Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think I'll do Martial to Pelle.
    Not gonna try catch any early rises though. Too much can happen over international breaks so I'm waiting til that football is over to see if it's still what I want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Me too - but I'm not as sensible as you. The warm glow of 100+ points and the fact that my transfers so far have paid off immediately means I'm going for it now to beat the price rises.

Hope it works out in any case!!

CSF wrote: »
    Hope it works out in any case!!

Me three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Bellerin or Bertie. And why?

Both attacking monsters but Southampton look to have better fixtures fir clean sheets over the next 4 or 5.

Any more thoughts on this. I've been pretty set on Bertrand but Bellerin's owners seen to have serious man love for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Have 2 free transfers

Ayew to Sanchez
    Gives me -2.4m to make up somewhere.

Possible make ways are:

Payet to a 5.4m or less.
    Martial to a 5.8m or less.

Also have, but want to keep, KdB and Aguero.

podge018 wrote: »
    Have 2 free transfers

Ayew to Sanchez
    Gives me -2.4m to make up somewhere.

Possible make ways are:

Payet to a 5.4m or less.
    Martial to a 5.8m or less.

Also have, but want to keep, KdB and Aguero.

Of payet and Martial I'd keep payet.

Martial to Ighalo? Ighalo rising tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Any more thoughts on this. I've been pretty set on Bertrand but Bellerin's owners seen to have serious man love for him.

Bellerin owner

Haven't seen Bertrand play but Bellerin is so threatening going forward every single game and seems to be a bit of a bap magnet too. It's very close as Bertrand has the better fixtures and is 0.3 cheaper AND gets forward. I'd say Bertrand edges it because of that imo

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Bellerin owner

Haven't seen Bertrand play but Bellerin is so threatening going forward every single game and seems to be a bit of a bap magnet too. It's very close as Bertrand has the better fixtures and is 0.3 cheaper AND gets forward. I'd say Bertrand edges it because of that imo

That's my feeling and will probably go for that. As Lemlin said Bertrand could have had a goal yesterday andnwe wouldn't be having this debate!

Yaya to Mané done. Gomez to Bertrand -4 likely. Hazard to KdB -8 to think on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

That's my feeling and will probably go for that. As Lemlin said Bertrand could have had a goal yesterday andnwe wouldn't be having this debate!

Yaya to Mané done. Gomez to Bertrand -4 likely. Hazard to KdB -8 to think on.

I've taken a -12 for KDB:confused: Guessing you don't have Payet then or else you do and it's Alexis you don't have? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

shineon23 wrote: »
    Am I mad to consider getting in Alexis (for Pedro) but holding Walcott?
    Don't like doubling up normally but both are playing fairly advanced.

Could do with getting rid of Darmian as well and not against taking a -8 hit.

Could do:
    Pedro-> Sanchez
    Darmian-> AN Other

Walcott->Mane/Payet/Mata depending on who I'd get in for Darmian

I have both Walcott and sanchez and delighted to have both of them. City and arsenal will be the top 2 teams for goals scored this season IMO. Walcott will miss some games but you are getting a forward for 8.5 classed as a mid playing for a team that loves to attack so i feel its worth the risk. Walcott is playing great stuff at the minute but people are reluctant because of what happened at the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think there's a case to made for having both Bertrand and Bellerin once Clichy returns and Kolarov becomes a rotation risk again. City have Norwich at home in GW11 which would be a perfect game to play Clichy in, while Southampton have Bournemouth at home. Will be planning on doing Kolarov to Bertrand that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Want mane and/or pelle, but can't justify getting rid of any of my front 7. Will probably wait for news on Jonny Evans and either bank or transfer him out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

May actually do martial to pelle. Will probably wait till after the internationals, but it's very tempting to beat the price changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

completely forgot about Bertie
    great value !

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I've taken a -12 for KDB:confused: Guessing you don't have Payet then or else you do and it's Alexis you don't have? :P

I'm tempted to monitor things at Chelsea a bit. Hazard has returned in his last 3 also despite their awful form. Only 12 points less than kdb in those 3, which is plenty but perhaps less than you might think seeing Debruyne is 'essential' and hazard a no hoper. Selling Haz is the only way to get DeBruyne and selling haz before Villa at home is somewhat illogical. Has to be a chance he is not too many points behind kdb especially after the -4.

Price changes may push me over the edge in the end. Could be a 0.3 or even 0.4 swing between the 2 of them before next gw.

Re payet. I haveSahko and it's his turn to score next week! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

km79 wrote: »
    completely forgot about Bertie
    great value !
    Me too. I've already done Gomez>Bellerin, I'm a slave to price rises.

All going well, Darmian>Berty after GW9.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Are you guys not worried about potential injuries with the international break?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Gonna wait til internationals are over. After that, probably Ayew > Payet and Kolarov > ??? for a -4. Can afford it after this weeks 116 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

siblers wrote: »
    Are you guys not worried about potential injuries with the international break?

Petrified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dónal wrote: »
    Thinking of going with this -8:

Yaya, Darmian and Martial out for:
    KDB, Bertrand and Pelle

Any thoughts? Will need to make the leap of faith tonight. Will leave me with:

Myhill McCarthy
    Bertrand Kolarov Bellerin Ward Richards
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez Westwood
    Aguero Pelle Vardy

Main issues would be risks over everyone for the break, plus Mahrez game time and news on Sanchez. Thoughts?

You nailed it. Great moves on paper. But risky ahead of a 2-weeks international break...

Why the rush though? £0m in the bank?
    Only Pellè's moving tonight (Yaya's close but I think he should hold on).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

Just did Rooney to Costa there

Still have another transfer left

iroced wrote: »
    You nailed it. Great moves on paper. But risky ahead of a 2-weeks international break...

Why the rush though? £0m in the bank?
    Only Pellè's moving tonight (Yaya's close but I think he should hold on).

Yeah, monies are the problem. Went for it. In a decent position (90k) now so am happy to take a risk to push onwards.

Will keep an eye on Mahrez - if he is left out of the next game, may swap for Barkley or Cabaye. Will have to drop Kolarov to do that, but with Clichy back it should make sense. I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

What to do with sterling. I have him but secretly hope he gets injuries in international break because I'm afraid to get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Think there's a case to made for having both Bertrand and Bellerin once Clichy returns and Kolarov becomes a rotation risk again. City have Norwich at home in GW11 which would be a perfect game to play Clichy in, while Southampton have Bournemouth at home. Will be planning on doing Kolarov to Bertrand that week.

I think it's madness about Sagna & Kolarov becoming rotation risks.

Both have been exceptional this season and I felt very unfair that Zab replaced Sagna after not putting a foot wrong all season. Tempted to get Kolarov in for the next couple of weeks but finding out he wouldn't be playing 1 week would destroy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The rugby was boring me yesterday so I turned first to the bottle and then to my phone and it now seems I've taken a -12 for the week.

In looking for a silver lining, the good news is that I now have the team that I want and have it earlier than I thought I would. Obviously the bad news is the points hit and the fact that I'll be petrified over the international break!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

hogey143 wrote: »
    I think it's madness about Sagna & Kolarov becoming rotation risks.

Both have been exceptional this season and I felt very unfair that Zab replaced Sagna after not putting a foot wrong all season. Tempted to get Kolarov in for the next couple of weeks but finding out he wouldn't be playing 1 week would destroy me!

Kolarov used to be the ultimate maverick pick. A highly rotated player that could give unbelievable returns. People would still pick and just have good autosubs in the hope he wouldn't make a cameo when on the bench.

What to do with sterling. I have him but secretly hope he gets injuries in international break because I'm afraid to get rid of him.

Likely to be dropped for Navas I think. 1 goal in the half Sterling was on. Subbed off, 5 goals in the 2nd half. That may seem an overly simplified summary of the situation but I still think that's how it'll play out. De Bruyne, Sterling and Silva probably does lack the balance that Navas would bring instead in terms of work rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

pedro to mane or payet but not sure which.Lost 0.2 on Pedro already or should i use the transfer to get rid sagna as he probably wont be starting anymore and could ship him out for 5.2

would leave me with the below team

myhill, mcarthay

naughton,richards,dier,sagna,oxford,

mahrez,snachez,kdb ,mane/payet,westwood

aguero,vardy,martial

any suggestions ?

Advertisement