Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

See now that Wilson went up last night so prob no point in doing Diouf to him.
    .......so should I just let the free transfer go or can people see a wise way of using it?

Why does his price rise make any difference unless you need that 0.1 elsewhere? There is a lot of good cheap players at the moment so I dont see how money could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Silva to De Breune done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

manual_man wrote: »
    Silva to De Breune done

Is silva injured?

Is silva injured?

set to miss this weekend. they hope to have him back for Juve midweek tho so nothing serious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Think I'll keep Silva if he's only out for this GW.

Will probably do Courtois to Begovic and use my other FT somewhere else.

Is doubling up on Swansea attack (Ayew and Gomis) madness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Have ward courtois and now silva out. The season just gets worse

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is doubling up on Swansea attack (Ayew and Gomis) madness?

I think I'm going to do it for a few weeks anyway. Already have Gomis but I think Ayew is the better long term Swansea option.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

No Silva eh?

I'm thinking I still bank and give Fletch his first and potentially only outing of the season.

Or

Go Silva -> Sanchez for the week that's in it and give consideration to the ol WC next week.

Or

A classic Mr. P punt that even he doesn't know what it is yet :)

I'm decidedly undecided after the break. Tempted to bank though and ease myself back into things :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I think I'm going to do it for a few weeks anyway. Already have Gomis but I think Ayew is the better long term Swansea option.

I was thinking Chadli to Ayew but I like Chadli as a differential. Might hold it this week and see what happens.

I've used 1 FT getting rid of Courtois so might bank the other one. Don't think it's worth getting rid of Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I was thinking Chadli to Ayew but I like Chadli as a differential. Might hold it this week and see what happens.

I've used 1 FT getting rid of Courtois so might bank the other one. Don't think it's worth getting rid of Silva.

Ya if I had Chadli, I'd definitely keep him. Spurs' fixtures are decent. I have Depay and don't know whether to give him another week or get Ayew in. I can afford Pedro too but that would leave me very little money in the bank. Maybe the sensible option would be to hold alright and see how the weekend pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Have ward courtois and now silva out. The season just gets worse

I'm in the same boat. At least Courtois's the only one that seems in any way serious.

Have 2 FTs this week, so I'll probably go Courtois -> De Gea, and play Surman instead of Silva this week. I may also go Payet - >Ayew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Begovic, De Gea or Cech?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Begovic, De Gea or Cech?

Bego is superb value i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Silva being out is almost as good as a goal for those without him, nearly 20% ownership. I'm stuck with Sterling because I genuinely believe he's capable of outscoring Silva if he gets his shooting boots sorted, however if I did have Silva I would probably 100% take a chance on De Bruyne, I really think he will hit the ground running.

My own transfer is more problematic, has there been any comment on Mane today??? I fancy Defoe to do well against Spurs so I'll hold him, Benteke could be for the heave ho or I may do something with my defence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

My own transfer is more problematic, has there been any comment on Mane today??? I fancy Defoe to do well against Spurs so I'll hold him, Benteke could be for the heave ho or I may do something with my defence

Press conference was yesterday. Mane was late arriving and only trained today. No clue what Koeman's track record of benching him after international duty last season was like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Guys I have Payet and Sakho of West Ham. I’m looking to ship one of them out.

Will I sell Payet for Ayew or Sakho for Gomis?

GiftofGab wrote: »

I would do Payet to Ayew if you must. Otherwise just save the transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has got to be Ayew. I love that man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Tough call.
    There's a chance Andy Carroll gets a run from the bench this week.
    There are more options to choose in midfield than the striker position imo.
    I don't have any of the Swansea guys and must admit I like the look of Ayew.
    However of the two options I'd go for Gomis.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Press conference was yesterday. Mane was late arriving and only trained today. No clue what Koeman's track record of benching him after international duty last season was like

spotted that yesterday alright, was hoping for a more positive comment today.

Did Mane play once or twice for Senegal over the break??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

CSF wrote: »

Good luck with that, suppose it's Yaya for Silva for everyone who has him.

spotted that yesterday alright, was hoping for a more positive comment today.

Did Mane play once or twice for Senegal over the break??

twice. scored in the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »

I love Ayew too.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »

Awh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

Ayew guys :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Silva injured is a bit of news I could have done without. Would like to bank but that means starting Westwood (LEIC A) or Muniesa (ARSE A). Have Ward also.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Silva injured is a bit of news I could have done without. Would like to bank but that means starting Westwood (LEIC A) or Muniesa (ARSE A). Have Ward also.

I would play Westwood unless you were looking for an excuse to get Silva out anyway. It sounds more like Pellegrini protecting him ahead of a big Champions League match; Silva played full 90 min for Spain and didn't come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Is it madness to risk De Bruyne??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Colking wrote: »
    In your 3-5-2 yes, he's a logical choice if you do not want to downgrade sanchez or silva.

If you're open to looking at them, then you could do Silva > Pedro and Depay > Yaya

With Silva's injury this is now looking like a distinct possibility. I might just do Silva to Pedro tonight and save the 2nd transfer for next week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

veXual wrote: »
    Is it madness to risk De Bruyne??

Nope not at all :) Fit, registered, no Silva. It's pretty logical IMO. Saying that, I won't be and will bank the transfer.

Advertisement