Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,264 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A great episode. Great especially to have Josh Widdecombe back, he works so well on this between his overall panic in the tasks but also his banter with Greg and everyone else in the live bits, something I've kinda felt was missing from the last two series'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Greg: "You were trying to invoke King Lear, I imagine?"

Rob: "No idea what you're talking about, mate"

Greg "When Gloucester gets blinded"

Rob "PJ and Duncan's my only blind reference"

That cracked me up!

Apologies for the spoilers for Taskmaster, Byker Grove and King Lear there

I loved the briefcase task tonight - everyone tackling it in a completely different way, classic Taskmaster. Also, Josh's solo theme song wasn't bad

Dave haven't quite announced a new series, but there should be more of the same coming in 2018

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/943603082830721025

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Enjoying watching series one again this week mainly because of Paul Chowdhry

Not quite but almost confirmed that a new series is being filmed.

I think James Acaster would be a very good contestant

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/39194/taskmaster_to_return_for_a_sixth_series?rss

"Taskmaster is to return for a sixth series – and Chortle understands that James Acaster is among those taking part.

It is believed that the filming of the tasks has already taken place, with studio segments –– when the comedians find out how they each performed – being recorded soon.

Creator Alex Horne let news slip that the Dave channel had commissioned a sixth series when he appeared on spoken word artist Scroobius Pip’s Distraction Pieces podcast recently."

I've only really started coming across some of James Acaster's work recently, and he definitely seems like he'd be a great fit for Taskmaster.

He is very funny on mock the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Acaster should have been on a long time ago.. he's great!

His Classic Scrapes book is very funny.. some fantastic stories in there. A little taster of one of them in the very long but very funny clip from WILTY:

He's big but he's destined to be huge.. FOUR Netflix specials due next month too: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/02/16/39160/james_acaster_confirms_four_netflix_specials

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Taskmaster + James Acaster = Happy Mr. P :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

SERIES SIX OF #TASKMASTER IS COMING 🎉
    Alice Levine, Asim Chaudhry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard and Tim Vine will all compete to lift the hallowed hollow head of the Greg Davies under the watchful eye of Alex Horne. https://t.co/3XxvpwZVWl

^ Well, that's a mighty disappointing line-up.

Most underwhelmed I've been from a line-up so far! :(

EDIT: Very good news however..

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/966583358867189762

I dunno, Tim Vine and Russell Howard at least should be quite good, and Liza Tarbuck might go a bit of a Mel Geidroyc route and be surprisingly alright. Never heard of the other two.

Still though, four more series' of ten episodes each? That's f*cking fantastic, and well deserved too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think Alice Levine will be pretty good on it. I think it’s one of those shows where it doesn’t matter hugely what you think of the cast beforehand because you usually end up loving someone you thought you’d hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So no James acaster?

So no James acaster?

Article says he's likely in a future series. I'm guessing series 7. Chances are there'll be two series of Taskmaster this year, one in Spring and one in the Autumn, so he'll probably be in the one later this year.

• Advertisement

So no James acaster?

Not in Series 6, but they are probably filming more than one series at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Filming for series 6 studio bits is 22nd - 28th March. Anyone know how soon after filming we saw previous series?

Did the American one air yet or what's the deal?

First trailer for US remake.. complete with * U.S Trailer Voice *..

Starts April 27th... and looks all a bit meh!

That looks really bad to be honest. Will probably be like the us inbetweeners

I actually quite liked the trailer and the p*sstake tone they took with it. Hard to see what way Reggie Watts will play it. Doubt he'll be emulating Greg Davis.

Ultimately, it all depends on the contestants, and from the look of that Ron Funches might make the whole thing worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Penn wrote: »
    I actually quite liked the trailer and the p*sstake tone they took with it. Hard to see what way Reggie Watts will play it. Doubt he'll be emulating Greg Davis.

Ultimately, it all depends on the contestants, and from the look of that Ron Funches might make the whole thing worthwhile.

Aye, only time will tell; bit too early to judge off the trailer, and Ron Funches automatically makes everything ten times better by his presence alone - that guy deserves so much more recognition...

New Series of Taskmaster (UK) begins May 2nd!

Tim Vine

Liza Tarbuck

Russell Howard

Asim Chaudhry

Alice Levine

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/983726150802427906

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Great news! Russell Howard can be a bit preachy on his own show but he should be good on this. I know Liza & Tim as well, both should be decent enough. Can't say I know the other two. Looking forward to it, just a few weeks to wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

skipper_G wrote: »
    Great news! Russell Howard can be a bit preachy on his own show but he should be good on this. I know Liza & Tim as well, both should be decent enough. Can't say I know the other two. Looking forward to it, just a few weeks to wait :)
    This is a weird show, the people I hate as stand ups (e.g. Al Murray) I've loved on this. Howard is someone similar, so hoping to his works well.

budhabob wrote: »
    This is a weird show, the people I hate as stand ups (e.g. Al Murray) I've loved on this. Howard is someone similar, so hoping to his works well.

