Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The thing was if you watch it again he doesn't slide. He almost charges Tejeda, he actually doesn't hit the ground before the bag he barely hits it before he hits tejeda .. that's not just late its a terribly dangerous play.

And I have to apologise to Jack for earlier saying it was just a hard play. I only got the one look during the game and didn't think it was as bad as it was. Either way he starts tonight. Does Harvey blast him with a 100mph fastball?

No apology needed TRDA, I'm just glad to be talking baseball!

As for Harvey, no I don't think there's any retribution tonight. Too important a game tonight and too much at stake. It'll lead to a bench clearing or whatever and that cause distraction and delays. Look how it affected the Mets on Saturday. They gave up 3 runs in the inning and lost the game. Win the game and put all this crap into the memory bank for next year's regular season and take it out on them then. Well that's what I hope happens anyway.

Utley has good numbers against harvey too (6-18 or something including a homer) so I reckon he will start so interesting night ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

No apology needed TRDA, I'm just glad to be talking baseball!

As for Harvey, no I don't think there's any retribution tonight. Too important a game tonight and too much at stake. It'll lead to a bench clearing or whatever and that cause distraction and delays. Look how it affected the Mets on Saturday. They gave up 3 runs in the inning and lost the game. Win the game and put all this crap into the memory bank for next year's regular season and take it out on them then. Well that's what I hope happens anyway.

Utley has good numbers against harvey too (6-18 or something including a homer) so I reckon he will start so interesting night ahead.

yeah seen that too Utley great numbers against Harvey a homer a triple and a double I believe and 6 for 18, would have seen him a lot more than the dodgers.

I think he gets hit if one teams goes up by a few runs but I think it could lead to some nasty stuff.

Love the playoffs, love baseball!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,220 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This is going to be a great game, I think. Tension on every pitch. Wish I could be there in person. I expect Harvey shuts 'em down and the Mets push around the Dodger's pitcher. Whether there'll be any retribution, can't say. I wouldn't be surprised though, the Mets are seething about it. Be interesting if there's a double-play with Utley in the field.

Fans'll be having a lot of fun with him. I clearly remember 1973 and Bud Harrelson vs. Pete Rose, watching the fight with friends in high school and nearly throwing something at the tv. Fans threw things at Rose in the outfield, bottles, batteries, ... Utley'll be the next one, he'll never be forgotten in NYC and will catch it every time he shows up.

Correa strikes again! That guy is a beast. KC in big trouble now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Wow.. I thought for sure he was safe at 3rd there.. Massive decision for the astros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Correa just hit another home-run.

What a game for him...

And now Rasmus...

Good bye Royals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Two run homer from Donaldson in the top of the first - game on!

Thidp wrote: »
    And now Rasmus...

Good bye Royals.

Not so much anymore - could be headed back to Kansas.

Not so much anymore - could be headed back to Kansas.

Yeah, the Astros managed to throw the lead away in a very quick way :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Two run homer from Donaldson in the top of the first - game on!

And Cola adds another - nice start!

This is just nuts.. Absolutely mental..

There goes another homer. Don't think Holland is going to last much longer.

mod9maple wrote: »
    There goes another homer. Don't think Holland is going to last much longer.

And all the talk was of Dickey being on a short leash...

Bloody hell. I had to nip out for an hour with Houston 6-2 up. Just back and it's 7-6 KC and Toronto are 4 up already. Crazy stuff.

Edit - No Utley in the starting 9 for LA. So it'll have to be a pinch hit beaning,

What a momentum swing for the Royals

What a momentum swing for the Royals

Looks like someone got ahead of themselves after 7 innings

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25337090

And all the talk was of Dickey being on a short leash...

Short enough, wha? Nice to bring in a staff ace to lock it down. :-)

Yeeees! Going back to Toronto. :-)

The home-run derby is finished in Chicago.

Cubs win!

