Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

If anyone fancies a bit of shopping there's 25% off everything on the IRFU website until midnight to celebrate yesterday's win.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

aimee1 wrote: »

Guess the SOB citing and Sexton's groin mean tomorrow will be when we hear any more

Never knew so much depended on one man's groin..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Henwin wrote: »
    wats with the delay in replacing Payne, surely tey will call up Trimble now, the sooner the better

If Madigan is starting it's a risk not calling up a 3rd scrum half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Henwin wrote: »
    wats with the delay in replacing Payne, surely tey will call up Trimble now, the sooner the better

I have a a feeling they won't call up a back and might leave a spot open till after next sunday. Trimble coming in is only adding a winger to a squad with at most 3 games left and 5 realistic choice wingers already in the squad although one of them will probably be playing centre. With a game v a tough argie team coming up it might be better to have an option to bring in another forward next week if someone picks up a bit of a knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Will be watching this one in Argentina, with my argentine wife, on the sofa at 9am in the morning the day after my 40th birthday.

2 Possible outcomes.

Pissed off, with a hangover and the wife lording it over me all week.
    Over the moon, with a hangover, with the wife staring daggers at me all week, possible father in law issues.

I'll take option 2. All day.

Jamie is rubbing shoulders with high society tonight.

CRJBWYiWIAAHbJ_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Will be watching this one in Argentina, with my argentine wife, on the sofa at 9am in the morning the day after my 40th birthday.

2 Possible outcomes.

Pissed off, with a hangover and the wife lording it over me all week.
    Over the moon, with a hangover, with the wife staring daggers at me all week, possible father in law issues.

I'll take option 2. All day.

3. divorce?

State of him, trying and failing not to laugh at the ridiculous ginger beard.

• Advertisement

3. divorce?

No, but I´m not drinking or eating anything that I don't personally prepare if we beat them.

If we lose, I don the Pumas kit and row in behind them, ....begrudgingly.

3. divorce?

No, but I´m not drinking or eating anything that I don't personally prepare if we beat them.

If we lose, I don the Pumas kit and row in behind them, ....begrudgingly.

Some teams seem to have more than one player at the palace. I wonder if poor old Paulie was supposed to go too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Some teams seem to have more than one player at the palace. I wonder if poor old Paulie was supposed to go too.

There were three other Irish reps there too, one was Eoin Reddan, can't remember who the others were.

Edit: The other two were Mick Kearney and Darren Cave

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/royal-visit-for-irish-rugby-players-at-buckingham-palace-1.2388634

Stheno wrote: »
    There were three other Irish reps there too, one was Eoin Reddan, can't remember who the others were.

Edit: The other two were Mick Kearney and Darren Cave

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/royal-visit-for-irish-rugby-players-at-buckingham-palace-1.2388634

Yep. I didn't spot them until I knew who I was looking for...

CRIb6HfWUAEedME.jpg

:eek:

Yep. I didn't spot them until I knew who I was looking for...

CRIb6HfWUAEedME.jpg

is that haskell in the middle ...... looking thrilled to be there :D

is that haskell in the middle ...... looking thrilled to be there :D

Yep, Robshaw and Lancashire are there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Jamie is rubbing shoulders with high society tonight.

CRJBWYiWIAAHbJ_.jpg

What's Harry Hewitt doing there?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Is there some legal or contractual reason that Paul O'Connell has to retire from international rugby after this World Cup?

Is there some legal or contractual reason that Paul O'Connell has to retire from international rugby after this World Cup?

Don't believe so.

highest viewing figures for TV3 for the match yesterday exceeded 1.4 million

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No.

Though I suspect that getting released for international windows was not put in his Toulon contact and his lack of international call ups would have been something Toulon preferred.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby-world-cup-2015/thornley-and-cummiskey-on-ireland-s-emphatic-win-over-the-french-1.2387781

interesting line from thornley about 2 minutes in about how fear might now get france playing on saturday against NZ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Thanks for clarifying Stheno and Awec

the comments after his injury led me to believe otherwise - that the decision could not be reversed.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thanks for clarifying Stheno and Awec

the comments after his injury led me to believe otherwise - that the decision could not be reversed.

If he really wanted to he could play for Ireland again, but it would come at the cost of annoying his new employer.

He wouldn't be released for all the Ireland training camps though. Sexton had to get this clause specifically added to his Racing contract.

When it came to negotiating his Toulon contract I am sure POC and his agent would have been able to improve his terms by saying he was retiring from international rugby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

This was O'Connell's swan song. Toulan is a final big pay check for his retirement. He put everything into this, that's why you can feel nothing but sorrow for him. O'Driscoll was very lucky to bow out like he did.

I read a while ago that Toulon aren't going to let any of their players go on Summer tours for their countries. The French season has been delayed by the WC so it won't be wrapping up until a few weeks later which coincides with the Summer tours for Wales, maybe others too.

Point being if you're going to Toulon it's much less hassle to be free of any other commitments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I read a while ago that Toulon aren't going to let any of their players go on Summer tours for their countries. The French season has been delayed by the WC so it won't be wrapping up until a few weeks later which coincides with the Summer tours for Wales, maybe others too.

Point being if you're going to Toulon it's much less hassle to be free of any other commitments.

I don't think Toulon would be allowed to do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement