Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cindy didn't want Holly when she was born, I think she was 18 recent enough

Yep, looking at wikipedia she apparently abandoned Holly outside a hospital. She then finds out her sister Dawn has died. Her parents find out about her secret, force her into motherhood and she grows to love Holly.

I remember this, but only vaguely. Certain I remember her giving birth on their kitchen floor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm thinking Cindy's bipolar disorder is going on longer than it is and she wasn't a horrible person at all but was impulsive due to her mental health problems. Would explain a bit as to why she did certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just been catching up with this week now, as I was away. The McQueen stuff with Pete has been fantastic and handled really well. The scene with John Paul and Theresa talking to Kathleen Angel and Matthew about inappropriate adults I felt was very well done.

Just been catching up with this week now, as I was away. The McQueen stuff with Pete has been fantastic and handled really well. The scene with John Paul and Theresa talking to Kathleen Angel and Matthew about inappropriate adults I felt was very well done.

I agree. I saw NSPCC online referencing it, and the Underwear Rule that they used https://www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/underwear-rule/

Just in regards to kids being used in soaps, there are huge restrictions to kids being used, and the younger the child actor the grander the restriction.

When they are used, they can only be used for approximately 3 scenes over the course of one filming cycle (which in the case of Hollyoaks I imagine is 5 episodes), or if they're used more than that they need to be paid more, in which case you get even less of the regular character to make up the financial difference. Also everytime a child actor is used it affects the amount of main cast and guest characters that can be used, so if they were to have babies like Myra Pocahantas and JJ included in this weeks episodes they probably would've had to forfeit the likes of Diego or the detective investigating the McQueen case.

The reason you'll see more of one child over the others in a soap is because they'll always favour the best child actors when it comes to writing storylines and will use them as much as they can, often at the expense of other minor characters. Best examples of this is the likes of Tom (when he was younger) in Hollyoaks, April in Emmerdale, Bobby in Eastenders etc. - the ones who can actually act extremely well - when the writers want to use them as much as possible.

Hope that makes some sort of sense - it's easier to explain it all face to face to be honest. I've been to a couple of storywriting courses for serial dramas and it's much clearer when you see what kind of rules and restrictions need to be followed (and a lot of the big ones revolve around children), and that's why you don't see them as much.

• Advertisement

Is the actor who plays Tom the longest running child actor who has continuously played the same role?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,764 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Mac's first wife, the others kids mother alive?

KKkitty wrote: »
    Is the actor who plays Tom the longest running child actor who has continuously played the same role?

Do you mean in UK soaps, or just generally in acting?

In soaps, I'd say he probably is, been playing Tom since 1999.

This is good http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2015/08/eastenders-to-corrie-what-our-fave-child-soapstars-look-like-now

That I can think of, yes. A lot of them get re-cast at the age of 4 or 5, but Ellis Hollins who plays Tom has been there since he was a baby.

One new family with so many connections to Hollyoaks and so many questions left to answer. The Nightingales are not in the village a wet week and they're going to turn more people upside down than most.

• Advertisement

That I can think of, yes. A lot of them get re-cast at the age of 4 or 5, but Ellis Hollins who plays Tom has been there since he was a baby.

Sophie in Corrie, is she longer?

Sophie in Corrie, is she longer?

Nope, joined in 2004, so 5 years less than Tom

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/2015/08/eastenders-to-corrie-what-our-fave-child-soapstars-look-like-now#image-18

One new family with so many connections to Hollyoaks and so many questions left to answer. The Nightingales are not in the village a wet week and they're going to turn more people upside down than most.

So Mac and Cindy conceived Alfie when she was in Spain with Jude, was she not with Ben in Hollyoaks then (Ben was the fireman who was killed in a spin off show by then girlfriend Lisa Hunter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

channel 4 catchup driving me nuts wouldn't work friday or yesterday and won't work today.. I need to see Hollyoaks! :(

channel 4 catchup driving me nuts wouldn't work friday or yesterday and won't work today.. I need to see Hollyoaks! :(

Working ok my end but if you don't get sorted, recent episodes seem to be on youtube. Not sure if all, but probably should be ok getting them on here.

So much for Grace wanting to be good for Curtis, she takes off for a night of nookie with Darren

So much for Grace wanting to be good for Curtis, she takes off for a night of nookie with Darren

A woman's got her needs :P ;)

So Mac and Cindy conceived Alfie when she was in Spain with Jude, was she not with Ben in Hollyoaks then (Ben was the fireman who was killed in a spin off show by then girlfriend Lisa Hunter)

I don't get it either but this is Hollyoaks so anything can happen. When is Lindsey going to be found out?

I don't get it either but this is Hollyoaks so anything can happen. When is Lindsey going to be found out?

I hope soon, but no doubt it'll likely be dragged out.

That's what I'm afraid of. Soaps love to drag things out. Cindy will never get her real annulment in time either now so Mac will unwittingly commit bigamy.

• Advertisement

Lindsey is taking a lot more chances I hope she caught out soon

Freddie is back in new year early, more likely he will think it was Kim who tried to kill him not his beloved Lindsey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I hope she does get caught out soon they can only keep going with the storyline for so long.

I applaud whoever it was made the decision to have Grace in her underwear as much as possible. It's the best thing about Hollyoaks at the moment... :D

I'm guessing sick Alfie will need something from his biological mother Cindy

Oh Maxine you idiot again, wtf renewing her vows with Patrick, does she know also about Darren and Grace

John Paul to Diego "a sister in prison, money problems, welcome to the family now" :p

Did I miss something? What happened when we last saw Marlena? She's been taken out of the opening credits and according to Wikipedia (I know not the most reliable source) Nana's last appearance was November 20th and that she has left the show?

From my memory Nana McQueen last scene was confronting Pete after the truth came out

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

How long more are they going to drag this Patrick and Maxine story? He already did this before saying she was beating him up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

He dies the first week of January. I expect Maxine will be arrested for murder and then a possible trial so a good while left to go I think

Advertisement