Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

eoinf wrote: »
    wont work.

you need a decoder of some description analogue signal was switched off some time ago.

This isn't correct. The Upc signal is a cable signal which is very much active and will continue to do so for years. This signal isn't encrypted and you should be receiving a picture -if you're not it probably due to a poor connection

Analogues signals were turns off last yr (or maybe 2013) and MMDS is due to be switched off shortly but cable signal is still fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

pippip wrote: »
    ...plenty of people with just the UPC broadband who have the analogue channels.
    One more here.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

I've UPC bb/phone and couldn't get any channels from the line. Could before and not now. Its a brand new line so that could explain it maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was on the half price deal from May last year when I started this thread. It was €45 a month for basic tv and 120mb BB. A few weeks back the best they could offer me was €59 for both for 12 months (down from €75 iirc). Anyway with Skys current offer of TV for €16 a month/12 months I knew I was cancelling the TV element of my package. I wanted to retain UPC BB as I feel its better than using Eircoms lines with Sky. UPC first offered €45 a month for BB only (€540 for the year), I said I would switch to Sky as they have €30 a month for 6 months, then €50 thereafter (works out at €480 for the year) and she responded with €22.50 for 4 months then €45 for the following 6 which is €450 for the year or else €37.50 a month. That was as good as it seems to get, maybe someone else will manage to get €22.50 for 6 months for BB only but AFAIK thats only for brand new customers.

Anyway I'm happy, €37.50 and €16 is €53.50 a month for both which is a little more than I had been paying but it also has the advantage of a free Sky install so this time next year I can consider going free to air.

Hope this helps others.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just off the phone to UPC, they phoned me, signed up for the 120BB/unlimited local and mobile calls and Horizon TV for 12months at €25/month, choose self install and the horizon box will remain in the box as no interest in it with Saorview and Freesat throughout the house

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

slave1 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to UPC, they phoned me, signed up for the 120BB/unlimited local and mobile calls and Horizon TV for 12months at €25/month, choose self install and the horizon box will remain in the box as no interest in it with Saorview and Freesat throughout the house

If you were in contract how long was left?

I am hoping for the call!

brightkane wrote: »
    If you were in contract how long was left?

7 months left on contract, guy on the phone said it was a big TV push, I have never had TV with UPC so don't know if that's anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

7 months left on contract, guy on the phone said it was a big TV push, I have never had TV with UPC so don't know if that's anything to do with it?

Cheers. I have about the same left on mine. Had tv previously and dropped it. Just have bb. Streaming at the moment snd it's going grand but would take tv if it wss offered. What package did they give you.??

Cheers. I have about the same left on mine. Had tv previously and dropped it. Just have bb. Streaming at the moment snd it's going grand but would take tv if it wss offered. What package did they give you.??

120Mb Anytime Mobile and Horizon TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'm wondering if it is worth making the call instead of waiting. My contract is up in August, for TV/BB/Phone at €45 per month. I wonder if these deals will be still around in August?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

I rang the loyalty line to cancel the sky sports the other week. The girl waved any notice period and the tenner downgrade fee without me even asking. As she was taking it off, I asked if she could offer a deal for me to keep it. All she could do was 10,%, but in same sentence said she could offer me 2 free months when I want to add it back. Happy enough with that.

12mths half price? was it a new 18mth contract you agreed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

I got 9 months at half price with 3 months to serve at full price afterwards.

I cancelled, with the intention of taking the 12 months reduced rate for new customers under the missus's name. Told cancellations up front and they offered the 9+3 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

signed up for the 120BB/unlimited local and mobile calls and Horizon TV for 12months at €25/month,

I got offered that deal for 6 months only :mad: at half price.

FatB wrote: »
    I got 9 months at half price with 3 months to serve at full price afterwards.

I cancelled, with the intention of taking the 12 months reduced rate for new customers under the missus's name. Told cancellations up front and they offered the 9+3 instead.

presumably though you were out of contract though when the offered you that deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Something to check for all of those who got a discount from UPC in January/February.

My bills for February-June have all had the 50% discount which was agreed back in late January/early February. So that's 5 of the agreed 6 months where I've gotten half-price.

I got my latest bill today though and it's about €20 euro higher than it has been. It seems the discount runs out on 6 August, even though the billing period is 21 July to 20 August. So if that was the case I'd only really be getting 5 and a half months discount, rather than 6 months, because I didn't get any discount at all in January.

Seems a bit sketchy to run the discount for different dates to the billing periods, so I'll be giving them a ring later on to sort this out. I just thought I'd bring it to people's attention as something they might want to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I never bothered ringing this time. I emailed to Just cancel my tv service. But keep the BB

They rang and I got a bump up to 240 Mb from 30. So need new modem. They reduced my TV to the Basic.
    €35 for 9 months. €70 for 3. Happy enough with that. I was prepared to cancel my tv though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Seems a bit sketchy to run the discount for different dates to the billing periods, so I'll be giving them a ring later on to sort this out. I just thought I'd bring it to people's attention as something they might want to look at.

happens everytime....wrong bills wrong periods of discounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

tharmor wrote: »
    happens everytime....wrong bills wrong periods of discounts...

I was on to them at lunchtime and they've applied a credit to my account, so they sorted it out at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ducker

is this a BA or a trap?

i hear too many complaints about the new modem and billings

Anyone that did not have an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I never bothered ringing this time. I emailed to Just cancel my tv service. But keep the BB

They rang and I got a bump up to 240 Mb from 30. So need new modem. They reduced my TV to the Basic.
    €35 for 9 months. €70 for 3. Happy enough with that. I was prepared to cancel my tv though.

Was with them before for BB & TV, they wanted to increase the price from €64 to €85. Told them no, but they wouldn't negotiate.

Went for a Freesat & Saorview combo box from Powercity for €75 and waited a month to order the BB as a new customer.

Got a 120mb BB for €25 pm for 12 months and 40 for the remaining 6. Was 1 month into my contract when I received a call from UPC; €35 pm for 240mb broadband and TV package including HD. 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Was with them before for BB & TV, they wanted to increase the price from €64 to €85. Told them no, but they wouldn't negotiate.

Went for a Freesat & Saorview combo box from Powercity for €75 and waited a month to order the BB as a new customer.

Got a 120mb BB for €25 pm for 12 months and 40 for the remaining 6. Was 1 month into my contract when I received a call from UPC; €35 pm for 240mb broadband and TV package including HD. 12 month contract.
    ye im on this deal too but I got it as a 35pm for 12 months

I'm currently 5 mths into a new 12 mth contract and I have the 6 mths half price offer. I'm on one of the legacy package "digital select extra" which I believe it triple play but I've never used the phone and it's not horizon - is there any chance I could get the 12mth deal for 25/35 as mentioned above ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    I'm currently 5 mths into a new 12 mth contract and I have the 6 mths half price offer. I'm on one of the legacy package "digital select extra" which I believe it triple play but I've never used the phone and it's not horizon - is there any chance I could get the 12mth deal for 25/35 as mentioned above ? Cheers
    Did you ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ducker

Do they respond at the phone?

bidiots wrote: »
    Did you ring them?

Rang them there and the best they can do is to give me 4 mths half price but the kicker is to agree to a new 12mth deal. any better deals going around?

I was told flat out that the 25/35 offer was now finished

Is there any way of exiting a upc contract without the 200 penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

I'm with them years. Was on a €69 p/mth 6mth deal for the 3 services. Reverting to €85 for the last 6mths. Rang yesterday ( at 6mths this month ) and they've given me €42.50 p/mth for the next 4mths, with the last 2 mths reverting back to €85. No change to contract duration, so I'll just ring in 4mths and hustle for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

I rang on Friday and got the 12 months for €25. Internet going from 120 to 240mb. I just kept telling them that if they put me through the hassle of closing and reopening in husbands name that I was going elsewhere. Delighted as my bill was 80 so big saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,813 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey folks, my mam has been asking me if there's any better deal she can get for TV/Phone/Broadband

I think the idea of going freesat/saorview would suit her fine, she really only watches the basic channels (Rte, TV3 etc) I see a post above says the box is €75 in power city, is there a lot of different options when it comes to saorview at different price brackets etc or is this the only one, you just pay €75 and plug and play? Her TV only has SCART connection I think, will the box still work?

For phone/broadband, an anytime landline/mobile option would be great. I see UPC is offering a mobile service soon which seems really good value at €15 for unltd everything. If she could get landline/broadband/mobile for about €45 a month and not have to pay anything for TV since she'd have saorview, that would be great. Does anyone know if this is possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

sorry guys what the direct number to upc loyalty?

tks

Advertisement