Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

i cancelled and played the waiting game and got offer of half price sports for 6 months, thats all and im with them a couple years, its hardly worth it, i mean should i wait longer and see, im in no real rush tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

MDwyer wrote: »
    i cancelled and played the waiting game and got offer of half price sports for 6 months, thats all and im with them a couple years, its hardly worth it, i mean should i wait longer and see, im in no real rush tbh
    There's a lot of people out there that would be damned glad of an offer like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

muffler wrote: »
    There's a lot of people out there that would be damned glad of an offer like that.

hmmm dunno i dont use the sports these days much tbh so think ill just leave it and sure if i get another offer happy days if not sure what harm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I called them on Sunday saying I saw offer of €20 for sports & movies for 6 months.
    I already had sports on a discounted offer & was paying the following.

Variety
    HD
    Multi room
    Sports

€78.50 pm

Now I have the offer

Variety
    HD
    Multi room
    Sports
    And Movies
    for €76.50 pm for 6 months.

Happy days.

Having said that my mate rang up after me and was told no offer if you already have sports. It all depends who you get on the other en end of the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Had been on a deal which went up to 44 euro pm during the year frm around 30 euro starting off

Variety
    HD
    Sky Go (6 euro extra incl in the 44)
    Movies.

Rang the other day and was told that they couldn't offer me anything cheaper than my existing offer which was due to end. I give my notice and will be shut off on 2nd Jan. Will see if they offer a deal but I'm not tied to them and I don't watch much TV so I'm all a bit meh about continuing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Due to be cut off in 13 days after 15 years, I got no offers when I rang to cancel (last offer ran out mid Sept., 1/2 price variety and half price multi-room). Hopefully I get a call with some decent offer before kids disown me.

(ps., do they show offers when you sign-in to your account on-line)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Plascebo wrote: »
    Due to be cut off in 13 days after 15 years, I got no offers when I rang to cancel (last offer ran out mid Sept., 1/2 price variety and half price multi-room). Hopefully I get a call with some decent offer before kids disown me.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a call, I'm going to be cut off on Monday so phoned today. Paying 38 for variety and they offered it for 29 for 6 months. Still not good enough so I'm going to hold out for something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭bren2001

Sister was offered variety on my parents account for 14.95 for the year no contract. They are happy with what I setup for them for free instead so aren't taking it. An update for what Sky are offering none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Macca07 wrote: »
    I cancelled my CPW deal today, to be cancelled on 2nd January.
    Best I was offered was 10% discount on any package, so told them no.
    Signed up to the current CPW deal of 25% off, but might just cancel that as well if Sky are offering half price on the day of cancellation.

I'll ring next week and say I had a voicemail offering half price packages and see if I can get that.

Otherwise, I'll just go with CPW deal. €100 voucher for new phone could be handy.

Signed up to that deal, would you know when would we receive the vouchers. Its been installed on Sunday was hoping to have the voucher for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Got a letter today offering me 50% off for 12 months if I return. Been gone now for about 4 months and this is the 2nd time I've been offered that deal by post.

• Advertisement

Has anyone who has been on a previous 50% off deal been offered another?
    When I called to see what deal was available he said "wait to I check if you have had a price freeze before" got the impression he could only offer 25% off because I had 50% off before.
    So 50% deals might be available to some but not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Plascebo wrote: »

Wait until the viewing is switched off then phone them , You will be offered 12 months half price for being a loyal customer ,
    I have been with them for about 8 years and on a half price deal for the last 5 years. Every year I let it run down then call them back ,
    I just got the latest deal last Monday Evening as my viewing was turned off last Sunday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

So I spent €4 on a phone call w sky over a month ago, agreed to a deal for €42.50pm and turns out they're dipping my account for €78pm plus they never credited me €50 that they said they would

They are accountable to no regulatory authorities for this theft

My next call will be a proper cancellation

They're not the only offering

Does the National Consumer Agency not cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

my friend wrote: »
    So I spent €4 on a phone call w sky over a month ago, agreed to a deal for €42.50pm and turns out they're dipping my account for €78pm plus they never credited me €50 that they said they would

Just make sure that the €78 isn't your first payment because if you rejoined mid payment cycle then your first payment with be more than €42.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Maybe ring them and ask why you were charged €78 or look at your account online?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭forumuser

I had a billing query yesterday and pm'ed the sky reps here on boards, had a call back about 2 hours later and issue resolved. I was very impressed so maybe give them a shout.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Maybe ring them and ask why you were charged €78 or look at your account online?

My point was that I spent >40 minutes plus >€4 on a phone call and that should have resolved the matter but no, they have (deliberately?) made a mistake that results in me being out of pocket almost €80 in 1 month plus the fact that I now have to initiate contact that will involve another + 30 minutes on the phone plus the cost of the charges for the phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

MDwyer wrote: »

did they call you or you called them?
    I had Sky Sports for only 1 month & cancelled the Sports.. Could I get a call from them, I'd be happy to sign up if I got a deal on the Sports price.

My point was that I spent >40 minutes plus >€4 on a phone call and that should have resolved the matter but no, they have (deliberately?) made a mistake that results in me being out of pocket almost €80 in 1 month plus the fact that I now have to initiate contact that will involve another + 30 minutes on the phone plus the cost of the charges for the phone call
    You're not really heeding the advice you were given here and instead of looking at resolving your issue you're just giving out more about it...I mean that in a nice way. :)

Go to the Sky Talk To forum, post your query and ask for them to call you back. Alternatively you can PM Sky Reps directly with your name, account number and a phone number and ask for a call back. Simples!

Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

You're not really heeding the advice you were given here and instead of looking at resolving your issue you're just giving out more about it...I mean that in a nice way. :)

Go to the Sky Talk To forum, post your query and ask for them to call you back. Alternatively you can PM Sky Reps directly with your name, account number and a phone number and ask for a call back. Simples!

Let us know how you get on.

You're really not listening, my point was my disappointment with their inability to execute that which was previously agreed over an extended period of time and some small resources

I will engage via the boards rep and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

With all due respect, is a thread about deals that Sky are giving to its customers really the place to be airing your grievances with the company?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

With all due respect, is a thread about deals that Sky are giving to its customers really the place to be airing your grievances with the company?

Of course it is, it may make people change their mind about joining sky

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I doubt you are out of pocket
    It is usual to pay extra the first month because you always pay your bill in advance, however the first bill only comes after you have been set up........ So the first bill can be nearly double what it will be going forward

However

You won't find any answers by coming on here ranting and spouting crap without checking out the facts with Sky first because they are the only ones who can address your issues

Seve OB wrote: »

You won't find any answers by coming on here ranting and spouting crap without checking out the facts with Sky first because they are the only ones who can address your issues

Care to familiarise with what I actually said? Nah, blabber on foo

I read it all.

Rather than contact sky to find out what was going on, you choose to come on here and rant and give out saying they were dipping your pockets and committing theft.

If anyone steals of course they are accountable, but they were not stealing..... At worst it was a billing error, which they cannot fix if you don't talk to them about it :rolleyes:

So, bring us up to speed then. How did it go with Sky?

So, bring us up to speed then. How did it go with Sky?

I see he has been banned now :rolleyes:

Seve OB wrote: »
    I see he has been banned now :rolleyes:
    Seen that. I wonder why :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

My father who's been disconnected since mid November got a letter yesterday offering 50% off any package, pity I can't transfer it to me....

Advertisement