Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"The b*stard's crying, innit?"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Al Murrays grotesque ice creature was the highlight for me, along with the Dave Gorman cheating scandal. You could really see Greg Davies teaching background coming out when he was trying to get Gorman to confess.

ahlookit wrote: »
    Al Murrays grotesque ice creature was the highlight for me, along with the Dave Gorman cheating scandal. You could really see Greg Davies teaching background coming out when he was trying to get Gorman to confess.

Reminds me of the first series with Tim Key cheating all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmKharkSzc

Live Taskmaster on Youtube, found this linked on Reddit!

Not quite celebrities, but...more Tasks all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yep, that's where Taskmaster began.. the Fringe.. it's Alex Horne's creation as far as I'm aware.

Another good episode tonight.. really enjoying Paul Chowdry!

"Brown Clown!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Yep, that's where Taskmaster began.. the Fringe.. it's Alex Horne's creation as far as I'm aware.

It is.

Also see Tim Key listed as "task consultant" in this series, not sure if that means he helped to devise them or helped Dave Gorman to cheat them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Paul Chowdry is the clear star of this series - I've seen some of his stand up and he can be really really clever, so I dunno if he's just playing dumb or if he's a bit of a spacer until he genuinely sits down and puts his mind to something.

I also don't understand all the dislike for Sara Pascoe? I've always found her enjoyable enough.

Paul Chowdry is the clear star of this series - I've seen some of his stand up and he can be really really clever, so I dunno if he's just playing dumb or if he's a bit of a spacer until he genuinely sits down and puts his mind to something.

I also don't understand all the dislike for Sara Pascoe? I've always found her enjoyable enough.

I'd heard of him before, but never seen him. I think he's really good in Taskmaster. Discrimination because there wasnt enough brown sauce...

The look of pure glee on Al Murrays face as he jumped up on down on bags of balloons and bashed more with a cricket bat. Sadly he made a hames of a great idea.

Rob Becketts Psycho's mother tribute with a power hose was genuinely disturbing.

ahlookit wrote: »
    Rob Becketts Psycho's mother tribute with a power hose was genuinely disturbing.
    Yeah, that was hilarious! :D

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, that was hilarious! :D

It's why I love when they discuss the tasks after almost more than the tasks themselves. Rob Beckett with the power washer was hilarious, but I lost it when he explained that he'd just had a child a few days before, hadn't had much sleep and thinks he was going mad :D

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    It's why I love when they discuss the tasks after almost more than the tasks themselves. Rob Beckett with the power washer was hilarious, but I lost it when he explained that he'd just had a child a few days before, hadn't had much sleep and thinks he was going mad :D

And their reactions when Greg describes what the really stupid approach would be - like Sara Pascoe & Dave Gorman on the balloon challenge yesterday...you can see them looking at each other to see if anyone else made a balls of it too...

I love absolutely everything about this show. It's incredibly entertaining.

"yano that kinda looks like morse code"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Don't find it quite as good as the last series, but it is still very good.

Slightly disappointed with Dave Gorman. Thought he'd be a bit more "cute"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

It's up there with the 2nd series for me, but not as good as the first series which was fantastic TV altogether.

The great thing about the show is even if your not gone on the comedian you will still get a laugh out of them because most of the funny set ups happen very naturally. I was apprehensive about Al Murray, I thought he would be very loud and brash, like the pub landlord, but he's been great.

Paul has been the best value tho, gets alot of laughs, no way is he that stupid tho.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Yeah, Al Murray has been a pleasant surprise on this series as I've only ever seen him as the Pub Landlord, which became old hat very quickly. Still finding it hard to have any love for Sara Pascoe though.

Al Murray seems to be the smartest overall when doing the tasks, with Rob Beckett nipping at his heels - never would've guessed Rob Beckett would be one of the smarter ones. And if any of us had been asked before the season, we probably would've had Dave Gorman in #1 position for the smartest on the panel, but Murray and Beckett are miles ahead of him at this point, and to be fair Sara Pascoe is probably on a par with him. Paul Chowdry is just great viewing though - even if he's only playing stupid, he's doing it very well.

"You're a man who likes women..."

"you have to do the whole task in an accent"

I absolutely love the special tasks like that :P

Shlippery wrote: »
    "you have to do the whole task in an accent"

I absolutely love the special tasks like that :P

Yeah, Josh Widdicombe counting beans from a tin :D

Little Polythene Grief Cave was a fantastic show title, even if this weeks episode wasnt quite up to the level of the previous couple.

Enjoyed the finale.

Same live task from the Edinburgh link above though but slightly more interesting this time around

The sad wait begins now til Season 4 - which has a cracking cast from what I've read.

Massively excited...some mad potential.

• Advertisement

Was a great season, particularly with Paul Chowdry.

Getting slightly annoyed though at the "Just get Alex to do it" style of completing tasks though. It's become a bit overdone at this stage, just getting Alex or a crewmember (or Ben Fogle) to do something the comedian isn't allowed to do.

Still though, it's a consistently brilliant show and with Joe Lycett in next series, should continue to be brilliant.

FYI: The contestants for Series 4 will be Lolly Adefope, Hugh Dennis, Noel Fielding, Mel Giedroyc and Joe Lycett.

Noel and Joe will be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Mel comes across a bit crazy British mummy when she's on Big Fat Quiz, etc. She could be fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

It really is a brilliant show. Almost guaranteed some proper belly laughs in each episode.

The donut task at the end had some serious tension too!

Waiting for the next series will be tough

This is back on 25th April by all accounts!

Degag wrote: »

Class. Flicking through the channels last night and seen Dave showing the first episode of Series 3. Wondered when the new series might be starting.

First episode is available On Demand!

First episode is available On Demand!

Just watched it and glad to say that the episode was just as good as previous series.

Zaph wrote: »
    Just watched it and glad to say that the episode was just as good as previous series.

Yeah, good to see it's still the same old show. Still one of the best shows on TV.

Mel Giedroyc is someone I've never been able to stand (she just tries far too hard to be funny and it's incredibly grating), but I think the rest of them make up for her.

• Advertisement

I actually like Mel, but I can't stand Noel Fielding for a similar reason, I think he just tries too hard to be weird. But this is a perfect show for him and I think he's be a lot more bearable, in the same way that Sarah Pascoe didn't annoy me as much as she usually would when she appeared in a previous series.

It'll be interesting to see what the American version is like. It's being presented by Reggie Watts, James Corden's band leader on his show, and Alex Horne will be repeating his role from the original show.

Advertisement