Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 New Ice Age

Very good documentary on US Netflix - talhotblond. It's about the perils of chatting with strangers on the internet and how one guy was driven to commit murder.

Also, just read earlier and not sure if it's been mentioned - The Force Awakens will stream on Netflix Canada. Only Netflix Canada I think it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Separate threads for film & TV
    Very good documentary on US Netflix - talhotblond. It's about the perils of chatting with strangers on the internet and how one guy was driven to commit murder.

Also, just read earlier and not sure if it's been mentioned - The Force Awakens will stream on Netflix Canada. Only Netflix Canada I think it said.

talhotblond ya it was on Irish netflix as well, ya it was crazy what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Season 4 of American horror story has recently gone up on irish netflix. The first 3 seasons were class.

falan wrote: »
    Season 4 of American horror story has recently gone up on irish netflix. The first 3 seasons were class.

Wasn't too mad on the third. Loved the first two. Particularly the second season. Fourth was good in parts with some really good characters.

If you like sports doco's - Brian and The Boz is pretty interesting. Follows the career of a prominent American footballer and his alter ego who sort of embraced what turns out to be the pitfalls of being a revered young athlete.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wasn't too mad on the third. Loved the first two. Particularly the second season. Fourth was good in parts with some really good characters.

If you like sports doco's - Brian and The Boz is pretty interesting. Follows the career of a prominent American footballer and his alter ego who sort of embraced what turns out to be the pitfalls of being a revered young athlete.

Felt the exact same about AHS. Season 1 was the highpoint for me, gradually went downhill towards 3. Haven't seen 4 yet, but will check it out if I don't find another series to pick up.

Is Brian and the Boz on Irish netflix?

• Advertisement

Felt the exact same about AHS. Season 1 was the highpoint for me, gradually went downhill towards 3. Haven't seen 4 yet, but will check it out if I don't find another series to pick up.

Apologies. It's on the US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Is there any way of getting rid of all the shows/movies I've already watched.

If I've already rated a tiltle, be off with ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Wasn't too mad on the third. Loved the first two. Particularly the second season. Fourth was good in parts with some really good characters. If you like sports doco's - Brian and The Boz is pretty interesting. Follows the career of a prominent American footballer and his alter ego who sort of embraced what turns out to be the pitfalls of being a revered young athlete.

I agree, season 1 and 2 were very good. 3 was ok and I don't think I watched the last few episodes of 3 cos it seemed to drag on a little bit..
    I watched the first episode of season 4 last night and so far so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Charlie19 wrote: »

Getting rid of them from where? You can remove stuff from your list. Netflix has some silly algorithm to suggest titlesbased on what you watched, rated qnd added to your list as well as stuff they are pushing. You can reset or tweak your likes/dislikes on the desktop site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Charlie19 wrote: »

Right click and select delete, title is removed from Netflix for everyone in the world as well though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ageyev wrote: »
    Urgh that's pathetic. Serious screw up on Netflix's part.

I've read before that this is unintentional and you should report it as an error, it's something that happens occasionally in whatever process they use.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'll add my name to the list of people recommending What We Do In The Shadows. Hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at the bit where the cops came to the house. "HIS SOUL IS IN HELL!!" "I don't know where his soul is, where's his blanket is what I'm asking."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'll add my name to the list of people recommending What We Do In The Shadows. Hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing at the bit where the cops came to the house. "HIS SOUL IS IN HELL!!" "I don't know where his soul is, where's his blanket is what I'm asking."

It's that bit funnier because of the Kiwi accent too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It's that bit funnier because of the Kiwi accent too.

Yeah, when Nick is giving out about not being able to eat chups anymore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Watched The Summit after seeing Everest over the weekend. Thought it was brilliant. It's about a group climbing K2 and how they got into difficulties. There's plenty in it about an Irish climber Ger McDonnell, I would definitely recommend it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I watched Circle last night and really enjoyed it. Like The Exam or Cube, it's a claustrophobic and tense film that puts a group of people in a horrendous situation and watches events unfold. 50 people wake up in a circular room, with no idea how they got there and a machine in the centre of the foom which will fire instantly-deadly rays at them if they attempt to touch another person or move from their designated spot - but also on a timed basis, every two minutes. When the group realises they can control who is targeted by the machine, tensions arise over the question of who should die next (and why) and who the group should try to save, if saving anyone is even possible.

It's very much a talking heads film, but an excellently executed one. In particular the number of people on screen is high enough to allow for unexpected shocks and developments without being so high as to be confusing.

^Cheers. Think I'll watch that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭beerpong

Fysh wrote: »
    I watched Circle last night and really enjoyed it. Like The Exam or Cube, it's a claustrophobic and tense film that puts a group of people in a horrendous situation and watches events unfold.

Watched the circle tonight, thought it was very good, really loved cube when I seen it first years ago, adding exam to my list.
    Primer is another good one, only about an hour long, once read the full script to it while suppossed to be working :-) battle royale is another classic.
    Recently Watched serenity followers up by the program firefly, enjoyed them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Watching a horror film from My List each night on the lead-up to Halloween. Sat down to watch Ginger Snaps and sure enough, another film in the wrong aspect ratio with the sides of the image cut off. It's gotten to the point where I have to have Google at my side to check that the picture is right.

I went to Tucker and Dale vs. Evil instead, funny stuff.

Thought the Circle was only OK. I did enjoy the tactical element though.

I think it's how something like that would unfold in real life so it's interesting to observe people in that scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Thought the Circle was only OK. I did enjoy the tactical element though.

I think it's how something like that would unfold in real life so it's interesting to observe people in that scenario.

One thing I really liked was
    how the final choice plays out, because despite having been ruthless all the way through I thought it was going to end with a tedious "but pregnant ladies are intrinsically more important than everyone else" bit, so Eric's final actions were a welcome reversal

The script seemed more focused on how such group and bloc tactics shift and change than most similar films, which was detrimental in terms of character development but beneficial for maintaining tension and momentum IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I kind of liked The Circle, what I didn't like was how some of the random/inexplicable killings turned out.
    And yet at the same time, the guy who said nothing survived for so long. Think there should have been a point to each killing. Also, I thought the big guy with the suspenders who was pissing everyone off should have been killed a lot earlier, he was such a target

• Registered Users Posts: 60,438 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The trailer for the first of the Adam Sandler's Netflix films.

Looks terrible as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The trailer for the first of the Adam Sandler's Netflix films.

Looks terrible as expected.
    This is the film that Native American extras walked off of set due to demeaning stereotypes. Sounds like the humour will be great...

I kind of liked The Circle, what I didn't like was how some of the random/inexplicable killings turned out.
    And yet at the same time, the guy who said nothing survived for so long. Think there should have been a point to each killing. Also, I thought the big guy with the suspenders who was pissing everyone off should have been killed a lot earlier, he was such a target

I know what you mean, but with
    50 characters to start with and a 2 minute kill-timer I can understand how it would be difficult to achieve. I liked the ambiguity of the silent guy, and the way that we don't get to find out whether the machine does in fact leave alone those who never participate or if he was just lucky somehow.

The Ridiculous 6 looks dreadful. Was wondering what kind of movie it was supposed to be...then I noticed Rob Schneider failing to be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Just finished watching Circle after reading about it here, really enjoyed it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Going back to S04 of American Horror Story now.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Hellraiser and Vampires lined up for Friday night. They've been on my watchlist now for the past two months or so, seems a perfect time to watch them.

The list in November for Ireland seems pretty decent, much better than our American conterparts which again is piss-poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Just finished watching Circle after reading about it here, really enjoyed it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Going back to S04 of American Horror Story now.

Was glad to see this added- was watching it week on week but got tired of the lack of paranormal with it. Want to finish it now so glad it will be easy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The list in November for Ireland seems pretty decent, much better than our American conterparts which again is piss-poor.

Ireland's November list is shocking tbh http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/whats-new-on-netflix-shows-movies/

That deal they lost with Epix is starting to show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement