Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Lukaku out Wilson in. And maybe take a -4 to get Memphis out for someone, will have 12m or so in the bank so can have my pick, just no idea who to go for!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Hazard to Pedro? Every game week I'm afraid he will start scoring but not convinced after the international break...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

CSF wrote: »
    I've a bit of a (welcome) dilemma this week. My front 8 are Depay, Ayew, Mahrez, Sanchez, Payet, Wilson, Sakho, Aguero. I'm probably going to leave Depay be and not transfer him out because I want to sort out my goalkeeping situation (don't trust Romero to play at all so unless Van Gaal says hes playing I think I'll do it).

Someone has to be benched from those 8. Recent form says Depay. Odds say Ayew, Wilson or Payet. Payet possibly the standout choice but I don't really want to be benching him either!!!

Depay on the bench would be my call. Liverpool at home, and while their defence hasn't been rock solid it's more stable than what Payet will be facing against Newcastle. Form wise, Payet is 2 x Depay at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It would be between Depay, Payet, and Sakho for me. I'd bench Payet due to his low touches in the box and you'd be pretty invested in West Ham attack against a not too bad Newcastle defence

It's Depay and Payet in my mind I think. If Romero is to play I'll probably use my free transfer to take out Depay so then it would be automatic that I would bench Payet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No I think there'll be better times. I've to bench one of them IMO. It's just the decision as to who. What are your thoughts?

Payet or Sakho. Are you planning on sticking with a strong front 8 for long as if not it's a bit of hassle getting set for this chip and then rebalancing your team after it.

• Advertisement

Payet or Sakho. Are you planning on sticking with a strong front 8 for long as if not it's a bit of hassle getting set for this chip and then rebalancing your team after it.

I think so, get the impression you think I should use it?

I think so, get the impression you think I should use it?

Well it depends on what your defence is. I currently have to play jos this week so am debating a -4 for mahrez and playing the 253 and going with a strong front 8 for a bit. It's not a chip that would worry me if someone still had it in play. Chances are there will be 3 dgws so the other 2 chips will be far more valuable for them. You could be looking at the all out attack chip for the least attractive dgw but it's total luck of the draw if a cheap mid will outperform a defender. I wouldn't be holding it till gw38 as who knows what teams will be put out that day. Leagues could be won teams could be preparing for cl finals etc. The only reasonable argument I've seen for holding it is fhfc that in the second half of the season with higher team value you could maybe afford a strong front 8. However with a lot of the big hitters not neccessary at the moment maybe now is the best time for a strong front 8. This chip Imo will all come down to luck.

Well it depends on what your defence is. I currently have to play jos this week so am debating a -4 for mahrez and playing the 253 and going with a strong front 8 for a bit. It's not a chip that would worry me if someone still had it in play. Chances are there will be 3 dgws so the other 2 chips will be far more valuable for them. You could be looking at the all out attack chip for the least attractive dgw but it's total luck of the draw if a cheap mid will outperform a defender. I wouldn't be holding it till gw38 as who knows what teams will be put out that day. Leagues could be won teams could be preparing for cl finals etc. The only reasonable argument I've seen for holding it is fhfc that in the second half of the season with higher team value you could maybe afford a strong front 8. However with a lot of the big hitters not neccessary at the moment maybe now is the best time for a strong front 8. This chip Imo will all come down to luck.

Yeah it's food for thought. I don't know if this front 8 is as strong as it's going to get for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

You guys reckon it's worth shipping Sakho this week? If so for who? Wilson Gomis?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You guys reckon it's worth shipping Sakho this week? If so for who? Wilson Gomis?

Nah he has a good fixture. Wouldn't have him in your plans long term (I don't) but there have to be more pressing concerns in your team more worthy of a transfer (or next week there may be 2)

• Advertisement

Nah he has a good fixture. Wouldn't have him in your plans long term (I don't) but there have to be more pressing concerns in your team more worthy of a transfer (or next week there may be 2)

Yeah I've no huge concerns really even though my rank is crap. Could ship Kane either but he has a great fixture and likewise Hazard. Neither performing. I was also thinking D Fletcher to Sinclair and going AOA

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah I've no huge concerns really even though my rank is crap. Could ship Kane either but he has a great fixture and likewise Hazard. Neither performing. I was also thinking D Fletcher to Sinclair and going AOA

If there's nothing you're that pushed about, I would always suggest banking. There will come a time when you will want to make 2 transfers but will worry about the hit.

Think about it like when drunk CSF buys subway and diet coke to leave in the fridge for hungover CSF who needs it so much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I've a bit of a (welcome) dilemma this week. My front 8 are Depay, Ayew, Mahrez, Sanchez, Payet, Wilson, Sakho, Aguero. I'm probably going to leave Depay be and not transfer him out because I want to sort out my goalkeeping situation (don't trust Romero to play at all so unless Van Gaal says hes playing I think I'll do it).

Someone has to be benched from those 8. Recent form says Depay. Odds say Ayew, Wilson or Payet. Payet possibly the standout choice but I don't really want to be benching him either!!!

Think you have to drop one of your WH players before Memphis.
    Fixture-wise (looking at next 4 GWs) your front 8 have probably got the best chance this week for the use of the all out attack chip-5 of them are at home.

First time I'm still happy with my team...

Thoughts on a transfer this week? 90% of thinks I should bank it, 10% of me says I should to Benteke -> Wilson. I still have .8 in the bank.

Myhill - McCarthy
    Darmian - Kompany - Schlupp - Gomez - Richards
    Mahrez - Touré - Payet - Redmond - Sanchez
    Benteke - Kone - Aguero

Thoughts please?

First time I'm still happy with my team...

Thoughts on a transfer this week? 90% of thinks I should bank it, 10% of me says I should to Benteke -> Wilson. I still have .8 in the bank.

Myhill - McCarthy
    Darmian - Kompany - Schlupp - Gomez - Richards
    Mahrez - Touré - Payet - Redmond - Sanchez
    Benteke - Kone - Aguero

Thoughts please?

Save your transfer for any news on your GKs holding their starting positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Romero | McCarthy

Kolarov | Bellerìn | Gomez | Oxford | Targett

Sánchez | YaYa | Depay | Mahrez | Westwood

Aguero | Benteke | Gomis

2FT and thinking about:

Benteke »»» Costa
    Depay »»» Sako (palace)

This move would leave me 0.7 to sort out defense!

Any thoughts?

bezuaua wrote: »
    Romero | McCarthy

Kolarov | Bellerìn | Gomez | Oxford | Targett

Sánchez | YaYa | Depay | Mahrez | Westwood

Aguero | Benteke | Gomis

2FT and thinking about:

Benteke »»» Costa
    Depay »»» Sako (palace)

This move would leave me 0.7 to sort out defense!

Any thoughts?

Hold.
    Wont De Gea start?
    I have concerns about both your Gks.

McCarthy is being heavily linked with an England callup so probably isn't losing that place anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

McCarthy is being heavily linked with an England callup so probably isn't losing that place anytime soon.

Speroni took part in an U21 game two days ago:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/07/photos-julian-speroni-in-acton-for-crystal-palace-under-21s-foll/

I have McCarthy but it doesn't trouble me too much if he loses his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any of the for wise men have any fear of Aguero not starting v Palace?

He was still playing at 5am while I was having breakfast, long flight back and Bony is for again from my Twitter wanderings earlier.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Speroni took part in an U21 game two days ago:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/07/photos-julian-speroni-in-acton-for-crystal-palace-under-21s-foll/

I have McCarthy but it doesn't trouble me too much if he loses his place.

No I know Speroni is back but everything I've read suggests he's unlikely to get his place back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No I know Speroni is back but everything I've read suggests he's unlikely to get his place back.
    Speroni would probably have 10 or 15 caps if he was English, every English keeper playing in the top league seems to get a run.
    Jokes aside I think Speroni will be back but it would be tough on McCarthy to rush it.

dahat wrote: »
    Any of the for wise men have any fear of Aguero not starting v Palace?

He was still playing at 5am while I was having breakfast, long flight back and Bony is for again from my Twitter wanderings earlier.

Not really I think this was more of an issue a few years back when internationals took place on a sat or wed. Meaning s american teams were playing thurs morning our time before a long flight back. Aguero will be back training thursday or worst case friday if they give him a day to rest. I remeber suarez played for uruguay on a thurs morning flew back and had an unbelievable game against everton in the early morning game on a sat.

Speroni would probably have 10 or 15 caps if he was English, every English keeper playing in the top league seems to get a run.
    Jokes aside I think Speroni will be back but it would be tough on McCarthy to rush it.

The point is more so that the clamour for McCarthy implies he is doing well. Do not see him being displaced unless his form drops.

Not really I think this was more of an issue a few years back when internationals took place on a sat or wed. Meaning s american teams were playing thurs morning our time before a long flight back. Aguero will be back training thursday or worst case friday if they give him a day to rest. I remeber suarez played for uruguay on a thurs morning flew back and had an unbelievable game against everton in the early morning game on a sat.
    And I was so upset I hadn't captained him until Aguero absolutely tore it up the following day vs Spurs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Is it worth risking Costa for Wilson?

Always worried when I take the big players out.

EoinAFC wrote: »
    Is it worth risking Costa for Wilson?

Always worried when I take the big players out.

Well, what do you plan on doing with the approx 5 million you will save?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

seems sagna is a doubt for the weekend.. anyone know more on this?

seems sagna is a doubt for the weekend.. anyone know more on this?

Wait til friday press conference I guess :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Benteke > Rondon.

Advertisement