Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 RWC coverage

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

SarahBM wrote: »
    I don't think I can take much more of Stuart Barnes. Painful.

Barnes is one of the shining lights in their coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ya. Found the channels after a scan, stored them but only getting a blue screen!
    Are you definately using? -

H
    DVB-S2
    8PSK
    2/3

I added them earlier without any problems... you might have to delete all ITV4 HD's from other channels and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Barnes is one of the shining lights in their coverage.

Not a Barnes fan in general, but he's holding the show together.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I used to dislike Stuart Barnes. After listening to himself and McNamara together, I couldn't wait to hear more of Barnes.

For those without a HD subscription on sky and want to watch ITV4 SD - Same adding procedure;

V
    DVB-S
    QPSK
    5/6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Commentators for the French game are desperate.

Joubert pinged a french player for kicking the ball out of the SH's hand at the back of the scrum and being offside.

Commentators: "Not sure what is happening here", when Joubert clearly called it.

And one of them called Sergio Parisse Luca Parisse earlier too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

did rte not stump up the cash or was this political?

its amateur hour on tv3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You'd think RTE would have had this, ya know seeing as they get free money off everyone in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

AFAIK RTE didn't stump up. Open to correction.

The RTÉ Sport department has been decimated in terms of budget - TV3 had spare cash after losing Emmerdale and Coronation Street to UTVI ... they just couldn't compete with TV3 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

its amateur hour on tv3.

What are you on about? France Italy match is on right now and it's basically an ITV stream on TV3. Nothing to do with TV3 whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

this thread will be 60 pages. they are ****house

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What are you on about? France Italy match is on right now and it's basically an ITV stream on TV3. Nothing to do with TV3 whatsoever.

The commentators on TV3 are trash.

Except not at all like ITV - ITV have completely different commentators to TV3 at the minute. TV3 using the IRB World English Commentary feed I think.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

irishfeen wrote: »
    The RTÉ Sport department has been decimated in terms of budget - TV3 had spare cash after losing Emmerdale and Coronation Street to UTVI ... they just couldn't compete with TV3 I think.

I'm not sure RTÉ ever really had any competition for their sports rights so they probably never had to actually bid that much for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Except not at all like ITV - ITV have completely different commentators to TV3 at the minute. TV3 using the IRB World English Commentary feed I think.

You mean to say that Miles Harrison is working exclusively for TV3 for the World Cup . . .?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see you mention the world commentary feed.

I'm not sure RTÉ ever really had any competition for their sports rights so they probably never had to actually bid that much for anything.
    For the RWC they definitely have - Setanta Sports won full rights for the last few... TV3 (2007) and RTÉ (2011) came to an agreement with Setanta to broadcast about 15 games.... the Irish games and the latter stages.

For the RWC they definitely have - Setanta Sports won full rights for the last few... TV3 (2007) and RTÉ (2011) came to an agreement with Setanta to broadcast about 15 games.... the Irish games and the latter stages.

Setanta had the Rugby World Cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I'm curious if TV3 hopes to build viewership from the RWC exposure or just capitalise on advertising? I'd watch TV3 from time to time and you'd be used to the ads but today was far worse. It's a sure fire way to lose viewers, whatever about advertisers. Maybe they'll wise up and tone it down.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

TV3s coverage is trash. Their sport coverage is just so poor.

• Advertisement

Setanta had the Rugby World Cup?
    Yes full rights in 2007 and 2011 -

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/setanta-to-show-2007-and-2011-rugby-world-cups-299200.html

"Setanta to show 2007 and 2011 Rugby World Cups" .......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Who is the english co-commentator for this match? Former player type?

Yes full rights in 2007 and 2011 -

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/setanta-to-show-2007-and-2011-rugby-world-cups-299200.html

"Setanta to show 2007 and 2011 Rugby World Cups" .......

Wow. I was in Scotland during the 2007 one so I must have been watching ITV. Don't remember the 2011 one except it was all on very early. Probably had ITV then too though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

TV3 is **** all year round. It's ITV Ireland, full of ****ty English programs and stinking celebrity crap. I barely ever watch it. It's no real surprise that their coverage of the World Cup is crap. I suppose it's hard to make it good when you have so many ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

BarryD wrote: »
    I'm curious if TV3 hopes to build viewership from the RWC exposure or just capitalise on advertising? I'd watch TV3 from time to time and you'd be used to the ads but today was far worse. It's a sure fire way to lose viewers, whatever about advertisers. Maybe they'll wise up and tone it down.

ITV coverage is just fine, I can live with the ads when they appear on that channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

The way they cut straight to an ad break within seconds of the final whistle is very irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

You'd think RTE would have had this, ya know seeing as they get free money off everyone in the country.

I don't think I'll ever complain about paying the tv license again after this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

Hahahahha moving over to 3e because of x-factor. Hhahahahah

Todd Gack wrote: »
    The way they cut straight to an ad break within seconds of the final whistle is very irritating
    They have obviously sold that advertisement space at a premium - I agree very annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I feel like smashing Matt Coopers face and ripping his sarcastic little voice out at this stage.

Who thought
    "hey we need a rugby pundit"
    "oh wow lets get Matt Cooper"

Nobody ever that's who.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement