Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just axeppted for a computer korse. #MOTIVAYTED

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

^ how can you be friends with people that spell like that? vermin!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

major bill wrote:
    ^ how can you be friends with people that spell like that? vermin!!

I rarely comment or judge people on spelling because I have no idea if it is laziness, lack of education, dyslexia, or something else. But jeez if you do feel the need to publicly comment, triple check that your own spelling is correct. This girl was utterly oblivious that two spellings in her post were incorrect in a post bitching about spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Am I the only person that thought she spelled whether "weather" on purpose to make a point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

coolhull wrote: »
    When people spell "weather" when they mean "whether" I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Just kidding'!

When they spell 'and all' as 'anal', that always makes me cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

When they spell 'and all' as 'anal', that always makes me cringe.

Yeah, anal makes me grimace. My eyes water, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

cantdecide wrote: »
    Yeah, anal makes me grimace. My eyes water, too.

It's ironic with the anal fixation that so many have lots of kids. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

Girl I went to school with just shared the following image on her page:

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/10527862_882599188454119_3549775033356701430_n.jpg?oh=149e0a01fcc87dd477b2e39c04794356&oe=56CD62CE

and a conversation ensued in the comments, things like "lol nly 2 fingers? sure dat wud only b a tickle 2 u" and "haha ive had kids so id need more than dat..." and lads posting winky faces and stuff.

And I'm just... gobsmacked. 5 or so women all making jokes about their fingering preferences and a bunch of eejit lads w*nking at the thought.

The girl who originally shared the image has loads of her family members on FB! Her parents! Her brother!!

How... Just, just how.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

major bill wrote: »
    ^ how can you be friends with people that spell like that? vermin!! :)
    Ok, some people aren't brilliant at spelling or grammar, or maybe they write like that deliberately. But referring to people as 'vermin' is way out of order :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    The irony is high with this one.

'When people spell angel 'angle' I don't no weather to laugh or cry.'

29 likes and 12 comments all agreeing with original poster. And even including pictures of angles with halos.

It physically hurt not to say anything.

Post that you are 'weary' ( wary) of 'angles' with or without halos :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Is bae a name of someone getting the fingers or slang for something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

pc7 wrote: »

Bae= Girlfriend or boyfriend
    Sort of like 'my love(r)' if you will

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I had to Google it as I've seen it a few times now. Before anyone else or a shortened version of babe. Christ on a bike...babe has 4 letters. Why would you need to shorten it. I swear that young people are growing up nowadays with barely the capability of spelling nothing correctly bar their name!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Am I the only person that thought she spelled whether "weather" on purpose to make a point?

No she didn't, that is how she spells whether. It's a word she never spells correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mfceiling wrote: »
    I had to Google it as I've seen it a few times now. Before anyone else or a shortened version of babe. Christ on a bike...babe has 4 letters. Why would you need to shorten it. I swear that young people are growing up nowadays with barely the capability of spelling nothing correctly bar their name!!

I cordially invite you to have a look in the "Worst Kids Name You've Ever Heard" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shared, VOTE TRUMP

Shared image was a cheque for 5 million from a very official Donald Trump page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Pretty much short for 'babe'.

Blame the yanks for coming up with that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Could be worse, it could be some sugar-free gummy bears.

Seriously, check out the Amazon reviews for Haribo's sugar-free gummy bears and prepare to laugh your arse off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

dead and or death

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I thought those were bananas but I just realized they're fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Originally Posted by gutenberg viewpost.gif
    I know two people who set up Facebook profiles for their pets. The prospect of this genuinely happening is scarily real.

Cousin has one for the jack russell too.

I know an idiot who does the same for his newborn kids, they are less then a day old and you get a friend request from this crinkly eyes closed newborn... f*cking sick..

Dad is a real attention seeker too ..

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I know an idiot who does the same for his newborn kids, they are less then a day old and you get a friend request from this crinkly eyes closed newborn... f*cking sick..

Ah now. Doing it for dogs is one thing. But at least let your kids decide for themselves once they're old enough if they want to be part of the show. Although I suppose many parents, while they don't actually set up a profile for the nippers, nonetheless make their own newsfeeds all about their kids. I'd hate if my parents were spraying photos of me as a baby all over the internet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You make it sound like they have a new kid every week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Government tink der great Putin minimum wage up by 50 cent wud yis ever fuk off dey jus tax ye more so it balances ou itself yis pack e *****

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Government tink der great Putin minimum wage up by 50 cent wud yis ever fuk off dey jus tax ye more so it balances ou itself yis pack e *****

I'm sure they have a job with grammer/spelling like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm sure they have a job with grammer/spelling like that :D

A follow up comment from same person .......if I had money t bring suicide bombers over ad put den at all politicians houses an boom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Putin gets the blame for everything these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B******! 12 years ago my life was blessed with your beautiful presence! I love you endlessly & am so honored & proud to be your mommy! You are truly a special & wonderful person with the warmest heart & kindest spirit! Your character, strength & wits are unmatched & there is nothing you can't accomplish! The world is your oyster my precious baby girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement