Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Charges / Tax / Demonstrations / Irish Water / Meter Installations etc etc

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Is there a phone number you can call if you don't get the form?
    I had a look at the website- there wasn't even an e-mail address as far as I could see.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone applied for the water grant yet and how long they are taking to process?

First Payments aren't due to be made until mid Sept - I don't think anyone will have had a payment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,981 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone applied for the water grant yet and how long they are taking to process?
    I haven't even got a letter about it yet - and apparently that's a necessary ingredient for the application for the grant.....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Received our letter at the start of last week. Registered the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,116 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ogham wrote: »
    First Payments aren't due to be made until mid Sept - I don't think anyone will have had a payment yet.

It is actually mid September, pretty much precisely today. I wouldn't be surprised if its held til after the closing date as it could, em, 'assist' with convincing people the budget is fantastic for them it it lands very close to it (13th October)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

The only thing I needed from the letter was the TIN number. Everything else you have yourself: your water a/c number/ your meter number, you need your PPS and the bank a/c you want the funds to be lodged into. On the website there is a button to request a TIN but I don't know if they post it out or if there is the option to get it emailed or texted to you.

Mine (and some colleagues) was paid this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

L1011 wrote: »
    Mine (and some colleagues) was paid this morning.

Mine and my parents were paid this morning too.

Just talking to them on the phone- apparently they are sending out the letters in batches of 10,000 and will not have all the letters sent out until Monday the 28th September. The final date for claiming the 'grant' (bribe.....) is the 8th of October- 10 days hence. So- if you haven't got your letter yet- hang on in there.

Got my letter yesterday and applied online today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Got my letter sometimes near the end of last month and applied after a couple of days. Paid this morning - 150,000 apparently have been paid today.

I would say they're probably doing them in monthly batches - get yours in before the second Friday of the month and it'll be paid on the following Wednesday (14th next month).

seamus wrote: »
    Got my letter sometimes near the end of last month and applied after a couple of days. Paid this morning - 150,000 apparently have been paid today.

I would say they're probably doing them in monthly batches - get yours in before the second Friday of the month and it'll be paid on the following Wednesday (14th next month).

Its being paid weekly (apparently) with the last payments to be made by Wednesday the 4th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Got mine paid into my bank today, applied about 2 weeks ago when I got the letter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Really confused..I thought nobody was paying the water charges but the number of people taking the grant was a shocker..

what gives? are people taking it and still not paying?

david75 wrote: »
    Really confused..I thought nobody was paying the water charges but the number of people taking the grant was a shocker..

51% of people have paid, according to the most recent figures. Certain political elements like to convince people that that's "nobody".

Additionally, you only need to have registered to get the grant. Some people have registered and not paid, and many people are entitled to register and not pay (those with both a well and a septic tank - those with one of these and a single occupant house will still make money off the grant if paying, €100 grant, €80 outlay)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

I've paid both bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Payment of the grant was contingent on registration rather than payment.

The vast majority of non-payers are not doing it on principle. If they were, those same principles would tell them to not apply for the grant. The non-payers are doing it to see if they can get away with it, so of course they'll claim their grant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

seamus wrote: »
    Payment of the grant was contingent on registration rather than payment.

The vast majority of non-payers are not doing it on principle. If they were, those same principles would tell them to not apply for the grant. The non-payers are doing it to see if they can get away with it, so of course they'll claim their grant too.

Recently applied for the grant. You have to provide PPS and bank account IBAN and BIC to process application. I wouldn't have thought anyone unwilling to pay would provide this kind of information.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Mod please move if this is in wrong forum!
    I am sharing a house with 3 other professionals. The lease is through a Letting Agent so we don't have any dealings with the landlord. One of the tenants registered his details with Irish Water & we share the bill. He applied for the 100e Grant & its in his account now. Can we share that 100e or do we have to give it to the Letting Agent for the Landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Krazzzzy Kay

I posted a thread recently, that went a bit wild, about my landlord paying the water bills.

I went and spoke to my Landlord and I agreed to register with Irish water and to pay the outstanding and all future bills.

I neglected to mention in my previous thread that I had only moved into the house at the end of January and had never actually received any registration forms from Irish water.

Now this is where the fun starts, I was unable to register online at irishwater.ie for three weeks, this was only rectified today after I posted to Irish water on boards yesterday

Now my landlord had registered the house with Irish water before the 30th of June, she gave me the letter she received with the TIN number needed to apply for the grant.

So now the watergrant.ie site wont except the details I punch in, no shock after the ordeal I just had over at water.ie, I assume this is due to the change of account number with Irish water (I was never told, but assume that was the issue on the water.ie site)

So I ring up water grant office and explain the issue to the girl on the end of the phone, she repeats herself a few times before I ask to speak to a supervisor.

I young man get's on the phone and informs me that he is the manager at the department, great, I explain my problem from start to finish, he understands, he says it is an unfortunate situation and he can't promise anything but if I can hang on a minute he will try to see if there is anything he can do.

5 minutes later he returns, it's bad news he says, there is nothing he can do, if he was to make an exception for me he would have to make an exception for everybody who rang with an issue.

WTF, Am I wrong in thinking this is a complete joke, the house was registered in time for the grant, the bills have all been paid in full and on time, I have registered with Irish water.

I really have no words...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭wench

I don't see the cause for surprise, you didn't comply with the requirement to register, and your landlord would only be entitled to it for her own home.

Who is entitled to the grant?

Anyone who registered his/her principal private residence with Irish Water on or before 30 June 2015 and was living in that principal private residence on 30 June 2015 is eligible to apply for the grant.

wench wrote: »
    I don't see the cause for surprise, you didn't comply with the requirement to register, and your landlord would only be entitled to it for his own home.

I didn't receive any registration documentation, is the onus on me to go and get it?

Trying to pay my bill on water.ie now and it wont accept my credit card, the whole system is a complete joke.

technically, the grant is for changes to the house that will be there long after you are gone that will help conserve water. unless you were actually going to make changes then i don't see an issue. you could, maybe make changes with the agreement of the landlord and send her on the receipts.

That's just not true, I'm a student and under the old system I would have been eligible for some sort of reduction in my bill's, the grant was put in place to cover this and as you stated for leaks and other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

That's just not true, I'm a student and under the old system I would have been eligible for some sort of reduction in my bill's, the grant was put in place to cover this and as you stated for leaks and other issues.

my mistake, i deleted the post when i saw that it's for who is in the house at that date.

you can pay the bill at mybills.ie

my mistake, i deleted the post when i saw that it's for who is in the house at that date.

you can pay the bill at mybills.ie

mybills.ie? I probably could use this site ( I haven't before is it good?), but seriously I should be able to use the system on water.ie.

I can't be the only person that has had these issues, am I really that unlucky :(

You can do it direct from your own online banking, account details are here

https://www.water.ie/billing-and-charges/billing/paying-a-bill/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

mybills.ie? I probably could use this site ( I haven't before is it good?), but seriously I should be able to use the system on water.ie.

I can't be the only person that has had these issues, am I really that unlucky :(

i've only ever done it through mybill.ie.
    it's run by an post so it's not dodgy.

wench wrote: »
    You can do it direct from your own online banking, account details are here

https://www.water.ie/billing-and-charges/billing/paying-a-bill/

Thanks for pointing this out, but I'm not worried about paying my bill, I could ring them up and pay over the phone if I wanted, I'm drawing attention to the fact the the whole system is a complete farces and doesn't work!

I mean it's a complete and utter joke!!!

Have either of you tried to pay your bill using their online system, or had to have any dealings with them over the phone?

• Advertisement

I haven't tried to use their own site, I try to avoid giving out my details when I don't have to.

Advertisement