Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Brought mahrez in for ki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I think he could score well the next couple weeks, obviously not great fixtures. I was between Ayew and Pedro and chose the former for the time being. You might be reluctant to double up on Swans

Yeah I said in the WC that I would only keep one of Gomis/Ayew, hence I got in Chadli instead. That was a mistake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Cursing the fact that I ended up with O'Shea in my team. Trying to decide now whether to swallow the imminent .1 drop or use one of my FTs to get rid of him as can't see myself playing him any time soon. Have enough to get Naughton in for him who could be a season keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What are the latest news on Benteke?

I'm tempted to ditch him for Wilson. I know he has 2 nice home fixtures coming after this GW but Liverpool haven't been scoring and he doesn't seem to be fully fit. While Wilson has fixtures, form and fitness with/for him at the moment...

It'll be for a -4 though... Ah it'd only be my 4th consecutive one :P :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

iroced wrote: »
    What are the latest news on Benteke?

I'm tempted to ditch him for Wilson. I know he has 2 nice home fixtures coming after this GW but Liverpool haven't been scoring and he doesn't seem to be fully fit. While Wilson has fixtures, form and fitness with/for him at the moment...

It'll be for a -4 though... Ah it'd only be my 4th consecutive one :P :rolleyes: :pac:...

There are reports via the Telegraph's Liverpool correspondent that Ings is due to start at the weekend. Either that means a change in formation or else Benteke would not be fit to start.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ96/status/642101841568923649

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

benteke »»» costa (mourinho had 2 weeks to "punish" them... and after will ferrell's joke mou will come back swinging)
    depay »»» sako (banking 0.6 to sort out defense)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Any word on Diouf's injury? Have him starting atm alongside Aguero and Benteke, but also considering Benteke > Gomis/Wilson given Liverpool's attacking returns haven't been pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭EoinAFC

Taken from Stoke city's official twitter :

@stokecity: MH: Mame Diouf didn't train today - he is a doubt, as is Marko Arnautovic, who had a real bang on his ankle. #SCFC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    There are reports via the Telegraph's Liverpool correspondent that Ings is due to start at the weekend. Either that means a change in formation or else Benteke would not be fit to start.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ96/status/642101841568923649

Would they go with two up top? Coutinho is missing so Rodgers may change tactics based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »
    Would they go with two up top? Coutinho is missing so Rodgers may change tactics based on that.

isn't beneteke possibly injured ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings could also play on the right of a front 3

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

Ings could also play on the right of a front 3
    Benteke is fine trained yesterday. Both him and ings to start apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Yep, LFC trained with Benteke and Ings in tandem yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Havnt had time to suss my squads health/ill health at mo.

Myhill Mc Carthy
    Kolarov Darmian Gomez Martin Ward
    Pedro Mahrez Payet Silva Surman
    Gomis Aguero Diouf

Have a FT I need to use.
    Know Wards inj but will hold him...same with Diouf or should I go to Wilson?

Really appreciate advice on best use of transfer...have 2 m in bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What are other Courtois/McCarthy owners doing?
    My plan was to bank but now I may have no keeper this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

spock. wrote: »

Begovic in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Edit: see info on how long courtois is out for....

Speroni is an option - would give you the certainty of a Palace starter. But I might go for someone else in the 4.5m category, as that would give rotation options: Butland, Krul maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭boccy23

Any info on how long Courtois is out for? If it was only a week I might just hold.

If longer, I'll probably get rid. Speroni is an option - would give you the certainty of a Palace starter. But I might go for someone else in the 4.5m category, as that would give rotation options: Butland, Krul maybe.
    Saw online that it was 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have Myhill/McCarthy. Questions over both but I'm taking my chances. If last season thought me anything, it was not to be too clever. On countless occasions I tried to be ahead of the game when I should have just played it safe and kept my head in the sand e.g. not captaining Sanchez on Stephens Day as we thought he might be rested.

If both my goalkeepers don't play this weekend, chances are I'll have missed out on two or three points. Not much more.

I'd rather just go with no keeper if I have to and make a more informed decision next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looks like my Transfer will be Courtois to Begovic (McCarthy other keeper)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't know if many have held onto Romero (I got rid myself) but De Gea has signed a new contract with United, safe to assume he'll be back in the side sharpish.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't know if many have held onto Romero (I got rid myself) but De Gea has signed a new contract with United, safe to assume he'll be back in the side sharpish.

Hoping Van Gaal confirms one way or another today. If not, I'll shift over to Begovic with my FT today I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I've Courtois and McCarthy as well, and I'm thinking of getting in De Gea. Begovic is also a possibility, but if Courtois's injury is only for a few weeks then it could cost two transfers to get him in and then out again. I don't have any Utd defensive coverage anyway and surely De Gea will be nailed on for Utd soon? At 5.3 too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have Myhill/McCarthy. Questions over both but I'm taking my chances. If last season thought me anything, it was not to be too clever. On countless occasions I tried to be ahead of the game when I should have just played it safe and kept my head in the sand e.g. not captaining Sanchez on Stephens Day as we thought he might be rested.

If both my goalkeepers don't play this weekend, chances are I'll have missed out on two or three points. Not much more.

I'd rather just go with no keeper if I have to and make a more informed decision next week.

Exactly what I'm doing. As sure as you sold one he'd be the guy to keep his place (and probably save a penalty or 2). Worth the risk that neither will play this weekend. Really hoping Myhill does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ha, yeah we're on the same wavelength. I have Fletcher so am hoping he can pop up with a goal or something to stave off the drop

Even more so now that I actually need him to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Looks like my Transfer will be Courtois to Begovic (McCarthy other keeper)

Or Silva to someone :mad:

Haven't enough for a straight swap to Sanchez, even if I do Courtois to Begovic for -4. An afternoon of tearing my hair out awaits me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Havnt had time to suss my squads health/ill health at mo.

Myhill Mc Carthy
    Kolarov Darmian Gomez Martin Ward
    Pedro Mahrez Payet Silva Surman
    Gomis Aguero Diouf

Have a FT I need to use.
    Know Wards inj but will hold him...same with Diouf or should I go to Wilson?

Really appreciate advice on best use of transfer...have 2 m in bank.

See now that Wilson went up last night so prob no point in doing Diouf to him.
    .......so should I just let the free transfer go or can people see a wise way of using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

See now that Wilson went up last night so prob no point in doing Diouf to him.
    .......so should I just let the free transfer go or can people see a wise way of using it?

I'm also stuck in that situation. Rondon from West Brom has nice fixtures coming up, might go with him?

EDIT: just realised Silva is injured too. Luckily I've 2 FT so might go Silva>Yaya, or chance De Bruyne and Diouf>Rondon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

courtois has been a disaster for me,took a hit to get mccarthy in when he was red carded thinking even if i did not get the points back i would gain value and be set up for the season,mccarthy got 2 pts and ownership increased 10 fold while only getting .1 of an increase,so is set to plummet in value,have taken a hit already this week so going to take a chance on mccarthy and will probably get de gea in saturday,presume there will be a big courtois/de gea swing

Advertisement