Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Furzy wrote: »
    Nonsense - the majority of freesat boxes are receivers only although some have USB ports to allow recording. You need a Freesat+ box with dual input and hard drive to pause and record.

ah not nonsense. it would be hard to find a box that didn't have pause/record
    (albeit via usb - just stick in a pen drive or ext hard drive)
    doesn't need to freesat. although i prefer it.
    doesn't need to be freesat +, not huge advantages for the harddrive being internal instead of external.
    doesn't need dual input. But obviously the more tuners the better, why stop at 2, get 3 or 4 ? . I'd add a saorview tuner for the irish stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    They gave me two months free and then 10 months with 50% off, no contract.

So just an update on this. Got an email from Sky today with "your latest bill"on it and low and behold they were charging me from the day I reconnected.

Went into the Sky app and indeed they were and we're going to charge me for a month in advance as well.

Had to ring them to query this and they said it was an error and that the guy who gave me the offer should have put a note on the account.

This was enough for me. It takes long enough to get through to them in the first place and it had annoyed me I had to contact them over this, so I cancelled again there and then with immediate effect. Got home this evening and switched the card back out for my UK one and I'm happy to see the back of them.

Had to send them an email addressing the charges as, despite the rep telling me it would be credited, I got a confirmation email saying my account was cancelled but there was an outstanding balance that needs to be paid. Since sending the email I have got a response to say my account has been credited.

Back to subscription free and happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

adox wrote: »
    They gave me two months free and then 10 months with 50% off, no contract.

How do you get subscription free?? I cancelled last week, got out of my contract a month early and all after the complete f*ck up of overcharging me, and cancelling my entire subscription instead of getting back to me with a downgrade price. I was paying 80 odd a month for everything including hd and multiroom. Said I wanted a good deal again and your man offered me 101 euro a month lol. Anyways after about 3 days of crap it was cancelled with immediate effect. it will be interesting to see if they get back onto me as I have been with them for the past four years on the top tier package. They are money hungry pigs if you ask me. My dad only signed up last week and got a letter today saying he had a price increase coming lol. They are unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

hi all, anyone know what the best offer you can get for tv only package with SKY at the mo?
    thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

tellmeabit wrote: »
    hi all, anyone know what the best offer you can get for tv only package with SKY at the mo?
    thanks,
    Free 32" tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

anyone that availed of the carphone warehouse deal last year have any luck with new discount when ringing back?

i rang back today as my discount is out in dec. i was on the €48 pm deal (variety hd plus sports and 1extra box) but the best theyd offer me was €88 pm. Looking for €39 a month for sports! tried explaining to him that sports isnt worth as much anymore as BT have champions league and some rugby and prem league now, he tried bs with me saying sky have all the prem games next year (dont think thats true?), anyway told him id think about it but ill prob cancel it and get it back in the old mans name on his cancellation offer. Just wondering if anybody has gotten a better deal than that so ill know for the next time i ring
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    anyone that availed of the carphone warehouse deal last year have any luck with new discount when ringing back?

i rang back today as my discount is out in dec. i was on the €48 pm deal (variety hd plus sports and 1extra box) but the best theyd offer me was €88 pm. Looking for €39 a month for sports! tried explaining to him that sports isnt worth as much anymore as BT have champions league and some rugby and prem league now, he tried bs with me saying sky have all the prem games next year (dont think thats true?), anyway told him id think about it but ill prob cancel it and get it back in the old mans name on his cancellation offer. Just wondering if anybody has gotten a better deal than that so ill know for the next time i ring
    cheers

Sky have won the rights to show 3 PM games on a Saturday from next season. They'll also be showing Friday night games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Sky have won the rights to show 3 PM games on a Saturday from next season

Only in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Only in Ireland.

We are In Ireland??.. They rang me offering HD for €5 a month but HD should be standard now..

SNNUS wrote: »
    We are In Ireland??.. They rang me offering HD for €5 a month but HD should be standard now..

yea that charge for HD is a joke. i cant understand why it isnt standard by now as all it does is annoy people when calling about a bill and hearing its €15 a month

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sky have won the rights to show 3 PM games on a Saturday from next season. They'll also be showing Friday night games.

yea sky have extra games to broadcast in ireland but as far as i know BT will still have the sat morning games as well as the champions league and ufc . the operator made it sound to me that BT wasnt going to be worth having this time next year when really not all that much is changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

yea sky have extra games to broadcast in ireland but as far as i know BT will still have the sat morning games as well as the champions league and ufc . the operator made it sound to me that BT wasnt going to be worth having this time next year when really not all that much is changing.

