Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeman Megamerge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

eldamo wrote: »

Would it come down to referendums by text message?

Nah... Facebook likes would be the tally. They seem to think a like is the same as a vote

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Some real serious candidates in that list, Spotted one who's face I saw during the local elections and figured I'd have a look at how he did:

Holohan, Tommy - 393

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

johnciall wrote: »
    Some real serious candidates in that list, Spotted one who's face I saw during the local elections and figured I'd have a look at how he did:

Holohan, Tommy - 393

Rudd, Jeff - 112
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louth_County_Council_election,_2014

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JimmytheTurk

Manning trying to hijack 1yi, as he's tried with other organisations. I hope their eyes are opened like 1st Mayo Independent. Mind you manning will probably issue proceedings as he's done many times before!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Getting to be that time of year again. Please note a change of venue from previous years :pac:

Independance_Day_2016.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I still dont know what thats about and Ive been following these loons for a good few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Getting to be that time of year again. Please note a change of venue from previous years :pac:

I wonder why the venue changed??? :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

fxotoole wrote: »

Mansion House used to be the venue- why does the seal need to be turned anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Thargor wrote: »
    I still dont know what thats about and Ive been following these loons for a good few years now.

This goes some way to explaining why they do it.

http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/ACalend/1.21GreatSeal.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

fxotoole wrote: »

Mansion House used to be the venue

...up until the Lord Mayor refused their request to use the Mansion House last year, resulting in a ruckus with the Garda on the day iirc. Hence my sardonic reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Time to dig this lad up again then I suppose....

B730igMCYAALCMb.jpg:large

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

*On his Oat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

And in international news, about 150 armed militia members calling themselves "sovereign citizens" have taken over a federal nature reserve in Oregon, calling for others to join them and saying that the federal government has no jurisdiction in that county.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Serjeant Buzfuz

And in international news, about 150 armed militia members calling themselves "sovereign citizens" have taken over a federal nature reserve in Oregon, calling for others to join them and saying that the federal government has no jurisdiction in that county.

More gomaloos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The siege is going so well, they've sent out an appeal for snacks and food.

Robbo wrote: »

You'll pry my gun from my cold dead hand but you could bargain me down to a batter burger and a bag of chips.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mansion House used to be the venue- why does the seal need to be turned anyway?

Because if it isnt the government has no legitimacy. All Acts of the Oireachtas passed between 1937 and whenever Billy got this great idea (say the 1980s sometime) are void because no soverign seals were turned during those years.

In 1997 the seal was turned twice by mistake and everyone had to pay double taxes, drive at twice the speed limit and if you assaulted someone only once, the Judge was constitutionally bound to require you to assault your poor vicitm again.

Its a ceremony that must be taken extremely seriously because otherwise our whole system of parliamentary republicanism is exposed as a lie.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

ken wrote: »
    This goes some way to explaining why they do it.

http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/ACalend/1.21GreatSeal.html

Surely this is bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Depends on the state constitution of Oregon. They only denied Federal jurisdiction over a particular part of that state. Not looking it up, but the state constitution might guarantee that right.

More gomaloos

Yep, but it's no harm to remind us of the extremes of this political ideology. In very much earlier posts in this thread, former user MilanPanic pointed out that all this stuff is on a continuum. It's all very well taking the piss out of them in Westmeath now, but it's entirely possible that one of these loons might turn up to an Irish eviction with a shotgun.

Jesus, I was only reading earlier today on my FB feed someome arguing that the state can only claim motor tax due if they use capitals or some other ****e and associated birth-cert-securitisation stuff.

My point is that taking the piss out of former developers and property tycoons trying to get out of debts is all very well, but the loon fans have the internet too, and the rhetoric and ideological basis they have access to is potentially dangerous.

So, amid this alarmist stream, keep it in mind: yep, a load of hyperbolics!

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »

Twitter is having a field day with these guys. Vanilla ISIS and Y'all Qaeda are the 2 best ones so far.

ken wrote: »
    Twitter is having a field day with these guys. Vanilla ISIS and Y'all Qaeda are the 2 best ones so far.

#YokelHaram was my favourite of the lot.

frjlLT4.png?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Yep, but it's no harm to remind us of the extremes of this political ideology. In very much earlier posts in this thread, former user MilanPanic pointed out that all this stuff is on a continuum. It's all very well taking the piss out of them in Westmeath now, but it's entirely possible that one of these loons might turn up to an Irish eviction with a shotgun.

Pretty certain this will happen eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Because if it isnt the government has no legitimacy. All Acts of the Oireachtas passed between 1937 and whenever Billy got this great idea (say the 1980s sometime) are void because no soverign seals were turned during those years.

In 1997 the seal was turned twice by mistake and everyone had to pay double taxes, drive at twice the speed limit and if you assaulted someone only once, the Judge was constitutionally bound to require you to assault your poor vicitm again.

Its a ceremony that must be taken extremely seriously because otherwise our whole system of parliamentary republicanism is exposed as a lie.

Only if you consent to same ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Hubyanka building got broken into over the Christmas break, seems to have been used as a love nest/drinking den with the only items stolen being the toilet roll and the coffee. Burglars obviously saw how worthless the paperwork is.
    Their fans seem to think it bears the hallmarks of a garda surveillance bureau operation to bug the place.
    No-one has pointed out the numerous ironies involved in this story.

In other Hub news they have been served with an order for possession. Lord Byron, being the master of half stories hasn't yet made clear whether it originates from a bank or their landlord.
    edit :ah, probably LBs own property as whippet suggests, not the hub office.

The Hubyanka building got broken into over the Christmas break, seems to have been used as a love nest/drinking den with the only items stolen being the toilet roll and the coffee. Burglars obviously saw how worthless the paperwork is.
    Their fans seem to think it bears the hallmarks of a garda surveillance bureau operation to bug the place.
    No-one has pointed the numerous ironies involved in this story.

In other Hub news they have been served with an order for possession. Lord Byron, being the master of half stories hasn't yet made clear whether it originates from a bank or their landlord.

everything is a conspiracy. the irony of someone using someone else's property without paying for it is palpable.

As for lord Byron, it would have to be on his own property .. but of course it is just the banks and legal system being bitter at his unrivalled success against them .. nothing to do with the €0.75m he owes them

No-one has pointed out the numerous ironies involved in this story.

The infamous donations jar must've been empty again.....

The infamous donations jar must've been empty again.....

That would have been deposited before the Xmas break .. Probably lodged it before they went out for their slap up lunch and drinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭GavMan

The Hub throwing their weight behind characters of ill-repute again. They shared the following post:

https://www.facebook.com/damien.farrell.18/posts/1122898587744292

More on the story here: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/30-protesters-halt-restoration-works-at-1916-moore-street-centre-34346465.html

Advertisement