Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

061 272190

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

fall wrote: »
    I rang on Friday and got the 12 months for €25. Internet going from 120 to 240mb. I just kept telling them that if they put me through the hassle of closing and reopening in husbands name that I was going elsewhere. Delighted as my bill was 80 so big saving.

Wow...

I was going thru the same BS.. but I got 9 mths at 40 and the remaining 3 at 80 so looks like you did v well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Called to cancel yesterday, had been paying 55 a month the last 6 months after the half-price period ended. New contract has me on an ever so slightly better broadband package for 22.50 for 6 months and 45 the 6 after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

rang UPC on behalf of my inlaws ( i am a nominated contact)

currently digital value €33.49
    Multiroom €11

total €44.49

savings and discounts
    1/2 price for 12 months -€22.25
    self serve discount -€3.51

-€25.76

UPC service charge €18.73

This was a 12 months discount, couldn't get it again for 12 months got it for 9 months and full price for the remaining 3 months. Happy enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

So i get a bill of €28....was on €20 for 1 week and new €25 for 3 weeks...so god knows how can i get a bill of €28...but not that sad as i was hoping for wrong bill with higher amount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Got bill reduced from 80e to 40euro for 6 months with offer of Sky sports at 30euro for 6 months. Thought I could have done better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

any idea what the latest cancellation/loyalty discounts are?

I'm planning on putting in a call later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

spannerism wrote: »
    any idea what the latest cancellation/loyalty discounts are?

I'm planning on putting in a call later this week.

There's a few recent examples above of deals ppl got: looks like from €25-40 a months for varying packages.

I was planning to call them as well but just checking their website it looks like UPC are not offering any price discounts on bundles at the moment but rather some free months for add'l T add-ons. Am I reading this wrongly?
    So the "I can just cancel my service and open a new one under my partner's name" tactic may not be as effective at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dcollins

I am only half way thru 18 month contract.
    Called sales and asked for deal- nothing. Called retention same.
    Tried retention a second time. double my internet speed, and half price for 6 months, then my original price. Great Deal. Just give em a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just got €25 for the phone and 240mb broadband for 6 months.
    I year contract. Is that good? cos you get a cooling off period, could I do better?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Just got €25 for the phone and 240mb broadband for 6 months.
    I year contract. Is that good? cos you get a cooling off period, could I do better?

Whats it costing after 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Whats it costing after 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

christeb wrote: »
    061 272190

They've moved the whole cust service incl loyalty team to a phillipines call centre. This number still works

Managed to agree a new 12mth deal with 9 mths half price

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Still my bill is not sorted out !! Next one will have the €25 promised :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

lowbatt07 wrote: »

Managed to agree a new 12mth deal with 9 mths half price

For what - TV only or all 3 services? At what price?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

hello

anybody know if it possible to get a better deal while still under contract ? have about 6 months left on my 18 month contract.... and am paying € 48.50 for Fibre Power 120.

any advise would be appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I rang UPC today and quoted the SKY €49 per month deal to them. They told me that Sky charge an extra €30 per month line rental for Eircom in addition to the quoted fee. I really think the feckers are lying to me, as the leaflet says "with line rental for €49 per month". Anyway, they did come down to about €700 for the year with the faster 240 mb broadband (though I'm not really sure I'll get much benefit from the speed increase over wireless).

The Sky €49 offer is poor on kids channels, so I'd probably have to move up to the variety channel at €58 per month, which is pretty much the same price as UPC. It would mean that I'd have a dish, which would open up options for going free-to-air in future, but it would also mean that I'd have a dish, which I'm not sure I want sticking out of the side of the house.

Is there a good reason for me to leave UPC, other than the fact that the feckers lied to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I'm on a 80euro a mth contract until Feb 2016. They charged me 90 this mth "by mistake" and won't rectify until next month where they'll credit my account with the 10er they'll essentially rob off me this month.

Anyway after a bit of back and forth with them I'm ready to ditch the service. It is possible for me ditch all service bar the internet and avoid the 200euro cancellation charge? and just pay the downgrade charge of a tenner?

