Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm tempted. Really tempted but it's so crazy it probably won't work :pac:

JOIN ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

iroced wrote: »
    Right. I arranged my team around and for Agüero last GW as part of a -8 hoping to get ahead of the curve re-Agüero (since I was so late on Lukaku, I figured there was no point getting the Belgian for 1 or 2 weeks).

Well the backfiring is the worst I ever experienced in the game in 5 years. On one hand there's the point hits, on the other hand the wasted points for not getting in the right players. And on top of that, having a team arranged around an injured player.

So here I am.

Myhill Hennessey
    Kolarov Bellerin Bertrand Souaré Simpson
    KDB Özil Mahrez Deulofeu Wanyama
    Agüero Kane Vardy

I did Sanchez to Özil earlier in the week.
    What now?

Agüero to Lukaku? Benteke? Sturridge? Ighalo?

Earlier in the week I done a -8

Sanchez to Ozil
    McCsrthy to DDG
    Prodl to Berty

Cut my losses on Aguero and shipped him out for Benteke today for another -4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'm in. Had planned on dropping the game entirely for the season but thought I'd give it one last hurrah for the hell of it. Sturridge in for kun. Here goes everything (including my sanity)!

I'm in. Had planned on dropping the game entirely for the season but thought I'd give it one last hurrah for the hell of it. Sturridge in for kun. Here goes everything (including my sanity)!

Welcome aboard. Dear other FPLers, please don't hold me responsible when/if this backfires spectacularly. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

JOIN ME.

But Jarvis to Alli to buff out my squad and await Sergio's glorious return at home to Swansea makes a lot of sense.

And I'm very sensible :)

But then again I don't seem to have much choice :pac:

• Advertisement

Right. I arranged my team around and for Agüero last GW as part of a -8 hoping to get ahead of the curve re-Agüero (since I was so late on Lukaku, I figured there was no point getting the Belgian for 1 or 2 weeks).

Well the backfiring is the worst I ever experienced in the game in 5 years. On one hand there's the point hits, on the other hand the wasted points for not getting in the right players. And on top of that, having a team arranged around an injured player.

So here I am.

Myhill Hennessey
    Agüero Kane Vardy

What now?

Of those I'd go for Benteke and Lukaku in that order. Would be shocked if Sturridge started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Already done Sanchez to Ozil with FT. Now Begovic and Aguero giving me a headache!!

Begovic
    Bellerin VanDijk Toby Moreno
    Mane(c) DeBruyne Ozil Mahrez
    Deeney Lukaku

Subs: McCarthy, Aguero, Lingard, Targett

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Zouma and Kane for Aguero and Dann. Only brought Dann in last week, really didn't think that one through. So tempted to go with Sturridge but I can't see him starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Took in Deulofeu & Alli for Sanchez & Sinclair.

Really tough decision to choose my replacement for Sanchez, I had my heart set on Coutinho I really wanted Liverpool attacking coverage but alas he was ruled out. I could have had Barkley, Mane, Hazard, Ayew any number of good choices out there but went with Deulofeu (fck me that's a bastard of a name to spell).

It has left me 6.7m in the bank for next week when maybe Sturridge or Aguero could both be options. I'm sitting in the top 2k so maybe I should have just took Barkley as he's so highly owned and sort of covered myself, ah well we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just the 5 changes this week, nothing major. Ozil, De Bruyne, Hazard, Deeney and De Gea in for Sanchez, Firmino, Drinkwater, Aguero and Begovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Just the 5 changes this week, nothing major. Ozil, De Bruyne, Hazard, Deeney and De Gea in for Sanchez, Firmino, Drinkwater, Aguero and Begovic.

Sláinte

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I have exactly enough to do Aguero>Kane and Wanyama>Hazard for a -8...but I can't pull the trigger. I see people considering Chelsea mids vs Bournemouth...what about Willian? Seems to be the only Chelsea player on decent form.

I have exactly enough to do Aguero>Kane and Wanyama>Hazard for a -8...but I can't pull the trigger. I see people considering Chelsea mids vs Bournemouth...what about Willian? Seems to be the only Chelsea player on decent form.

I think Willian has been their best player this season and he's in my team. Problem is if they score 2,3,4 goals, which is likely, will it be Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Pedro or Willian who are on the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

anyone think the ox might start getting 90mins now with arsenals injurys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I think Willian has been their best player this season and he's in my team. Problem is if they score 2,3,4 goals, which is likely, will it be Costa, Hazard, Oscar, Pedro or Willian who are on the end of it.

Costa is hit and miss atm. Especially with his behaviour lately..never rated Oscar tbh. Then it's down to Hazard, Pedro and Willian. Hazard off-form, Pedro/Willian?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could someone explain to me all the love for Chelsea players this week?

Is there something I missed last week?
    I watched their game and there was no sign of improvement imo. It was terrible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

So here I am.

Myhill Hennessey
    Agüero Kane Vardy

What now?

Do nothing and play 4-4-2? or 3-5-2?

Costa is hit and miss atm. Especially with his behaviour lately..never rated Oscar tbh. Then it's down to Hazard, Pedro and Willian. Hazard off-form, Pedro/Willian?

Of all those players Wiilian is the one assured of the most minutes.

Can't believe you don't rate Oscar as he's the one I'd take to my club if I had the choice.

wonski wrote: »
    Could someone explain to me all the love for Chelsea players this week?

Is there something I missed last week?
    I watched their game and there was no sign of improvement imo. It was terrible tbh.

They are improving though and Bournemouth concede goals. Lots of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hazard has actually improved and has been unlucky not to get FF Points in the last few weeks

Sure it's a gamble playing him but Bournemouth are fairly weak defensively and no1 keeper is injured and reports that back up borc is also injured - so possibly third choice in goals would suggest an even weaker defensive display

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Ace2007 wrote:
    Hazard has actually improved and has been unlucky not to get FF Points in the last few weeks

Ace2007 wrote:
    Sure it's a gamble playing him but Bournemouth are fairly weak defensively and no1 keeper is injured and reports that back up borc is also injured - so possibly third choice in goals would suggest an even weaker defensive display

Hazard hasn't scored in 24 games...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

You keep saying that but he hasn't been playing Bournemouth 24 times.

Aguero hadn't done anything this season bar go nuts against a woeful Newcastle - sometimes the opponents can gift goals - and Bournemouth on average have conceded 3 goals a game in there last 6

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ah. I see. Having scored 19 goals last season he has clearly now forgotten the concept and will never ever score again.

Thanks for clearing that up. Wait while i transfer him out again for -4.

FHFC wrote: »
    Ah. I see. Having scored 19 goals last season he has clearly now forgotten the concept and will never ever score again.

I hope he doesn't score just for the snark. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Even you must accept that the Hazard love in is a big punt even though it's Bournemouth at home?

Shocked it has been 24 games without a goal all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I watched all 90 minutes of the Chelsea game last week and I have to say Hazard never crossed my mind as an option to bring in. Sure, the Mourinho bus won't be parked today but Chelsea aren't 'right'.

In fact I was amazed when his name started to be mentioned as a Sanchez replacement.

Hazard might score big today (in fairness anyone can against Bournemouth) but it won't change my view that he is a 'punt' at the moment.

Are we even sure he will start with such a vital CL game on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Even you must accept that the Hazard love in is a big punt even though it's Bournemouth at home?

Shocked it has been 24 games without a goal all the same.

I don't actually think its that big a punt given his pedigree, recent form and stats and the opposition.

And apologies for the sarkiness but there slightly more layers to this game than 'he's not scored for a while so he won't score soon'

I brought in Barkley for Sanchez. I was considering Hazard, but I'd like some sign of form before I do. Can always bring him in next week in that case.

Hope the hazard punts work out for you lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't actually think its that big a punt given his pedigree, recent form and stats and the opposition.

And apologies for the sarkiness but there slightly more layers to this game than 'he's not scored for a while so he won't score soon'

I have had to hold myself off on a -4 to get hazard in for mata
    mata has survived mainly due to more pressing issues every week such as Sanchez this week
    I thought united were on the box which was another factor
    turns out they are not but Chelsea are in the late game..........and now I'm seeing a MEN article that suggests mata may lose his place today ............can't see that happening but his form has been STINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

It is a shocking statistic all the same. I doubt there's more than a handful of players that any of us would consider bringing in with those stats.

Had been thinking of getting him this week, but decided to wait until he turns improving performances into fpl points.

Saying that, this weekend is as good a chance as he'll get to start turning things around.

Advertisement