Way Off Topic: But Sky must be sh***ing themselves with all the Championship games they are covering this year to make up for what they've lost to BT. In December they are showing 10 Championship games on 10 consecutive days !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Sky have saturday morning matches (12.30), BT now have saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

cheers

CPW
    my dad was on the above deal had variety, hd and sports for €33 a month.
    His deal was up in September and so I got him to ring had him well prepped. Initially nothing being offered so he insisted on asking to be put through to cancellations.

Final deal he got was original and sports half price for 9 months at €32.50 going up to €33.50 next month.

To be honest he is happy with that not bothered with variety or HD as no interest in kids, documentaries and doesn't have a mega tv etc.

The 9 month deal takes him up to the end of may where he will offload sports and see out his contract with original at full price.

On top of that he added the BT offer of 12 months for €129 so between the two subs is paying €44.25 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sky cancelled and switched off 19 days ago. Still no phone calls or offers from them.

At this stage, I'm thinking of getting my wife to sign up for CPW offer of Original for €21 per month with a €100 CPW voucher, or else the Sky deal at €29 per month with a free TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Sky cancelled and switched off 19 days ago. Still no phone calls or offers from them.

At this stage, I'm thinking of getting my wife to sign up for CPW offer of Original for €21 per month with a €100 CPW voucher, or else the Sky deal at €29 per month with a free TV.

The only current offer with the CPW at the moment is 25% off all packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

kooga wrote: »
    The only current offer with the CPW at the moment is 25% off all packages.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/sky-tv

and a €100 CPW voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

When does the CPW offer expire? Thanks.

thanks for the help lads, will try again tomorrow with cancellations

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Just signed up for CPW deal of 25% off and the €100 voucher.
    Anyone know how this €100 voucher is collected....by post, by email, collect in store?? Sky rep I spoke with didn't know himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Just signed up for CPW deal of 25% off and the €100 voucher.
    Anyone know how this €100 voucher is collected....by post, by email, collect in store?? Sky rep I spoke with didn't know himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got variety half price for 12 months ( €19), so back with sky , kids are happy again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Got variety half price for 12 months ( €19), so back with sky , kids are happy again!

Contract or no contract? Was there much haggling?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Slightly off topic , but does anyone know can i get sky for 1month ? want to get it for the xmass, contract with them finished in october this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Contract or no contract? Was there much haggling?

No contract, i was disconnected from sky since August. got no call back with another offer.so with advice from here ,phoned sky left a message saying that i missed a call from sky with offer, they phoned me with the half price for 12 months so i took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic , but does anyone know can i get sky for 1month ? want to get it for the xmass, contract with them finished in october this year
    Chances are you would get it for a month but I wouldn't publicise it though. Give them a call and and ask what offers they have for a returning customer and just make sure you aren't tied to a contract. Once you get that sorted call again the following day and cancel. As you probably know you will have to give 31 days notice in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

toonarmy1 wrote: »

NOWTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭sann

Cancelled about a month ago. Never received call back so I rang sky yesterday as my sky was stopped as of today. They offered everything half price for 12 months with no contract. Went with Variety, Sky Sports and Movies for 41.50 a month. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LaMoose

sann wrote: »
    Cancelled about a month ago. Never received call back so I rang sky yesterday as my sky was stopped as of today. They offered everything half price for 12 months with no contract. Went with Variety, Sky Sports and Movies for 41.50 a month. Happy days!

Can I ask how long you're with Sky? I was on the CPW deal and I've been cut off about a week. Last time I spoke to them they said that anyone getting a half price for x months would be a long time customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭sann

LaMoose wrote:
    Can I ask how long you're with Sky? I was on the CPW deal and I've been cut off about a week. Last time I spoke to them they said that anyone getting a half price for x months would be a long time customer.

Same as yourself. I was on the cpw half price deal for 12 months.

Advertisement