Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Separate threads for film & TV
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I can see it, click here for the search page.

Cheers. Just realised I only had Netflix ticked doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Anyone know which regions are James Bond films on?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,415 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ageyev wrote: »

There very few if any up the last I looked and the few that were there were on the South American regions.

Ageyev wrote: »

There very few if any up the last I looked and the few that were there were on the South American regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Watched Anthony Jeselnik's new Netflix special. It was outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I just watched Kajaki on the Irish Netflix and I honestly cannot recommend it enough. An absolutely outstanding film.

In September 2006, a 3 man patrol of Paras sets off from their outpost overlooking Kajaki Dam in southern Afghanistan, to engage the Taliban. As they make their way across a dried out river bed one of them steps on a mine left from the Russian occupation some 25 years before. His colleagues rush to his aid only to find they are surrounded by mines and every move threatens serious injury or death.

Edit: Just added in the trailer from Youtube and synopsis from IMDB (It's also called Kilo Two Bravo on there). This really was a brilliant film and I had heard nothing about it until it appeared on Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Watched Anthony Jeselnik's new Netflix special. It was outstanding.

Not as good as his other special 'Caligula'. If you're easily offended though, I wouldn't go near either of them. If you can make it past the Eric Clapton joke on the Netflix Special, you should be okay. The shark party bit was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Not as good as his other special 'Caligula'. If you're easily offended though, I wouldn't go near either of them. If you can make it past the Eric Clapton joke on the Netflix Special, you should be okay. The shark party bit was brilliant.

I've seen both (and listened to his first album, Shakespeare).

This may be my favourite of all three. The joke about his grandmother's autopsy was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I just watched Kajaki on the Irish Netflix and I honestly cannot recommend it enough. An absolutely outstanding film.

Edit: Just added in the trailer from Youtube and synopsis from IMDB (It's also called Kilo Two Bravo on there). This really was a brilliant film and I had heard nothing about it until it appeared on Netflix.

Looks good. Just added it to my list. Was going to watch Ex-Manchia tonight on Canadian Netflix but might give this one a watch first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

for example, the worst offender in this is something like 24. if I was jack bauer, I'd be sh1tting my pants every 45 minutes as something horrible is inevitably just about to happen.

Jack Bauer never s***s, so there's no problem

• Advertisement

Ex Machina & It Follows added to Netflix Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ex Machina is a great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Watched 'About Time' last night, with the mrs, great move, but don't overthink the time travel potholes. It really pulls on the old emotions in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ex Machina is a great movie.

Thought it was a great idea with huge potential, but it turned out to be a load of nonsense as a sci fi film. 1/10.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I loved Ex Machina, but I think it’s more effective as allegory than as sci-fi. When you get down to it it’s just about a chick locked in a room making two dudes very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It follows was very enjoyable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Fargo season 2 has started on Netflix France, Germany, Austria & Belgium.

Episode 1 so far & episode 2 is out on Wednesday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

PWEI wrote: »
    Fargo season 2 has started on Netflix France, Germany, Austria & Belgium.

Episode 1 so far & episode 2 is out on Wednesday.

It started on Channel 4 tonight. If it's only being added on a weekly basis might as well just watch it on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

It started on Channel 4 tonight. If it's only being added on a weekly basis might as well just watch it on TV?

Given the choice I'd always watch something on Netflix instead of on TV because it saves me having to record it but mainly because I watch most stuff on a projector instead of the TV.
    Besides, watching it on Channel 4 means you'd have to sit through the adds or fast forward them if you recorded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭Corvo

When is Daredevil and Narcos back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

PWEI wrote: »
    Given the choice I'd always watch something on Netflix instead of on TV because it saves me having to record it but mainly because I watch most stuff on a projector instead of the TV.
    Besides, watching it on Channel 4 means you'd have to sit through the adds or fast forward them if you recorded it.

4 on demand sorts that out

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

peteeeed wrote: »
    4 on demand sorts that out

That has ads too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

adox wrote: »
    That has ads too!

Feckin loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

adox wrote: »
    That has ads too!

true but you don't have to watch them (i'm talking about on sky or upc)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

peteeeed wrote: »
    true but you don't have to watch them (i'm talking about on sky or upc)

They're no more optional on 4OD than anywhere else - the 4OD player even checks for adblockers at this point. Any time I've ever tried to skip a block of ads on 4OD I've had to restart the stream :(

Anyway, getting off topic for Netflix I guess ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

If anyone is in Japan they have
    • Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
    • Lethal Weapon
    • The Exorcist: In a Version You've Never Seen
    • The Shining (and the Room 237 doc)
    • 2001:A Space Oddysey
    • Gremlins 2
    • Fifth element
    • Dawn of the Dead 2004 remake
    • Children of Men
    • Man on the Moon
    • The Thing 2011 remake
    • District 9
    • Goodfellas
    • All Indiana Jones films
    • Ben Hur
    • Close Encounters of the Third Kind

The original Ring film is on there too. No English subtiles and most people probably know the spoiler ending.

Netflix Spain has gone live today.

Netflix Italy has gone live today.

Netflix Portugal has gone live today.

Is South Park on any region?

John Wick is on Netflix Spain.

Red 2 is on Netflix Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

"Back In Time" on Aussie Flix, brand new docu about Back To The Future movies, everyone seems to be interviewed in it, not much press about it but seems worth a look:

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/back-future-documentary-back-time-mcfly-doc-zemeckis-bring-classic-science-fiction-651253

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement