Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Started watching the first series of FARGO its bloody good.

It is, 2nd season so far is even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭romperstomper

believe it or not there is a kickstarter campaign (already funded) to produce a similar doc for the amiga scene:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1195082866/from-bedrooms-to-billions-the-amiga-years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

would an amazon fire stick work in Spain (OOTB)?

It will but you won't be able to access any of the Amazon related content. Apps like Netflix will be fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Separate threads for film & TV
    believe it or not there is a kickstarter campaign (already funded) to produce a similar doc for the amiga scene:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1195082866/from-bedrooms-to-billions-the-amiga-years

Amiga was but a dream, closest I got was drooling over the screen shots. Didn't even know anyone one who owned one.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Netflix has some great documentaries at the moment. Just watched Indias daughter, about the high profile rape and murder of a young medical student in 2012. Very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Gonna give that Bedrooms video games docma look. I saw one on indie games before which was quite good and theres one about,Atari on thee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Netflix has some great documentaries at the moment. Just watched Indias daughter, about the high profile rape and murder of a young medical student in 2012. Very good

cant find that at all, is it on Irish netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

fin12 wrote: »
    cant find that at all, is it on Irish netflix?

No I seen it in Canada flix

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

No I seen it in Canada flix

oh ok :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hot Girls Wanted

Very good doc, and shows just how exploited these young (too f*cking young) girls are .....

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,188 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jessica Jones trailer

Hot Girls Wanted

Very good doc, and shows just how exploited these young (too f*cking young) girls are .....

Thought the doc was a bit on the nose myself. You could also make a similar one interviewing people who have done well and are all positive about it but yeah, the internet age has certainly changed the game. The main guy who owned the house (as well as people who work for him) sent out some tweets a few months ago airing his thoughts on it. He said he was young and new to the business etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

po-faced ****

some good performances though

3/5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

donfers wrote: »
    po-faced ****

3/5
    Are you reviewing this thread or Netflix in general?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Saw kajaki last night and thought it was only ok tbh 5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

shamrock55 wrote: »

I'd agree with that.

Mezcita wrote: »
    I'd agree with that.

Yea i got tired of them lying on their backs moaning for an hr:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I just watched Kajaki on the Irish Netflix and I honestly cannot recommend it enough. An absolutely outstanding film

Edit: Just added in the trailer from Youtube and synopsis from IMDB (It's also called Kilo Two Bravo on there). This really was a brilliant film and I had heard nothing about it until it appeared on Netflix.

Watched it this evening, it is indeed an absolutely outstanding film. Thanks for the heads up.

donfers wrote: »
    po-faced ****

3/5

Which region is Old Faced **** on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I admired it more than I liked it. It's very gritty, but I wouldn't watch it again although every part of it from the performances to the directing were very solid

• Advertisement

Chanced horns last night(daniel radcliff) didnt know what to expect but i enjoyed it even though it was a tad bit strange, his girlfriends pretty good to look at too which helps:D 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Reports that Netflix Canada will have Star Wars 7 about 8 months after its theatrical release:

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/star-wars-netflix-streaming-1201623566/

Interview with Beasts of no nation director on Empire Movie podcast - https://m.soundcloud.com/empiremagazine/184-cary-fukunaga-23-october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Word of caution to anyone watching An American Werewolf in London: Some bastard cropped the picture for 4:3 screens. Thought something was off during the movie and I had to check. Pretty annoying when you make your way through a classic film and realize you haven't watched it as it was meant to be seen. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Is South Park on any region?

It used to be but not any more. If you are ever in the US http://southpark.cc.com/ has them and is legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Ex Machina is up on Netflix Canada.

(Might have been mentioned already but I'm posting from phone so can't search the thread).

e_e wrote: »
    Word of caution to anyone watching An American Werewolf in London: Some bastard cropped the picture for 4:3 screens. Thought something was off during the movie and I had to check. Pretty annoying when you make your way through a classic film and realize you haven't watched it as it was meant to be seen. :mad:

Urgh that's pathetic. Serious screw up on Netflix's part. Though, Netflix isn't really the place for film fans of OAR.

Fyi: New series of "Netflix Original" Hemlock Grove is up. It's not particularly good - it's about a werewolf andmother strange borderline supernatural goings on. It is so bad it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Chanced horns last night(daniel radcliff) didnt know what to expect but i enjoyed it even though it was a tad bit strange, his girlfriends pretty good to look at too which helps:D 6.5/10

Read the book first by Joe Hill (Stephen King's Son) movie was an ok adaptation but the book worked better.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Read the book first by Joe Hill (Stephen King's Son) movie was an ok adaptation but the book worked better.

Some bits of the movie worked well enough (I particularly liked the sequence where he goes into the bar and sets the clientele off, then sets off the journalists looking to interview him) but other bits were utterly tone-deaf in ways the book very neatly avoided. It may be possible to adapt the book well, but the current film failed to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Keanu Reeves excellent documentary on digital film making's impact on cinema called Side by Side is on Netflix Canada

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement