Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

At least modern life is goodish is back next week :)
    Nice... forgot about that..

* sets reminder *

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I f*cking lost it at Nish's coconut throw :D

I enjoyed the series as a whole. Not as good as most of the other series, but some fantastic moments, mostly due to Bob and Sally.

Penn wrote: »
    I f*cking lost it at Nish's coconut throw :D

I enjoyed the series as a whole. Not as good as most of the other series, but some fantastic moments, mostly due to Bob and Sally.
    Yeah, definitely the weakest series.

Looking forward to Champion of Champions though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I love this show. It's such a clever idea but I thought the first couple of series where the best so far. Find Aisling Bea really unfunny

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The songs were great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I don't know what she does & I don't believe I have ever seen her in anything before but I am completely & madly in love with Sally Phillips because of this series. She may be too old for me, she might well be happily married and have a bunch of kids but god-damn! She's awesome! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The series got better as it went along I think, though the final task with the egg was an awful anti-climax. Bob was great, his first question to the woman was so unexpected. But Sally easily the star of the series, she was sometimes normal then all of a sudden went a bit mental. Like the water cooler moment or the birthing scene, or having one of Bob's turds enshrined in a sphere of resin :D
    Honorable mention for Nish being mostly hopeless but hilariously so.
    I didn't get Aisling, didn't find her that funny and Mark was the weakest contestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What an absolutely fantastic show this really is, I actually think the contestants were as strong as any other series, perhaps some of the tasks weren't quite as good but that's picking holes for the sake of it.

I don't think there's ever been a show that can make me belly laugh with each and every episode.

Sally Phillips. I mean, just wow. I'm another who's somewhat in love with her :pac:

Loved how Nish was so inept, but inept with such panache.

Mark was the weakest but worked as an everyman within all the nonsense.

I like Aisling too and always love Bob Mortimer in these sort of shows.

The champion of champions is a great idea too.

Seriously though Nish and Mark's song was brilliant by how unlikely it was.

I wish Taskmaster was on every week!

What an absolutely fantastic show this really is, I actually think the contestants were as strong as any other series, perhaps some of the tasks weren't quite as good but that's picking holes for the sake of it.

I think part of the issue is the lack of interaction between the contestants after tasks. They don't take the p*ss of each other as much as previous years. Some of the best bits from the first three series' were contestants having a go at each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Penn wrote: »
    I think part of the issue is the lack of interaction between the contestants after tasks. They don't take the p*ss of each other as much as previous years. Some of the best bits from the first three series' were contestants having a go at each other.

Agreed, but I must say the series got better by the episode. Nish grew on me (except for his laugh, jesus man, tone it down). the songs were great considering 30mins prep time.

• Advertisement

budhabob wrote: »
    the songs were great considering 30mins prep time.

I'm guessing by Bob, Aisling & Sally's music that they had pre-prepared backing tracks available to them. Makes Nish & Mark's song even more impressive that they chose to perform it themselves.

Still though,
    # Rosalind's a f*cking nightmare #
    was genius :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Very excited but... A two parter... Bit disappointing.

Very excited but... A two parter... Bit disappointing.

That was always the plan, though. They never planned to do a full series with the Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just watching modern life is goldfish from last night and there was an ad for the champions show. Starts on the 13th :)

Just watching modern life is goldfish from last night and there was an ad for the champions show. Starts on the 13th :)
    Beauty of a typo! :)

Ha, stupid autocorrect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Just watched a couple of episodes from series 3. I forgot how much I laughed at Paul Chowdry first time around. It's also put me right in the mood for Champion of Champions

New Pens Please! :D

I really enjoyed that episode tonight

• Advertisement

A great episode. Great especially to have Josh Widdecombe back, he works so well on this between his overall panic in the tasks but also his banter with Greg and everyone else in the live bits, something I've kinda felt was missing from the last two series'.

Greg: "You were trying to invoke King Lear, I imagine?"

Rob: "No idea what you're talking about, mate"

Greg "When Gloucester gets blinded"

Rob "PJ and Duncan's my only blind reference"

That cracked me up!

Apologies for the spoilers for Taskmaster, Byker Grove and King Lear there

I loved the briefcase task tonight - everyone tackling it in a completely different way, classic Taskmaster. Also, Josh's solo theme song wasn't bad

Dave haven't quite announced a new series, but there should be more of the same coming in 2018

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/943603082830721025

Enjoying watching series one again this week mainly because of Paul Chowdhry

Not quite but almost confirmed that a new series is being filmed.

I think James Acaster would be a very good contestant

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/02/21/39194/taskmaster_to_return_for_a_sixth_series?rss

"Taskmaster is to return for a sixth series – and Chortle understands that James Acaster is among those taking part.

It is believed that the filming of the tasks has already taken place, with studio segments –– when the comedians find out how they each performed – being recorded soon.

Creator Alex Horne let news slip that the Dave channel had commissioned a sixth series when he appeared on spoken word artist Scroobius Pip’s Distraction Pieces podcast recently."

I've only really started coming across some of James Acaster's work recently, and he definitely seems like he'd be a great fit for Taskmaster.

He is very funny on mock the week

Acaster should have been on a long time ago.. he's great!

His Classic Scrapes book is very funny.. some fantastic stories in there. A little taster of one of them in the very long but very funny clip from WILTY:

He's big but he's destined to be huge.. FOUR Netflix specials due next month too: http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2018/02/16/39160/james_acaster_confirms_four_netflix_specials

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Taskmaster + James Acaster = Happy Mr. P :)

• Advertisement

SERIES SIX OF #TASKMASTER IS COMING 🎉
    Alice Levine, Asim Chaudhry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard and Tim Vine will all compete to lift the hallowed hollow head of the Greg Davies under the watchful eye of Alex Horne. https://t.co/3XxvpwZVWl

Advertisement