Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options
  • 06-09-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else enjoy this? Just finished it's first season on Dave last week.

Greg Davies and Alex Horne (sans band) set often silly tasks to some very funny people including Frank Skinner, Josh Widdicombe and Tim Keyes.

Consistently very funny throughout it's 6 episodes.. definitely worth a look!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. They had a great mix of comedians and it became essential viewing for me once I got into it. I'm sure Dave will give it a repeat soon.

A simple idea that cost very little but was executed very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I thought it was brilliant. Very clever idea, especially not showing any of them what the others did until they were filming the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Skid X wrote: »
    They had a great mix of comedians and it became essential viewing for me once I got into it.
    The same 5 comedians throughout was a bit jarring at first.. when you're used to the rotating panel show format - but it was such a fun group of people that it did really work. I don't like Roisin Conaty much at all, but her general dimness throughout was very entertaining - particularly when picked apart by the others!

Skid X wrote: »
    I'm sure Dave will give it a repeat soon.
    Actually heads-up, Dave are repeating the whole first season this afternoon / evening.. started at 4pm so it's half way through episode 1 but you could easily Sky+ or watch the rest.

EDIT: Actually, it's only episodes 1 - 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Episodes 4-6 on Dave from 4pm

• Advertisement

All change for Series 2 ...
    The contestants have been announced for the second series of Taskmaster.

Jon Richardson, Richard Osman, Joe Wilkinson, Katherine Ryan and Doc Brown are the comedians who will be set challenges by Greg Davies.

And Alex Horne, who also devised the show, will again be keeping score when the show returns to. Dave later this year.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2016/03/11/24364/revealed%3A_whos_in_series_2_of_taskmaster

I would have preferred the Series 1 contestants all over again. Hard to know how the newbies will get on.

Not familiar with Doc Brown, not a fan of the miserable Katherine Ryan but the other three should be decent.

Jon Richardson, Richard Osman and Joe Wilkinson could be great. Katherine Ryan is horrible. And Doc Brown?

latest?cb=20150823032635

FYI - series 3 contestants are as follows: Dave Gorman, Al Murray, Rob Beckett, Sara Pascoe, Paul Chowdhry.

They're filming two series in quick succession:

Untitled.jpg

Starts back on 21st June..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Thanks for the heads up, Really enjoyed season one, clever and simple idea well executed with decent guests. Hopefully season 2 and 3 live up to the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

1st Ep of series 2 is now available on UKTV play and sky on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Watched all of Season 1 today. Great show - very simple format, and always entertaining. Looking forward to season 2.

Watched the new episode earlier. Really good!

Joe Wilkinson slow-mo was tragic, but hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I loved this show last year and the first episode was on top form again. I laughed so hard at that slow mo!! :pac: :D

Just got around to the first episode of Season 2 - smile on my face from start to finish, great stuff.

As much as I loved the Season 1 competitors, I think this season's bunch will outshine them, if episode 1 was any indicator.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

LOVED this series!!

I have the new episode recorded to watch tomorrow- really looking forward to it, especially after hearing optimistic reviews here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The nursery rhyme videos in the second episode were so funny.

Really good episode tonight! This is one of the best things on tv at the moment!

"Is there any significance to 42 Calippos?"
    "It was all they had..."

Another great episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

First time seeing it last night - very entertaining. Joe Wilkinson is just hilarious, the 42 Calippos and 8 cans of extra strong beer were a masterstroke. That'll be my shopping list this evening. I'll try to find first series, although being on Dave I'm sure it'll be repeated soon!

ahlookit wrote: »
    First time seeing it last night - very entertaining. Joe Wilkinson is just hilarious, the 42 Calippos and 8 cans of extra strong beer were a masterstroke. That'll be my shopping list this evening. I'll try to find first series, although being on Dave I'm sure it'll be repeated soon!
    It's on On Demand if you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

This is very good. I went back and watched Series 1. The poor Swedish chap. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Ruu wrote: »
    This is very good. I went back and watched Series 1. The poor Swedish chap. :o

Poor Josh Widdicome had it worse, with the beans, rice etc :D

maudgonner wrote: »
    Poor Josh Widdicome had it worse, with the beans, rice etc :D

My favourite part of that was when he came up with a mathematical solution to figuring out the rice and not having to count the entire bag - he was so smug in the VT about it, thinking the others would've counted each individual grain... It was comedy at its finest... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Only heard about by his show from this thread, just binged hrough every episode. Absolutely genius stuff.

Chemistry is unreal! And lord Greg can do no wrong!

Creative brilliance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The nursery rhyme videos in the second episode were so funny.
    Jon's "Three blind Mice" was genius. :D
    I've always thought a nursery rhyme about hacking the tails off small (blind) animals was pretty barbaric!!

I remember reading a review where someone suggested this show would do really well in an early Saturday evening slot on BBC1.

I'd agree with that, it's a really fun inoffensive show and anyone I know who has watched it enjoyed it. It's a great show for Dave but I suspect lots of people who would love it have never seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dave are making some good shows. Between this, Alan Davies As Yet Untitled and Modern Life Is Goodish, theres some very good comedy there.

• Advertisement

Dave are making some good shows. Between this, Alan Davies As Yet Untitled and Modern Life Is Goodish, theres some very good comedy there.
    Agreed - I think what works for them is they're making shows that I don't think the likes of BBC would ever commission..

"So we're going to do a show with a bunch of comedians doing random tasks like throwing potatoes into a hole?"
    "Next..!"
    "OK, what about a show where Alan Davies talks to a bunch of comedians for an hour about nothing in particular?"
    "Nope..!"
    "Last one, what about a guy doing a presentation for an hour?"
    "Get out of my office!"

Advertisement