Also whats the loyalty number? They can't win me back at this stage but just want direct line to people who aren't completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

hello

anybody know if it possible to get a better deal while still under contract ? have about 6 months left on my 18 month contract.... and am paying € 48.50 for Fibre Power 120.

any advise would be appreciated :)

Yeah ring them and ask. I just had a broadband contract and they added TV and took a fiver off our bill just with a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No sign of how much it will cost just for broadband and mobile. It says "bundles from €75", but if it's €45 for broadband and €25 for mobile, that's only €70. Maybe it's not possible to get them together at this stage.

Any idea what the "international add on" comprises of? Can't see any details for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They do a lot of charging by mistake, especially if you cancel or change a package. ALWAYS get them to confirm in writing what you are now on and from what date.

Believe nothing that agents with English sounding names but Indian accents tell you. It doesn't seem they have the authority to switch or change your package for you.

Torment them until you get a response in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone any recent experiences of ringing to cancel lately. I think its nearly a year from the last time I rang and then I could only get 6 months half price 6 months full price. I'm on the €80 bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,324 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Anyone any recent experiences of ringing to cancel lately. I think its nearly a year from the last time I rang and then I could only get 6 months half price 6 months full price. I'm on the €80 bundle.

Got offered 4 months at half price yesterday. Told them if get back to them. Think it s better to change to sky for a year on their current deal and then go back to UPC as a new customer for broadband and just use free sat for TV

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

ted1 wrote: »
    Got offered 4 months at half price yesterday. Told them if get back to them. Think it s better to change to sky for a year on their current deal and then go back to UPC as a new customer for broadband and just use free sat for TV

I rang recently on behalf of an older relative who was out of contract for phone/TV/BB. The wait times were 30-60 minutes and the agents we dealt with were awful. They sounded totally bored and got annoyed when I asked about deals/offers. One agent told me the current package was so good they we should be grateful they weren't raising the price!

After 3 calls they offered 6 months at half price but we rang eir who included mobile & better TV package for less. We've called eir a few times to port number, set up caller ID, etc. and they have been quick & courteous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,324 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Arbie wrote: »
    I rang recently on behalf of an older relative who was out of contract for phone/TV/BB. The wait times were 30-60 minutes and the agents we dealt with were awful. They sounded totally bored and got annoyed when I asked about deals/offers. One agent told me the current package was so good they we should be grateful they weren't raising the price!

After 3 calls they offered 6 months at half price but we rang eir who included mobile & better TV package for less. We've called eir a few times to port number, set up caller ID, etc. and they have been quick & courteous.

I was tempted to switch to eir 25 for all 4 services for 12 months than 6 months at 95. But they can't offer a second PVR box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

In November, I got offered 4 months at €35, then €55 a month for 8 months, in a 12 month contract. Basic digital TV and unlimited broadband.

With Vodafone about to launch a 100 MB broadband and TV launch bundle offer, Virgin Media customers are best off waiting to see the full details of the Vodafone offer before calling Virgin Media to negotiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Good tips all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

JTMan wrote: »
    In November, I got offered 4 months at €35, then €55 a month for 8 months, in a 12 month contract. Basic digital TV and unlimited broadband.

With Vodafone about to launch a 100 MB broadband and TV launch bundle offer, Virgin Media customers are best off waiting to see the full details of the Vodafone offer before calling Virgin Media to negotiate.

Do you know when Vodafone are launching their service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Maybe you could offer some advice to this: recently moved to an apartment where UPC plugs were on the walls so I was certain that I'll take the service with me, however it turns out that they used to have this area connected but do not offer any service until 2018!! So at this point I'm left with about 5 months of contract that I can't practically use.

My options according to them are either cancel for €200 or pass/transfer my account to another person, but neither of them are attractive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You could wait for the inevitable price increase and then cancel without penalty.
    The 2015 price increase emails seem to have started on the 4th January, going on the thread about it here.
    Now that it's virgin media, they might see the value in not increasing prices annually while giving out big discounts to those who complain and threaten to leave.

Advertisement