Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Bautista :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Most memorable inning ever!

Not a baseball fan at all but this game is great.Fans going nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

I wanted Texas to win, but you gotta love what is happening now.

Bautista reaction was priceless.

Thidp wrote: »
    Bautista reaction was priceless.

Inventor of baseball, Brian McCann, would not be happy with that reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I think the Blue Jays might have turned me into a baseball fan... Holy jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think the Blue Jays might have turned me into a baseball fan... Holy jaysus.

Exciting. I had it on in the background and then got sucked in.

Amazing. A 53 minute 7th inning. Police called.

And then a 3 run homer to take Toronto ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Tough on the Rangers but deserved by the Blue Jays. Incredible atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Well that's a game for the ages, for many different reasons. I have very mixed feelings about a lot of what went on but will keep my powder dry until tomorrow. I'm too exhausted now!

Happy they won. :-)

Unhappy with some of the goings on. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Living in Toronto, and the city is going f***ing bonkers right now. I was away for the weekend but the mood was so down after they went 0-2 on Friday, only found out when I got back to work this morning that they pulled it back to 2-2 away (big NFL fan, but to be honest I just could never 'get' baseball). Car horns and roaring feckers up and down the street, you'd swear they'd won the World Cup or something!

My job is calling business owners, CFOs, etc about recruitment jobs though... tomorrow's gonna be a good day for me so! Well, for the lads that have actually made it in! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Well done Toronto (and KC). Should be a great CS.

Just watched that inning. What a melt down by Texas. And you've got to love the bat flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Triboro

What time/channel for the Mets game tonight please?

Triboro wrote: »
    What time/channel for the Mets game tonight please?

1st pitch is just after 1am tomorrow morning. One of the BT channels will have it, probably ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jesseps

Good job TO. Lets see if they can do the same against KC.

Does anyone know of any bars showing the game on October 17th?

jesseps wrote: »
    Good job TO. Lets see if they can do the same against KC.

Does anyone know of any bars showing the game on October 17th?

Someone posted a page or two ago that the Woolshed were showing last night's game so I'd imagine as Sarurday's game starts at 3:30pm ET, they'll probably be showing it too. There's a load of other stuff on then too but they've a load of tellys so I'm sure at least one screen will have it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,220 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

1st pitch is just after 1am tomorrow morning. One of the BT channels will have it, probably ESPN.

Sleep is overrated. Can it rival the Toronto/Texas 7th inning? That was insane. 3 gimmes as errors, the bizarre 'hit the bat on the throw back' play? Leading to a run scoring?

Baseball is such a simple game... sometimes.

And that bomb of a home run. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jesseps

Someone posted a page or two ago that the Woolshed were showing last night's game so I'd imagine as Sarurday's game starts at 3:30pm ET, they'll probably be showing it too. There's a load of other stuff on then too but they've a load of tellys so I'm sure at least one screen will have it on.

Sweet thanks for the heads up.

Pretty insane game last night in Toronto, the atmosphere was incredible, so loud. I do though have an issue with the throwing stuff on the pitch, I don't understand why the crowd would do it. Yes be loud and let your feelings be known but throwing stuff on the pitch accomplishes F*** all and in essence lots of young fans in seats below got the **** scared out of them. No reason for it.

With that said Bautista's bomb was a great way to end it. Some player, some hit, some bat flip .. watch your shoulder blades next season though Jose, Dyson will definitely be drilling you with one.

Kansas' Cueto was immense, 2 hits over 8 innings, jawing with Gomez, pitching on pure emotion at times! Great to watch. This is going to be an epic duel between pitching and hitting. I think Kansas have a slight advantage given their bull pen but we'll see.

Tonight, I 've been on the Mets all the way so I'm not going to change now but I do like Greinke and I think the Mets have got to get to him early and have good at bats against him. Push his pitch count up and try and get him out by 6 at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Triboro

Great thanks!

• Advertisement

Jack how you feeling about tonight?

Jack how you feeling about tonight?

You know me, always the pessimist!

But really, I haven't a clue. Anything can happen. If both de Grom and Greinke pitch like they can, it'll come down to something small like a bloop single or not turning a double play etc.

But if one of them is slightly off, nerves or just not having his best stuff or whatever it could be a one sided game and over early. It really is a crap shoot to be honest and God only knows which way it'll go.

If the Mets lose, I just hope it's not on a stupid play or error (Elvis Andrus style) or a blown call etc. But hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be repeatedly looking at a gif of some Cespedes bat flips!

You know me, always the pessimist!

But really, I haven't a clue. Anything can happen. If both de Grom and Greinke pitch like they can, it'll come down to something small like a bloop single or not turning a double play etc.

But if one of them is slightly off, nerves or just not having his best stuff or whatever it could be a one sided game and over early. It really is a crap shoot to be honest and God only knows which way it'll go.

If the Mets lose, I just hope it's not on a stupid play or error (Elvis Andrus style) or a blown call etc. But hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be repeatedly looking at a gif of some Cespedes bat flips!

I've been going back and forth between the two teams all day .. I believe De Grom has ice in his veins though and this might sound silly as good as Greinke has been I think the Mets bats can get to him.

I'm hoping you are celebrating in the morning man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Have to say that I'm not the biggest fan of bat flipping in general and I thought Bautista's was way over the top. I get that it's showboating and that the fans like to see it, but I much prefer the players that show a bit of humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Probably watched Bautista's homer at least 30 times today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Have to say that I'm not the biggest fan of bat flipping in general and I thought Bautista's was way over the top. I get that it's showboating and that the fans like to see it, but I much prefer the players that show a bit of humility.

As a neutral I have to say I thought it was brilliant in the moment. Watching it live I was totally caught up in it. I can only imagine what it was like in the stadium, if Bautista can't let loose then, no one ever can!

It's by far the biggest moment of his career, probably his life. Is there a moment better than that in life? If you can't show emotion that situation then these "unwritten rules" are completely ridiculous. We need more of this emotion in baseball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Pff that BS about respect is just that, BS. The pitcher gets a big out and he's fist pumping the house down. Bautista hit the biggest Jays home run in more than two decades. Him placing the bat down gently and trotting respectfully around the bases is a pipe dream. It will live long in my memory, that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

The roar in the stadium is amazing. Reminded me of this

Of course yesterday's home-run was way more important than this play, but as an Orioles fan, this is my best memory since I started to watch baseball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

The Mets did it! Delighted for them and to see the Dodgers lose.

Great game for De Grom, great relief work from Syndergaard and Familia.

Advertisement