Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭brodsy

damian139 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest how to 'hide my number' in outgoing calls, the ' additional settings' option is absent

When in phone calls, tap menu up top, hit settings, call settings then gsm call settings, then additional settings & there's caller id

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

damian139 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest how to 'hide my number' in outgoing calls, the ' additional settings' option is absent

Go into phone as if your making a call, press the 3 dots beside the mic where you would normally start typing a contact name and go to settings, then call settings, then gsm call settings, then additional settings and there you have caller id :)

Edit: poster above is quicker than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Just performed the latest update and now cant get onto the app screens. Says "unfortunately, standard home screen has stopped". So I can only access the apps that are pinned to my home screen none of the rest. anyone now what has happened and what I need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

corsav6 wrote: »
    Go into phone as if your making a call, press the 3 dots beside the mic where you would normally start typing a contact name and go to settings, then call settings, then gsm call settings, then additional settings and there you have caller id :)

Edit: poster above is quicker than me.

Just install the app hidden call.I find it great.

kevin306 wrote: »
    Just performed the latest update and now cant get onto the app screens. Says "unfortunately, standard home screen has stopped". So I can only access the apps that are pinned to my home screen none of the rest. anyone now what has happened and what I need to do

If you have access to play store then just download nova launcher or any other launcher that you like. You may want a factory reset instead because if the launcher is force closing then other apps may be affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Jimmyboy40 wrote: »
    I Have a little tip for anyone who says the phone is stuttering and tap the Build number 3 times, to go into development options , within theres there are 3 options Window animation scale , transition animation scale and animation duration scale. all should be set to 1 be default, if you move them to .5x all 3 of them and reboot the phone.

After the initial stumble you get , while the ram gets up to speed, you should see faster transitions between apps and lollipop and a overall smoother feeling.

I not had an issues with X1 but X .5 certainly makes it faster.

Go the other way and say set it to 2 you see more animations in lollipop and the transitions are more exaggerated , showing off the lollipop animations off superbly, the phone can handle it, but it gets a bit warmer.

See how you go, but don't go lower than .5, on this setting its superb

Mine was running very sluggish, this seems to have done the trick, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Tap three times on Android version brings up an android vs lollipop game lol

Tis quite difficult 😨😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Have the same problem with the launcher after the update this evening, managed to install Nova but now a few apps are pretty sluggish or just crash out. Really don't want to do a factory reset but might have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

FrostyJim wrote:
    Just download google now launcher from the play store.

I know but I wanted to see if I could avoid having two launchers installed on the phone since its possible to change the app to Google search it will essentially be like having Google now launcher installed, it's just something that bothered me about the stock launcher on the Moto G, having to keep that on the phone even tho I didn't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Have the same problem with the launcher after the update this evening, managed to install Nova but now a few apps are pretty sluggish or just crash out. Really don't want to do a factory reset but might have to.

Did you try clearing the app cache?
    (I don't have access to the phone right now, so this is a rough guide)
    Menu button > Settings > Application manager > scroll across to the All tab.
    Now look for the launcher and try clear cache.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I just did a RedC opinions survey which suggests that this handset will be at the heart of Vodafone's Xmas gift-set offerings!

I've ordered my unlock code and been waiting since 12 today.

I wrote in the message to seller box.
    IMEI: XXXXXXX
    Phone model: Vodafone b Smart Ultra 6
    Network: Vodafone Ireland.

Just wondering if I've done it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

DanC90 wrote: »

Apart from the B in the model name that all looks ok. I'd give it til tomorrow though before mailing the seller. They're probably just working through the requests.

FrostyJim wrote:
    Apart from the B in the model name that all looks ok. I'd give it til tomorrow though before mailing the seller. They're probably just working through the requests.

Thanks for the reply, ye that B was a typo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I ordered two codes on Friday.
    Had them in my email Saturday morning.
    Emails were sent around 1 A.M.
    Don't panic ;)

vectra wrote: »
    I ordered two codes on Friday.
    Had them in my email Saturday morning.
    Emails were sent around 1 A.M.
    Don't panic ;)

Mine arrived around 1am also, maybe there done in batches.

I've been using the phone the last two days and I'm really impressed with it, the screen is so good! Big, bright and crisp looking. My girlfriend has a Moto G (2nd Gen) and that looks crap in comparison.

The speed of this phone is amazing! It never lags and switching between apps is instantaneous and it loads web pages really quickly.

I'm just looking forward to getting my unlock code sorted and start using this as my primary phone :)

I've seen so many different links for tempered glass screen protectors on the thread but could someone post me a link to a good premium one?.. I don't think I'll get a case for it as I've never liked putting cases on my phone but I might get a dbrand skin for it instead to add some grip to the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

polaris68 wrote: »
    Question to those using this phone on Tesco mobile:

Has anyone figured out how to removed the persistent data roaming notification on the lockscreen and notification bar?

Data roaming notification is a pain but otherwise superb

Just wondering if anyone found a solution to the roaming notification? It's not even one that you can swipe away, which is a bit of a PITA?

Also, is anyone having trouble with the double-tap to wake up function? This doesn't work for me everytime.

corsav6 wrote:
    Mine arrived around 1am also, maybe there done in batches.

Mine just arrived this minute so maybe they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Have one on Tesco mobile for the past 2 weeks. No problems yet.

Cheers. Just bought this today, did you have to get a new sim card and how long did it take?

Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Mine just arrived this minute so maybe they are.

Mine arrived a short time ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

RainyDay wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone found a solution to the roaming notification? It's not even one that you can swipe away, which is a bit of a PITA?

Also, is anyone having trouble with the double-tap to wake up function? This doesn't work for me everytime.

It is a missed entry in framework-res.apk... If you're brave, you can mod it according to instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/mod-loose-roaming-r-mvno-home-network-t2969702

You could try playing with Xposed - there is a module "National Roaming" available there. But I am not sure how well it works with Lollipop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

grogi wrote: »
    It is a missed entry in framework-res.apk... If you're brave, you can mod it according to instructions in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/general/mod-loose-roaming-r-mvno-home-network-t2969702

You could try playing with Xposed - there is a module "National Roaming" available there. But I am not sure how well it works with Lollipop.

Don't bother, xposed slows down this phone no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Loving the phone; however I don't know if this is the phone but more probably Lollypop but when you press the application button it no longer brings up a menu in a webpage.

How do you lads share stuff on Twitter etc?

Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Tap three times on Android version brings up an android vs lollipop game lol

Tis quite difficult 😨😂😂😂

It's flappy bird. Impossible to have any success whatsoever in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

how does one take a screenshot please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭jgbyr

sweetie wrote: »
    how does one take a screenshot please?!

Volume down & power button together

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Selling mine on adverts if anyone is interested in saving few quid. Ad is pending at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Selling mine on adverts if anyone is interested in saving few quid. Ad is pending at moment

How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 philyb

What's the price

Advertisement