's feet. I couldn't really take Sharon Stone seriously as the VP of the United States though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Man in the High Castle has been renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,299 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mindhunter

Netflix Sets ‘Mindhunter’ Drama Series From David Fincher & Charlize Theron

The House of Cards executive producer/director David Fincher is expanding his Netflix portfolio with a second drama series, Mindhunter, we have learned. Like House of Cards, which Fincher developed with Kevin Spacey, on Mindhunter the Gone Girl and The Social Network director also is collaborating with an Oscar-winning actor, Charlize Theron. Also like with House of Card‘s Beau Willimon, we hear Fincher has recruited a playwright/screenwriter for the new series, Brit Joe Penhall (Sunny Afternoon).

Fincher and Theron will executive produce the series, which is based on the 1996 book Mind Hunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit, by former special agent John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. For years, Douglas pursued some of the most notorious serial killers and rapists, developing profiling techniques to catch them. The book goes behind the scenes of some of his highest-profile cases, including the man who hunted prostitutes in Alaska, the Atlanta child murderer, and Seattle’s Green River killer. To hone in his profiling methods Douglas interviewed and studied a skew of serial killers. Several book and TV characters have been based in part on him, including Jack Crawford in Thomas Harris’ The Silence of the Lambs, Will Graham on Hannibal and Jason Gideon on Criminal Minds.

Fincher, who is expected to direct, has tackled the subject of series killers and the hunt to capture them in two of his movies, Se7en and Zodiac.

The Mindhunter TV series project had been in the works for awhile. Six years ago, it was set up at HBO with Fincher and Theron executive producing and Fox 21, whNetflix Logoich had optioned the book, as the studio. (Fox 21 is no longer involved.) Scott Buck, who served as executive producer/showrunner on the last four seasons of another series killer drama, Showtime’s Dexter, was tapped to write the script. He is not expected to be involved in the Netflix incarnation of the project; Buck just landed another high-profile gig at Netflix as the showrunner on its Marvel’s Iron Fist series.

Theron is exec producing through her Denver and Delilah banner. Producer Jennifer Orme Erwin originally brought the book to her.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/mindhunter-drama-series-david-fincher-charlize-theron-netflix-1201669181/

• Advertisement

Snowfall

John Singleton’s ‘Snowfall’ Pilot Eyes FX Series Order
    Snowfall, John Singleton’s 1980s cocaine-epidemic drama pilot, got a boost in its pickup chances today when the California Film Commission approved its application for tax incentives should it go to series.

I hear FX brass only received the pilot last week and are not close to making a decision. But observers point to the network’s track record of the vast majority of its pilots going to series. And the tax breaks application alone underscores FX’s high hopes for the project.

Co-created and co-written by the Boyz N The Hood director Singleton and Eric Amadio and directed by Singleton, Snowfall is set against the infancy of the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles in the 1980s. With the drug storm about to come, Snowfall focuses on a trio of main characters – ambitious dealer Franklin Saint (Damson Idris), Mexican wrestler-turned-gangster Gustavo Zapata (Sergio Peris-Mencheta) and prodigal son Logan Miller (Billy Magnussen).

Dave Andron serves as an EP along with Singleton, Groundswell Productions’ Michael London, Amadio and Trevor Engelson. FX Prods. is the studio.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/john-singletons-snowfall-pilot-fx-series-order-1201670934/

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Victoria Justice, Reeve Carney and 2 Others Join Fox's Rocky Horror Remake
    Yes, the former Eye Candy star will assume the role of Janet Weiss in Fox’s upcoming (non-live) production of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, it was announced Monday. She’ll be accompanied by Broadway star Ryan McCartan, who will play Janet’s lover Brad.Reeve Carney and 2 Others Join Fox's Rocky Horror Remake

For those unfamiliar with Rocky Horror, it tells the story of two young lovebirds who find themselves the unexpected guests of a mad scientist and self-proclaimed “sweet transvestite” named Dr. Frank-N-Further, played in this production by Laverne Cox (Orange Is the New Black).
    Reeve Carney (Penny Dreadful) has also been cast as Riff Raff, a loyal servant to Dr. Frank-N-Furter, while model Staz Nair will play Rocky, the doctor’s perfect male creation.

The 1975 film version starred Susan Sarandon and Barry Bostwick as Janet and Brad, with Tim Curry slipping into Frank-N-Further’s iconic heels. Fox’s take — executive-produced by Lou Adler, Gail Berman and Kenny Ortega — is slated for a fall premiere.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/04/victoria-justice-rocky-horror-picture-show-janet-cast-fox/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Nody wrote: »
    Called it after episode 1; sad to see I was correct (and annoyed Legends got cancelled; it was finally going somewhere most other shows refused to go).

Ah no! haven't got around to watching that yet, rather than killing off SeanBean, which seems to be the norm for him, they kill off the show instead :(
    Isn't there a website dedicated to SeanBean getting killed off?

Btw: Did Defiance get renewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nah Defiance was cancelled. But considering the way the last season ended, it seemed like they weren't expecting to be renewed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Jekyll and Hyde has been axed by ITV
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/jekyll-and-hyde-has-been-axed-by-itv-714263.html

Jekyll and Hyde creator Charlie Higson thanked fans as he confirmed that the show wouldn’t be returning for a second series.
    The ITV remake, starring Tom Bateman and Richard E Grant, had struggled with falling ratings and complaints it was too scary for its pre-watershed slot.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nah Defiance was cancelled. But considering the way the last season ended, it seemed like they weren't expecting to be renewed

I just came across that, earlier on tvwise.co.uk looking for dates on returning shows, It did feel like that as it was quite an ending!

In the link above i wasn't surprised that Extant got canned as i didn't watch s02 in which i saw the ad for next week on SyfyUK.
    Also tvwise.co.uk is sadly ending as well as it was one of the places to go for info on US shows.

I don't know if this was posted, but The Blacklist S04 renewed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,099 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

E has renewed The Royals for a 3rd season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is there one for when the new shows are starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Skerries wrote: »
    is there one for when the new shows are starting?

Here you go
    http://deadline.com/2015/12/midseason-tv-premiere-dates-2016-new-returning-shows-list-1201487994/

Knightfall

History Orders ‘Knightfall’ Drama Series, Jeremy Renner To Produce & Guest Star
    It’s been three years since History successfully entered the original scripted series arena with Vikings. Now the cable network is mounting a new scripted push, which includes with a 10-episode straight-to-series order to another historical drama, Knightfall, executive produced by Jerremy Renner who is expected to guest star and might recur. It will premiere in late 2016.

The project, created by Don Handfield and Richard Rayner, was put into development in the spring and has been championed by Paul Buccieri in one of his first major moves after coming on board as President of A&E and History last January. Knightfall hails from A+E Studios, Jeremy Renner’s and Handfield’s banner The Combine and Midnight Radio (Jeff Pinkner, Andre Nemec, Josh Appelbaum and Scott Rosenberg). It is part of A+E Networks’ efforts to put on the air more series that the company owns.

Knightfall chronicles the mysterious but true accounts of the Knights Templar, the elite warriors of the Crusades. It delves into the great secrets protected by the Templars and tells the story of faith, loyalty and brotherhood that help sustain these warriors on the battlefield, and the dark events that would forever sear the infamous date of Friday the 13th into the world’s psyche.

“Premium scripted content continues to be a growing part of the History portfolio, with an eye towards quality historical fact-based storytelling, and Knightfall is the perfect fit for our brand,” said Buccieri.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/knightfall-drama-series-jeremy-renner-history-1201676632/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hulu Gives Two-Season Order to ‘Chance’ with Hugh Laurie & ‘Room’ Director Lenny Abrahamson
    Hugh Laurie is ready to be a leading man again, as the “House” alum will star in “Chance,” a new drama for Hulu, which landed a 20-episode two-season order, Variety has confirmed.

Based on Kem Nunn’s novel of the same name, “Chance” is described as a provocative psychological thriller that focuses on a forensic neuropsychiatrist who reluctantly gets sucked into a violent and dangerous world of mistaken identity, police corruption and mental illness.

Laurie will star as Eldon Chance, a San Francisco-based forensic neuropsychiatrist. After an ill-advised decision regarding an alluring patient who may or may not be struggling with a multiple personality disorder, he finds himself in the crosshairs of her abusive spouse who also happens to be a ruthless police detective. In over his head, Chance’s descent into the city’s shadowy underbelly, all while navigating the waters of a contentious divorce and the tribulations of his teenage daughter, soon spirals into an ever deepening exploration of one of mankind’s final frontiers — the shadowy, undiscovered country of the human mind.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/chance-hulu-hugh-laurie-drama-series-1201673748/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Figured Laurie was done with TV due to the demands of House.

Rizzoli & Isles

‘Rizzoli & Isles’ to End After Season 7

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rizzoli-isles-canceled-tnt-tbs-kevin-reilly-1201674343/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Figured Laurie was done with TV due to the demands of House.

He's also going to be in The Night Manager with Tom Hiddleston and Olivia Colman. He must have gotten bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Rizzoli & Isles

‘Rizzoli & Isles’ to End After Season 7

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rizzoli-isles-canceled-tnt-tbs-kevin-reilly-1201674343/
    Thank God. It's a woeful conversion from the books. It's more like lesbian innuendo laden rom com

Marvel’s Most Wanted

ABC Confirms Pilot Order For ‘Marvel’s Most Wanted’
    Paul Lee today lifted, just a bit, the veil of silence that surrounds everything Marvel-related. The ABC president officially confirmed that the network has given a pilot order to Marvel’s Most Wanted, the proposed Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff starring Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood and revolving around their respective characters Barbara “Bobbi” Morse, aka Mockingbird, and Lance Hunter. The project was actually quietly greenlighted in August but ABC had not acknowledged its existance until today.

“We are making it in the next few months,” Lee said during a TCA panel today. “It’s a really good script.”

The project, originally developed last season and then reworked after the upfronts, comes from S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producers Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski.

Marvel’s Most Wanted is looking to join ABC/Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., which is returning for a third season, and Agent Carter, which again will bridge S.H.I.E.L.D.’s half-seasons with its second installment. Lee today said that he was very happy with the current seasons of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/marvels-most-wanted-pilot-abc-1201679255/

smilerf wrote: »
    Thank God. It's a woeful conversion from the books. It's more like lesbian innuendo laden rom com

Well 'Isles' featured in quite a few episodes in last yr's Shameless US as a prof afaik, haven't seen it yet, maybe more to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Well 'Isles' featured in quite a few episodes in last yr's Shameless US as a prof afaik, haven't seen it yet, maybe more to come?
    ye she did that's right. Season 6 starting soon. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Genuinely sad to hear this. I'd class the show as some of the best TV I've ever watched. It's hard to let something of that caliber go but it's also good too perhaps that they're bowing out when they know they should.

• Advertisement

Parks and Recreation Mike Schur's new sitcom Good Place with Ted Danson and Kristen Bell straight to series order for NBC

The sitcom that centers on Bell’s character Eleanor, a New Jersey woman who comes to realize that she hasn’t been a very good person. She decides to turn over a new leaf by learning what it actually means to be “good” or “bad,” and then trying to make up for her past behavior.
    Danson plays Michael, who, through an unlikely set of circumstances, comes to be Eleanor’s guide through her self-designed self-improvement course.

Source

Advertisement