Yeah I totally get that as well, I think the format allows them to be natural and not trying to hit a punchline. That way we just see a bunch of people having a laugh at themselves doing silly things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Watched Taskmaster US this evening and really enjoyed it. So much better than I expected it to be. It could be longer though.

The U.K. version is back this week.

Watched Taskmaster US this evening and really enjoyed it. So much better than I expected it to be. It could be longer though.
    Thought it was OK.. needed to be longer so was thankful for the 2 episodes.

Not a funny bunch particularly.. Horne's quips made me laugh most along with Ron Funches occassionally.

Lisa Lampinelli is truly despicable though!

The first episode is available for download on the UKTV player already :D

Watched the first episode, I like the balance of the group. A couple of creative attempts and a couple less so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

skipper_G wrote: »
    Watched the first episode, I like the balance of the group. A couple of creative attempts and a couple less so :pac:

Will watch today, bit nervous as only one I really am aware of is Russel Howard, and I'm not a huge fan of his!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Will watch today, bit nervous as only one I really am aware of is Russel Howard, and I'm not a huge fan of his!

That's the great thing about taskmaster, the people I dislike as standups etc have proved to be some of the best on this.

Adamocovic wrote: »

I know three of them, Russell Howard, Tim Vine & Liza Tarbuck. Howard is arguably the most high profile of them and some of his stand-up routine can be a bit preachy so I was wary of him but actually wasn't bad. I loved his use of
    gin and fags in the wheelbarrow stunt task, it was just so unnecessary and random

I thought it was a padlock! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Have high enough hopes after the first episode. I like Liza Tarbuck already even after (i think) not seeing her in anything before.

I actually think the programme's biggest issue is coming up with "decent" tasks. I just thing that some of them are unimatinative at times especially compared to the early seasons. Smallish complaint though, still really enjoy it!!

Second episode is up on On Demand.

Degag wrote: »
    Second episode is up on On Demand.

It wasn’t a great episode. I don't think I laughed out loud even once, just a few chuckles

Episode 3 is up on demand now

Edit: first task in and it's already the best episode so far

Episode 3 is best so far..

.. gotta say Alex Levine is turning into quite a delight.

The rest of them? Not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,113 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can never have too much Tim Vine:

^ I've seen him on interviews where he's "punny" and quick-witted.. but he's pretty poor on this. His input is minimal.

Watched the first two episodes of the US version. Jesus, Lisa Lampenelli is one of the most insufferable c*nts I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

The show itself is alright. Not a patch on the UK version, the shortened runtime especially does a lot of damage. Alex Horne is really what makes it watchable. Ron Funches is great too and Reggie Watts can be funny enough at times, though he can be very bland at times too.

Thought Alice and Tim have been pretty poor and haven't really brought anything to the snow. For me Liza and Russell have been fairly good but as a whole the series isn't great so far

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Thought Alice and Tim have been pretty poor and haven't really brought anything to the snow. For me Liza and Russell have been fairly good but as a whole the series isn't great so far

I actually quite like Alice. She's a bit hit and miss, but I like her interactions with Alex and the others and she doesn't always just go for the obvious ways of doing things.

Tim is very disappointing though. He just doesn't seem into it at all.

I actually quite like Alice. She's a bit hit and miss, but I like her interactions with Alex and the others and she doesn't always just go for the obvious ways of doing things.

Tim is very disappointing though. He just doesn't seem into it at all.

Not even a few of his trademark one liners

• Advertisement

It's a pretty disappointing series so far, Ep. 3 was the best we've seen from them so far but Ep. 4 was back to form.

Ep. 4 Spoiler, as it hasn't aired yet
    The do something manly with this box was a bit of a dud, why did none of them just go total caveman and smash it to bits, that would have been funny, unlike Alice's gender pay gap statement

I actually quite like Alice.
    So do I;)

Alice, Liza and Russell have been pretty solid IMO.

But definitely the least entertaining dynamic so far.

Watched the latest series on On Demand.
    Probably the poorest of the season so far:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Moment of the season so far has to be Tim Vine's quest to weigh that bag in episode 9! :D

I laughed and laughed! :pac:

Final episode on Wednesday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement