Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Benteke > Rondon.

Is that a statement or a question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Sorry, haha. That's the transfer I've done this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Can't decide between Pedro and Ayew. Would like Pedro long term plus I already have Gomis so he would seem like the best choice. His next two fixtures are putting me off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭boccy23

Balls. Courtois is out. Had hoped to bank my transfer.

Will McCarthy start (I know its City) or will Speroni come back?

Sorry, haha. That's the transfer I've done this weekend.

Could work out well, WBA have some nice fixtures coming up, Liverpool do have Norwich and Aston Villa coming up though after Utd. These things are always a roll of the dice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Looks like Courtois out will be my transfer (hopefully there's more info on the injury tomorrow).

I have McCarthy, and had always thought that I could switch Courtois to Speroni, so might pull the trigger on that move this week.

Palace have a tough game this week, but their 5 after that are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

boccy23 wrote: »
    Balls. Courtois is out. Had hoped to bank my transfer.

Will McCarthy start (I know its City) or will Speroni come back?

Would you rather McCarthy is in or out?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looks like Courtois out will be my transfer (hopefully there's more info on the injury tomorrow).

I have McCarthy, and had always thought that I could switch Courtois to Speroni, so might pull the trigger on that move this week.

Palace have a tough game this week, but their 5 after that are ok.

I maintain that McCarthy will keep his spot. With this in mind you should use the 4.5 elsewhere, go for someone who will both provide an alternative for if McCarthy does in fact lose his spot and provide a rotation option for his less pleasant fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

CSF wrote: »
    I maintain that McCarthy will keep his spot. With this in mind you should use the 4.5 elsewhere, go for someone who will both provide an alternative for if McCarthy does in fact lose his spot and provide a rotation option for his less pleasant fixtures.

Can you explain why for those that haven't got to much of him?

Speroni has always impressed me, and generally instilled confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

OwlsZat wrote: »

They've won 3 out of 4 and McCarthy has played well. Pardew isn't there that long so I don't think Speroni will have played too may games under him. I'd agree with CSF, he'll probably keep his place til he messes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

OwlsZat wrote: »

McCarthy has been fantastic since coming in. Palace have been fantastic. His form has had people clamouring for him to be called up for England.

Hi I'm finalising my WC and am happy with my Mid and Att but would appreciate your help with my defence.

I'm looking about 4-5 games in advance and looking to have either:

Option A

A cheap defender 3.9 with Kolarov nailed on and 2 rotating from 3

TncVht6.jpg

or

Option B

Kolarov nailed on and 2 rotating from 4

oHqpwwl.jpg

To afford Option A I need to sell Gomez from Liverpool for the .1, however it gives me less players to choose from (can always be a nightmare when you leave points on the bench) and a nice attacking outlet in Cresswell.

Option B means that I can keep Gomez (one more .1 rise = .2 gain for me) and have a couple of decent defenders in case someone gets injured/suspended.

Any advice that you can offer is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Option A: Mahrez and Sanchez out < Ayew and Pedro in (already have Gomis) 0.4 ITB.

Option B: Mahrez and Gomis out < Ayew and Wilson in. 0.2 ITB.

Option C: Chadli and Gomis out > Ayew and Wilson in. 1.6 ITB.

Option D: Chadli and Sanchez out > Ayew and Pedro in. 1.6 ITB.

Option E: Chadli out > Ayew in and use other FT elsewhere. 0.1 ITB.

Decisions, decisions. Any thoughts appreciated.

I'm still none the wiser in making a choice after the international break. Anyone able to help? They all seem like sideway transfers.

Another option is Chadli and Benteke out > Pedro and Wilson in. 0.5 ITB.

If Courtois is out for a long spell then that may need sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Diouf --> Wilson.

Makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

keano_afc wrote: »
    Diouf --> Wilson.

Makes sense?

If Diouf is out for more than a week, I'll be doing this for a hit. Will hopefully know more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Colking wrote: »
    Hi I'm finalising my WC and am happy with my Mid and Att but would appreciate your help with my defence.

I'm looking about 4-5 games in advance and looking to have either:

Option A

A cheap defender 3.9 with Kolarov nailed on and 2 rotating from 3

TncVht6.jpg

or

Option B

Kolarov nailed on and 2 rotating from 4

oHqpwwl.jpg

To afford Option A I need to sell Gomez from Liverpool for the .1, however it gives me less players to choose from (can always be a nightmare when you leave points on the bench) and a nice attacking outlet in Cresswell.

Option B means that I can keep Gomez (one more .1 rise = .2 gain for me) and have a couple of decent defenders in case someone gets injured/suspended.

Any advice that you can offer is appreciated.

I'd go option B. I also have Gomez, Kolarov and Martin and Evans is a decent price at 4.8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Diouf --> Wilson.

Makes sense?

Have Diouf myself and am starting him atm.
    That wont change unless I hear his injury is worse than feared because I like the run of fixtures for him.
    That said for a FT Wilson is a probable price riser by start of GW and has 4 good fixtures next.

@Colking
    Really like the way your thinking.
    Would have a slight preference for option B but not with Martin up to next international break.
    A stoke defender instead for me (even though you already have Butland) because their fixtures are good but that my alter your rotation plans or go against some of your own rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

ElTel wrote: »
    Have Diouf myself and am starting him atm.
    That wont change unless I hear his injury is worse than feared because I like the run of fixtures for him.
    That said for a FT Wilson is a probable price riser by start of GW and has 4 good fixtures next.

This was my thinking. It would be my free transfer and if he's carrying an injury going to the Emirates I'd fancy Wilson with the easier fixture.

This was my thinking. It would be my free transfer and if he's carrying an injury going to the Emirates I'd fancy Wilson with the easier fixture.

Of course 2 FTs next week having had a look at everyone post transfer window would be nice-that's my thinking atm.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    @Colking
    Really like the way your thinking.
    Would have a slight preference for option B but not with Martin up to next international break.
    A stoke defender instead for me (even though you already have Butland) because their fixtures are good but that my alter your rotation plans or go against some of your own rules.

Thanks for replying, and thanks for the advice. After checking the rotation a west ham defender is better than Martin for the next 5 games. The problem with that is, the only West Ham Defender i'd rate right now is Cresswell. I could look at Olsson for Norwich as I preffer him for attacking points over Martin but the problem is that he's only back from injury and I don't know if he's nailed on. Add that to slight chance of Gomez and Evans not starting and it starts to creak a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

JSBCP.jpg

I have 2 free transfers and want to do Depay to Pedro but need to free up 0.8m. Is Darmian to Evans the way to go. Any other ideas?

menoscemo wrote: »
    I have 2 free transfers and want to do Depay to Pedro but need to free up 0.8m. Is Darmian to Evans the way to go. Any other ideas?

In your 3-5-2 yes, he's a logical choice if you do not want to downgrade sanchez or silva.

If you're open to looking at them, then you could do Silva > Pedro and Depay > Yaya

In your 3-5-2 yes, he's a logical choice if you do not want to downgrade sanchez or silva.

If you're open to looking at them, then you could do Silva > Pedro and Depay > Yaya

I really like Silva!!

I am also thinking of maybe to downgrading Chadli to someone Like Darren Fletcher. I can play 4 defenders this week (4-4-2) and use the spare cash to upgrade Watmore next week then play 3-4-3.....

I really like Silva!!

I am also thinking of maybe to downgrading Chadli to someone Like Darren Fletcher. I can play 4 defenders this week (4-4-2) and use the spare cash to upgrade Watmore next week then play 3-4-3.....

That could be good. I'd probably go for Bentaleb though at 4.4 and make use of the extra .1 Fletcher could drop .1 soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I really like Silva!!

Fletcher's teetering near a drop. I'd probably go for Westwood or a 4.4m like Bentaleb/Tettey

Fletcher's teetering near a drop. I'd probably go for Westwood or a 4.4m like Bentaleb/Tettey

Snap ;)

Snap ;)

Ha, yeah we're on the same wavelength. I have Fletcher so am hoping he can pop up with a goal or something to stave off the drop

That could be good. I'd probably go for Bentaleb though at 4.4 and make use of the extra .1 Fletcher could drop .1 soon enough.

Good points lads, but I actually think Fletcher is best value bench fodder midfielder. He is WBA captain and likely to play every game, plus he has been known to pop up with the odd headed goal or two.

I'll probably wait until Saturday morning and hope he drops in the meantime...

It might actually be worth waiting a week (or two) on Pedro; what do you think? His next two fixtures are Everton away and Arsenal at home...

• Advertisement

It might actually be worth waiting a week (or two) on Pedro; what do you think? His next two fixtures are Everton away and Arsenal at home...

I think he could score well the next couple weeks, obviously not great fixtures. I was between Ayew and Pedro and chose the former for the time being. You might be reluctant to double up on Swans

Advertisement