Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

flutered wrote: »
    i will join up, my main reason being that i have to travel 20 miles to the pm depot, then 20 back, as i am home each day and the local delivery driver and i go back a long long way, it makes financial sense
    Parcel Connect would have been much more suitable for you up to now.

am I reading this correctly,if I order from a company in the uk,that company has to be using dpd for this parcel wizard to work and if the company I order from use a different courier than dpd it wont work?

It doesn't matter what UK courier company deliver it to your Parcel Wizard address. DPD will take it from there.

For standard deliveries from Ireland to your home, you can put your PW ID on the address if you wish. If DPD are delivering it they will recognise the ID and it will show up on your PW webpage. They will deliver it to suit your PW Calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Logged in at last.

Where the hell is the virtual UK address hidden?

I emailed them today as its nowhere on the site...
    am I reading this correctly,if I order from a company in the uk,that company has to be using dpd for this parcel wizard to work and if the company I order from use a different courier than dpd it wont work?

Is this the case?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It is here

https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/#/my-parcel-passport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

Is this the case?

apparently not,see post above (183)

• Advertisement

if the virtual uk address is not on the home page,click on the help tab at the top of the page,then you will see F.A.Q,the address is on page 4 of the F.A.Q

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭teileann

The UK addresses are in the north of Ireland, not in mainland UK.
    I rang them to confirm this.
    Pity, I wanted to buy something but they only deliver to mainland UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

teileann wrote: »
    The UK addresses are in the north of Ireland, not in mainland UK.
    I rang them to confirm this.
    Pity, I wanted to buy something but they only deliver to mainland UK.

Try it. I often see that but they will ship to northern Ireland. They mostly mean channel islands , isle of man etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭teileann

Tried it.
    I had to put in a valid telephone number.

I tried both landland and mobile, with all sorts of combinations of code/without code and none were recognised, so could not order.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Just bought something from banggood. Lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭dodzy

Late to the races here! Reg complete :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

It has re-appeared in the top menu bar, but the link is a dud.

They needs some time to iron out bugs I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

It wont even let me go through sign up process

Annoying to say the least...will try again later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

As someone asked earlier, does anyone know how they take payment after the 3 free deliveries? Something like Parcel Motel would be ideal i.e. automatically from linked card.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

lowelife wrote: »
    It wont even let me go through sign up process

Annoying to say the least...will try again later

Ok scratch that I'm now registered...now where is my free delieveries :)

lowelife wrote: »
    Ok scratch that I'm now registered...now where is my free delieveries :)

You have to buy something first :)

It has re-appeared in the top menu bar, but the link is a dud.

They needs some time to iron out bugs I think.

For those that can't find the virtual address, just hit the help link on your homepage, go to the 2nd FAQ page ( there's 7 pages in total ) and it's the 5th question down. Expand it to reveal the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

dodzy wrote: »
    For those that can't find the virtual address, just hit the help link on your homepage, go to the 2nd FAQ page ( there's 7 pages in total ) and it's the 5th question down. Expand it to reveal the address.

The main menu is working now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

ParcelMotel just emailed me a pretty sh!t offer in comparison to 3 free home deliveries from Parcel Wizard..

I thought they always had this offer anyway when you topped up by €35 or more in one go?

Exclusive_4_50_prepayment_bonus_with_Parcel_Mo.png

• Advertisement

Techmaster wrote: »
    ParcelMotel just emailed me a pretty sh!t offer in comparison to 3 free home deliveries from Parcel Wizard..

I thought they always had this offer anyway when you topped up by €35 or more in one go?

Exclusive_4_50_prepayment_bonus_with_Parcel_Mo.png

Was just about to screen-grab the same thing from my inbox! Daft offer TBH.

dodzy wrote: »
    Was just about to screen-grab the same thing from my inbox! Daft offer TBH.

Crazy, as they have this offer all-year round as it is. This only increases the chances of a lot of their customer base moving to competitors offering better offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That offer just came through on Facebook which is like flighting fire with spitting on it.

I'm not sending €35 upfront

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Bought something today on Amazon Prime. Should be in DPD's Mallusk depot tomorrow. Be interesting to see how long it takes to get to my house.

Bought something today on Amazon Prime. Should be in DPD's Mallusk depot tomorrow. Be interesting to see how long it takes to get to my house.

Let us know, hopefully service is as good as their offers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IrishBlaine

It got shipped by Amazon already?

Techmaster wrote: »
    Let us know, hopefully service is as good as their offers :D

Customer service seems to be pretty sh1t anyway in my experience and from a couple of examples I've read on here. Parcel Motel were fairly on the ball when they launched and even had a customer service forum on here for a while if I remember correctly.

DPD - customer reviews here are not great, but 3 free deliveries is sexy!
    PM - Historically been very good apart from the mad Xmas blip last year and their poxy "€35 up front for a free drop(ish)" offer.

Put them together and this could be great for us Amazonians / Ebayers and the like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I take it we know that Parcel Motel will deliver to a nominated address now as well as a PM box?

ok its 7.95 I think but they will do it.

Does anyone know if they take things to the UK? the way you can drop stuff off to PM is handy for uk shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

god's toy wrote: »
    I take it we know that Parcel Motel will deliver to a nominated address now as well as a PM box?

ok its 7.95 I think but they will do it.

Does anyone know if they take things to the UK? the way you can drop stuff off to PM is handy for uk shipping.

Why would you use parcel motel to nominated address for 7.95 if you can get it with DPD for free/3.85 ?

With Parcelmotel you have to guess when it will arrive, with DPD you know when it arrives because you get a 1 hour delivery window assigned plus you could use the other parcelwizzard options to customize the delivery further.

Advertisement