• Advertisement

What a shot by Cespedes! Glad to see the Mets sticking it to the Dodgers tonight.

Does anyone know the Woolshed Baa and Grill on Parnell St? I read there were 50 there tonight watching the Jays game, and the Wednesday game is showing there at 9.

mod9maple wrote: »
    Does anyone know the Woolshed Baa and Grill on Parnell St? I read there were 50 there tonight watching the Jays game, and the Wednesday game is showing there at 9.

I watched some football games there last year, it is a nice place...

Bit sloppy from the Mets in the end but they got the win. Tomorrow's matchup looks interesting - Kershaw against local boy Matz. Let's hope the Mets bats don't go cold.

Cubs set a postseason home run record tonight with 6.

Bit sloppy from the Mets in the end but they got the win. Tomorrow's matchup looks interesting - Kershaw against local boy Matz. Let's hope the Mets bats don't go cold.

Cubs set a postseason home run record tonight with 6.

Delighted waking up to see that the Mets won and stuck with doing the job and didn't throw at anyone. Just watched the highlights and fair play to Utley not flinching when both Tejada got the standing ovation when he came out and when he got booed when his name was called in the pre game ceremony. Harvey wasn't great by the looks of things but luckily the bats bailed him out.

What a day for runs around the league by the looks of things. 21 HRs. And at least Arieta looks human after all. Still got the win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,220 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Wow. Cespedes... what a rocket! Love the "We want Utley" chant when they pinch-hit with Puig.

Bullpen... well, up 2-1. Still, the best retribution for Tejada is to win the series, and today's the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Cubs can wrap up the series this evening. Extraordinary to think that they have never won a postseason series at Wrigley! Cards resorting to Lackey on three days short rest although he pitched very well in Game 1.

If they get through the Divisional, I would prefer the Mets over Dodgers in the Conference. Cubs swept the Mets in seven games this season. They are 3-4 against the Dodgers although there were a couple of squeakers in those games...

Hope the wind is blowing out again today!!

tallpaul wrote: »
    Cubs can wrap up the series this evening. Extraordinary to think that they have never won a postseason series at Wrigley! Cards resorting to Lackey on three days short rest although he pitched very well in Game 1.

If they get through the Divisional, I would prefer the Mets over Dodgers in the Conference. Cubs swept the Mets in seven games this season. They are 3-4 against the Dodgers although there were a couple of squeakers in those games...

Hope the wind is blowing out again today!!

If I was a Cubs or Cardinals fan I'd prefer to face the Dodgers than the Mets. The regular season record shouldn't mean anything. The games were back in May/June when the Mets had John Mayberry and Eric Campbell in the 4 & 5 spots and as a team they weren't hitting.

The Dodgers are having to pitch Kershaw on short rest today and if they win and Greinke wins game 5, they'll be either on short rest or will have to miss games 1 & 2 in the championship round and the rest of their rotation isn't very good. And a few of their hitters are playing hurt too. Whereas the Mets rotation is 4 deep so they should be a much tougher opposition than the Dodgers.

I don't know much about pitching but I'd imagine sending out your best 2 pitchers on short rest on multiple occasions is looking for trouble but at the moment, they're the only 2 guys the Dodgers have.

Blue Jay fans, what was the story with lifting Dickey after 4.2? It would have been nice to see him get the win, although probably nice for Price to lose the 'winless in the playoffs' tag. I presume now Price can't pitch in relief in game 5 if needed or can he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Blue Jay fans, what was the story with lifting Dickey after 4.2? It would have been nice to see him get the win, although probably nice for Price to lose the 'winless in the playoffs' tag. I presume now Price can't pitch in relief in game 5 if needed or can he?

According to the NYT, it was in response to the Astros coming apart in the 8th against KC! Seems bizarre but there you go...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/13/sports/baseball/torontos-dynamic-bats-re-emerge-to-pound-texas-and-force-game-5.html?ref=sports&_r=0

Advertisement