Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

ElTel wrote: »
    Bring Costa in for home game against palace.
    He is trending up and could rise in value before this GW starts.
    Benteke is at home also.
    I would replace Pelle.

Yeah that was my first thought upgrade Pelle to Costa with my 4.5m. Think he is due a big performance.
    I'm still not 100% convinced on Bentekke (cue a hat-trick vs West Ham).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rooney's goal gluts usually come the weeks after I sell him for a hit
    twice last year
    I sold him this week
    buy buy buy

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

FHFC wrote: »
    One of the three you've named would be the way to go imo. Costa would interest me slightly as something of a diffential who I'd not want long term. But any of the three couldbe the one to score big.

If going for Hazard wait till Sat morning in case he drops again.

Nice team btw, especially considering you haven't wildcarded yet.

A few other are interesting me as a 1 week punt i.e. Shaqiri, Sanchez, Mane. But Costa could be a great differential against a leaky Palace.

Don't think I'll go Hazard. Had him in GW1 and realised he can be a slow starter.

Thank you although I haven't really reaped many points so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

debating a 4point hit to get Pedro and Shaqiri in for Depay and Payet ... that or carry my transfer over . no Chelsea attacking players at the moment ..

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

km79 wrote: »
    twice last year
    I sold him this week
    buy buy buy

Plus he just scored and usually goes on runs of scoring for a few matches when he gets going . transferred out last week :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hmmm to bring in Rooney or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Looking to get Aguero in my team for the weekend but not sure who to get rid of. I've already played my wildcard this week so I don't have to worry about making one transfer too many.

The two options I'm thinking of are:
    - Giroud and Benteke out... Aguero and Maiga(only have 4.9m to play with) in
    - Giroud, Benteke and Coutinho out... Aguero, Wilson and Shaqiri in

Didn't really want to mess my team around too much just to get Aguero in, but it's looking like a no-brainer for this weekend. Which of these two options look best? I'd prefer the second but I like how Coutinho is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I haven't sold Rooney yet....:P

twice last year
    I sold him this week
    buy buy buy

every. ****ing. year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

every. ****ing. year

You're not getting a poem for him scoring in a CL match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

twice last year
    I sold him this week
    buy buy buy
    Prophetic.

PARlance wrote: »
    You're not getting a poem for him scoring in a CL match.

:D:D:D

I'm now all over Rooney again

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'm now all over Rooney again

he prefers grannies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Lads I'd stick a couple past this Brugge outfit. Absolutely woeful stuff. Hold your horses on Rooney for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'll be holding off on Rooney until United start tearing teams apart in the league.

Realistically what's the standard of the Belgian League like?

Lads I'd stick a couple past this Brugge outfit. Absolutely woeful stuff. Hold your horses on Rooney for a while.

I know that, but this is what Rooney does, he's scores in spurts. I think you'd be naive not to have him in there for the next few games, especially when no other striker has been lighting the league up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Interesting to see if Herrera keeps that number 10 spot for United. Could be a great option at 6.8m.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Interesting to see if Herrera keeps that number 10 spot for United. Could be a great option at 6.8m.

Not looking likely with that substitution

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I know that, but this is what Rooney does, he's scores in spurts. I think you'd be naive not to have him in there for the next few games, especially when no other striker has been lighting the league up.

Rooney scores in spurts, Rooney scores against Newcastle. No one in their right mind would bring him in ahead of Aguero, Gomis, Benteke, among other strikers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

As a wise man once said. Welbeck got a hattrick at this stage of this competition last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

He's looked like absolute crap in the league he can't just flick a switch. Scott sinclair got a hat trick as well. The standard of teams have to be taken into account as well as the circumstances, Brugge had to go balls to the wall tonight to make up for the first leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    doesnt get enough goals or assists. wouldn't touch him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    doesnt get enough goals or assists. wouldn't touch him

Cool don't think he'd like you touching him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Fcuk Rooney. Going nowhere near my lovely new shiny perfect team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hmmm to bring in Rooney or not...

Not. Definitely not. The only debate has been for those with him already.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'll be holding off on Rooney until United start tearing teams apart in the league.

Well, I guess you're bringing Rooney in today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

So Liam Brady reckons that United dodged a bullet in not signing Pedro. With Dunphy also reckoning that Depay wouldn't get a game at city it looks i'm going to have to tear up my transfer plans. Dunphy had something slightly positive to say about Yaya too so i'm glad i went with Silva :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Big Borg wrote: »
    Well, I guess you're bringing Rooney in today. :D

Nope, last time Club Brugges I checked don't ply their trade in the English Premier League.

He didn't score against Villa or Newcastle which I'd say are similar/slightly worse in standard to Brugges,
    and got a very lucky assist against a Spurs team who haven't taken off yet themselves.

He could be a good differential but he's too much of a risk at his price point at the minute for me, as United aren't scoring for fun in the League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

shineon23 wrote: »

Realistically what's the standard of the Belgian League like?

The ninth league by European coefficient standards. It pushed the Dutch down to tenth this year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Country_coefficient

Advertisement