Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LaMoose

Nice one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

cancelled back in August. Started getting calls last week, but missed them. They called again today and said that because I had been with them from 2008 on, with no missed payments, blah blah blah, they would offer me 3 months free and half price for the next 9 months on variety and HD (this was our previous package, I don't think I could have got anything on top of that). No contract, just the normal 31 days notice if I want to terminate the service.

thanks Sky - kids will be able to watch the Toy Show now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

can u take the 3 months free and then cancel lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

GY A1 wrote: »
    can u take the 3 months free and then cancel lol

yes I can actually! and probably will because by that time, we should know the Sky Q pricing so there should be decent sign up offers for that ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

ablelocks wrote: »
    yes I can actually! and probably will because by that time, we should know the Sky Q pricing so there should be decent sign up offers for that ...

I got an email about that, it looks great. I registered my interest. Anyone know how it works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,804 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ablelocks wrote: »

What's Sky Q ? I normally just delete my emails from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What's Sky Q ? I normally just delete my emails from Sky.
    Here ya go :)

...or for a more analytic view see here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Gave my 31 days notice last week getting cut off on the 21st of December. Will be interesting to see what offers I get in advance of the new launch and post launch if I can last that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Are the half price offers only on the packages, variety etc and the HD full price ?
    I was offered half price variety and full price HD, so €34.50pm . Was told no way anyone getting half price HD.
    Plus only offered it for 9 months. Gonna ask for 12 months no contract.
    Any thoughts on the HD price ???

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Sasso wrote: »
    Are the half price offers only on the packages, variety etc and the HD full price ?
    I was offered half price variety and full price HD, so €34.50pm . Was told no way anyone getting half price HD.
    I've never paid for full price hd. Say you don't want it then if it's not discounted. They'll prob give you one then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Delta Echo Charlie

Just off the phone to them

Contract up (I had variety, sports, movies, hd and 1 extra box)

Got Variety sports and movies HALF Price for 6 months, HD FREE for the year and half price multi room

They also threw in 2 free remotes

GERRR IN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Sasso wrote: »

I pay €5 a month for HD!

Skuxx wrote: »
    I pay €5 a month for HD!
    Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Got Variety sports and movies HALF Price for 6 months, HD FREE for the year and half price multi room

GERRR IN

Nice one. Any contract? How much is it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I rang in to cancel sports and only got offered a reduction down to €26 per month which I declined so after consulting with someone else they improved the offer by €1 to €25 per month for 9 months.

Not much of a deal for someone who has been a customer for best part of 10 years so bye bye sports.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I rang in to cancel sports and only got offered a reduction down to €26 per month
    Im a little confused here. Is that the cost for the sports only or for your entire sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

muffler wrote: »
    Im a little confused here. Is that the cost for the sports only or for your entire sub?

Just for the Sports. I would have happily taken a reduction like that if it was on the whole package.

* At least I assumed it was just for the sports. Whoever it was I was dealing with wasn't very good. Offering me broadband etc which works out more expensive than I currently pay Vodafone and then telling me it would be cheaper in a bundle but unable to explain how.

From what I can tell the current broadband deal is €10 per month on top of €30 line rental. Not much of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

GERRR IN

Well done that's a great deal.
    Do you mind me asking did you let them cut you off or did you just ring up threatening to cancel ?
    Also was there much haggling for the 50% or did they just come up with that.
    We are out of contract on Dec 3rd ,not sure what way is best to approach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

after 3 weeks of disconnection, finally got that call.
    new offer - 12 months half price - no contract + no billing till feb 25th.
    hd for 5euros.
    said yes to the offer.
    was on cpw offer for the last 1 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

jasus lads, rang there, am out of contract, and best price for variety, movies and sports, and hd is €86 and that's with a discount!! with sky for 9+ yrs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

hd for 5euros.
    said yes to the offer.

So is that 3 months free ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Just been disconnected today and a bit píssed to find out you can't reset the hd boxes to the UK epg to watch free channels. Luckily I have 2 old dusty sd skyboxes in the attic!

Been reading through uk forums and it seems half price offers appearing in the "MySky" section of their website is common on the day of disconnection. Im seeing nothing here except that offers aren't available online and then a prompt to call them? Do Irish customers get similar online offers?

I'll bide my time anyways.

hd for 5euros.
    said yes to the offer.

What package are you on out of interest and what are you paying @50% off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Agricola wrote: »
    Just been disconnected today and a bit píssed to find out you can't reset the hd boxes to the UK epg to watch free channels. Luckily I have 2 old dusty sd skyboxes in the attic!

i just brought a uk card off adverts for €5 that done the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

tellmeabit wrote: »
    jasus lads, rang there, am out of contract, and best price for variety, movies and sports, and hd is €86 and that's with a discount!! with sky for 9+ yrs!!!

You need to push them by at least threatening to cancel and get talking to the loyalty team. The normal operator won't budge much from your standard price. I'm planning on doing this for ours next week so that if I have to go ahead and give my 30 days notices it won't be cut off during the festive period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

I've been on half price sports, variety, HD for 9 months, ends in January. Plus I have sky talk & BB.

Going to ring mid December to cancel sport and HD, I'm not in contract with the tv service but am on the phone/BB.

I'll see what they say. I think at this stage I'd happily go netfliix and just BB from sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

After waiting nearly a month since my cancellation went through, I finally got the call from Sky yesterday.

Any package half price for the year.
    First 3 months free.
    No contract

Took original plus sports and movies at 38 a month. First bill in February

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

i was due to be disconnected on the 7th but phoned them today and got any package half price for 9 months with no contract .:D

thanks to everyone whos posted im this tread and kept it going !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

After waiting nearly a month since my cancellation went through, I finally got the call from Sky yesterday.

Any package half price for the year.
    First 3 months free.
    No contract

Took original plus sports and movies at 38 a month. First bill in February

I got the same deal ie 1/2 price for 12 months with no contract but my first bill in January will include charges for Dec, Jan.

Are you sure its free for the first 3 months or is it first bill in Feb for 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I cancelled my CPW deal today, to be cancelled on 2nd January.
    Best I was offered was 10% discount on any package, so told them no.
    Signed up to the current CPW deal of 25% off, but might just cancel that as well if Sky are offering half price on the day of cancellation.

I'll ring next week and say I had a voicemail offering half price packages and see if I can get that.

Otherwise, I'll just go with CPW deal. €100 voucher for new phone could be handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Macca07 wrote: »
    I cancelled my CPW deal today, to be cancelled on 2nd January.
    Best I was offered was 10% discount on any package, so told them no.
    Signed up to the current CPW deal of 25% off, but might just cancel that as well if Sky are offering half price on the day of cancellation.

I'll ring next week and say I had a voicemail offering half price packages and see if I can get that.

Otherwise, I'll just go with CPW deal. €100 voucher for new phone could be handy.

It's actually more like 2.5 months.
    There's 90 euro on my account. I'm getting bills in Dec and Jan, but they will be zero. Feb bill will be 20 euro or something like that

Advertisement