Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in California

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

But if everyone was Armed this would never have happened. More guns solves gun Crime.

This is unpossible. California already has some of the most restrictive gun laws, and only tightened them even more a couple of weeks ago.

Let's wait and see what's going on, shall we? If it's an organised group of multiple people, it's not as if the French gun laws helped much, is it? My totally uneducated guess, though, is it's initial information error, and it's just one bloke.

Police more or less confirmed that there are 3 shooters. Nothing since then. One person has been detained.

Two people have been seen removing black clothing nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

masti123 wrote: »
    There have been 350+ mass shooting in the US so far this year. I got this crazy feeling that these mass shootings would stop if we took away everyone's guns, maybe that's just me though.

Restricting guns won't stop terrorists. How about we wait until the full facts before getting on the anti gun soap box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

masti123 wrote: »
    There have been 350+ mass shooting in the US so far this year .I got this crazy feeling that these mass shootings would stop if we took away everyone's guns, maybe that's just me though.

I doubt they'd stop overnight....as they seem to be ingrained abit in America culture now and the shooters for a fair bit go down as infamous and remembered in their localities

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Restricting guns won't stop terrorists. How about we wait until the full facts before getting on the anti gun soap box

And the attacking with the pro-gun soap box and it just becoming yet another conversation about this and nothing else.

Edit:

Shots reported at another hospital. Bullets heard in the background of 911 call. Cops there now saying they are code 4 (no further assistance required) at this other hospital, but are double checking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

People were shot, with guns, what other facts do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

This is unpossible. California already has some of the most restrictive gun laws, and only tightened them even more a couple of weeks ago.

Let's wait and see what's going on, shall we? If it's an organised group of multiple people, it's not as if the French gun laws helped much, is it? My totally uneducated guess, though, is it's initial information error, and it's just one bloke.

I'm sure in America it's just as easy to get hold of power tools poison and Knives. Yet it only seems to be mass shootings and none of the other. The argument for guns saying criminals will have them. Guess what they may have one because the home owner has has one there in lies the problem.

Reuters reporting:
    Three people killed and as many 20 wounded in San Bernardino shooting: http://reut.rs/1NpowQc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Whosthis wrote: »
    People were shot, with guns, what other facts do you want?

I don't remember the thread about the Paris attacks turning into a debate about gun control. People have been murdered yet posters immediately jump in with comments to voice their pro/anti gun agenda just because it happened in America.

The gun control sh1tehawking only happens when shootings take place in America.

Anyway.

Black SUV possibly belonging to the shooters are being tracked down by police. Multiple reports coming in via 911.

• Advertisement

I don't remember the thread about the Paris attacks turning into a debate about gun control. People have been murdered yet posters immediately jump in with comments to voice their pro/anti gun agenda just because it happened in America.

Oh I dunno maybe France has a little less problem with mass shootings then the USA.... Just maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Three shooters in military style clothing.

There were ISIS terrorists arrested in central America a couple of weeks back, trying to make their way to the US. One can only speculate at this stage.

Once again, Reddit Live thread for anyone interested. That and the police scanner are where I'm getting my information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

You are correct. CA has very restrictive gun laws compared to other US states.

But, they aren't all that restrictive to be honest.

You are correct. CA has very restrictive gun laws compared to other US states.

But, they aren't all that restrictive to be honest.

Are you able to still sell privately ?

Shooting being reported at Target shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Media really struggling for something to say now they (rightly) aren't allowed broadcast police movements or get close to the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,974 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

jaykay74 wrote:
    Could be christian terrorists again. Didn't they shoot up an abortion clinic a few days back?

Imagine if one of these shootings was carried out by muslims. The whole country would sh1t itself.

With any luck this is just an honest, decent white christian, mass shooting. Completely different to a terrorist attack.

Thinking about the poor divils who died. I fear nothing will be learned from their deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Once again, Reddit Live thread for anyone interested. That and the police scanner are where I'm getting my information.

Sure you can keep us updated here ;) ... I hate Reddit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Are you able to still sell privately ?

Not to my knowledge, I believe all private sales have to go via a firearms dealer.

So technically I can sell you a gun but a dealer has to do the paperwork.

• Advertisement

Not to my knowledge, I believe all private sales have to go via a firearms dealer.

So technically I can sell you a gun but a dealer has to do the paperwork.

Yeah thought so, You mean like those big gun shows and alike is kinda a loophole.

Sure you can keep us updated here ;) ... I hate Reddit!

That's what I've been doing. :pac: Assuming there's people that don't want to get involved in the typical gun control conversations here, but want to keep up to date with what's happening.

Police now reporting suspects had AK-47 style weapons.

And Department of Homeland Security seemingly circling above.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Obvious Muslims are obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Department of Homeland Security is circling the scene. Thats from the reddit thread, there's an image attached of a planes flight path. Would that be quite significant? As in, would they be involved if it was a domestic threat?

Suspicious package found at scene, unknown at the moment if it is an explosive device.

ABC news in the US are speculating it was an ISIS attack.

Department of Homeland Security is circling the scene. Thats from the reddit thread, there's an image attached of a planes flight path. Would that be quite significant? As in, would they be involved if it was a domestic threat?

Well is a kind of scary though if this is a terror attack, More ratcheting up of homeland security more pulling down on civil liberties.

CNN have a guest speculating it is an anti-government US militia group who are responsible.

No one knows.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Probably. After all, 'homeland security' does rather have an internal/domestic focus. San Bernadino isn't too far from the border, it is not unreasonable to expect that DHS would have air assets in the area. (CBP are part of DHS)

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Suspicious package found at scene, unknown at the moment if it is an explosive device.

Seemingly multiple explosive devices. It was reported that a robot was dealing with an IED a little earlier.

Also there's nothing to suspect that Muslims or ISIS are involved.

Advertisement