Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Oh me too! Really like the idea of a desert table for the drinks reception!

Thanks for the tips re the cake, have a simple a enough idea for decorating, must give it a practice run :)

Bought a sparkly belt from ebay, arrived today, wasn't holding out much hope for it, was only €35 from China but it's absolutely gorgeous, even nicer than the pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 poledancer

Hi to you all :)

I just got engaged last weekend :).. Eeek so happy :)
    We are hoping to get married next year if possible. Hopefully in the summer.

Not to sure if it's even realistic :(

Any advice on what to do first .. What I need to do and all that stuff..
    Bit overwhelmed with the idea of planning a wedding to be honest.

How exciting poledancer, congrats!!

First off you need to decide what type of wedding you want ie. Small/large, church civil, hotel/country manor, home/abroad & most importantly budget!

First book reception & ceremony, if your thinking humanistic ceremony I believe these book out fast! Then you can get onto bands, photographer, videographer... If you plan on having them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

I booked mine only this time last year and we got married in july. Decide on ceremony type first and the rest will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Bought a sparkly belt from ebay, arrived today, wasn't holding out much hope for it, was only €35 from China but it's absolutely gorgeous, even nicer than the pic!

hi shortstuff, can you PM me the ebay seller? I am struggling to find the type of belt I want for not Joanna Johnson money!

• Advertisement

Pm sent Lainey

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

brilliant thanks shortstuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Booked our celebrant and paid our venue deposit today, I am now a 2016 bride for August!

It will be small and not very traditional but I'm excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Booked our celebrant and paid our venue deposit today, I am now a 2016 bride for August!

It will be small and not very traditional but I'm excited :)
    Congrats princess peach :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My shoes arrived today. Amazing! Absolutely delighted with them :)

• Advertisement

Is anyone else doing shoes that are not white?
    I've got silver/grey ones from debenhams sale.
    http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_050010270597_-1
    To go with a t length dress.
    At the price I could still change my mind and get a different pair too hehe.
    Was looking at custom converse to change into for afters.

Sm213 mine are apple green or kermit green as my daughter called them!

Mine were gold. And i had a delicious pair of red suede chie miharas to change into when the feet got tired of the gold ones. Worn them both multiple times since too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I found a website, shoesofprey and you can design your own shoe!

I have a few shoe designs made already, just need to find my outfit to match :p

Wow have to have a look at that!

Dovies they sound great I love bright colours.

I actually went in to debs to look at the reduced toys and got distracted. They're super comfortable and as I'm tall enough I dont really wear heels but need them with my dress. I do love the vintage look to them. They're kind of perfect really. Won't stop me looking for more though. I do love shoes :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got mine made there :). They are purple silk. I love them!

Faith wrote: »
    I got mine made there :). They are purple silk. I love them!

How were the sizing? Worried about ordering on line & not fitting!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

How were the sizing? Worried about ordering on line & not fitting!

In truth, mine were a half a size too big, but I think that was my own fault! I wear a 6.5 or 7, but the sizes were European sizes. I guessed at a 40.5, based on their size guide, but I should have gone for a 40, or even 39.5 I think. So short answer is that I found the sizing a little generous. If you're between sizes, order down.

But they also have a 365-day return policy, and they'll refund you for the cost of postage on your next purchase :). Or you can do what I did and buy Sizers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 poledancer

Thanks shortstuff and fits :) .. I'm feeling a bit better now knowing it is possible and now that I know what I've to tackle first ...
    So it all begins :) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

I went for silver shoes too I can't wait to wear them they are so sparkly :)

http://www.kurtgeiger.eu/grind-silver-synthetic-38-carvela-kurt-geiger-shoe.html

I also got converse for afters but I customised them myself they aren't hard to do with cheap rhinestones and and a hotfix gun and some ribbon if your on a budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

hi ladies,

Have any of you got your bridesmaids sorted yet? I'm having one bridesmaid but so far not having much luck finding a nice dress for her. We're based in Dublin so suggestions welcome!

Also, how many different shades of white are there?! The search for a matching flower girl dress is getting ridiculous now. I bought two dresses neither of which match my dress so they look weird next to mine. When do communion dresses appear in the shops?!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

hi ladies,

Have any of you got your bridesmaids sorted yet? I'm having one bridesmaid but so far not having much luck finding a nice dress for her. We're based in Dublin so suggestions welcome!

Also, how many different shades of white are there?! The search for a matching flower girl dress is getting ridiculous now. I bought two dresses neither of which match my dress so they look weird next to mine. When do communion dresses appear in the shops?!

Debenhams is a popular choice for bridesmaids I got mine on ASOS and they are fabulous only problem is finding matching dresses for my junior bridesmaids also. I never thought finding two childs dresses would cause so much trouble but if you want anything other than white its nearly impossible! anyway try roco clothing for your flower girls they have a lot of really well priced white / ivory styles not sure when communion styles come out but I'd imagine it is early next year :)

Pamela Scott have lovely stuff too. A lot of it is quite Debsy but you may see something in there.

Re shoes: I got mine from Elegant steps - fabulous online but I went to their shop.

hi ladies,

If you have one bridesmaid buy in a sample sale. My bridesmaid got a beautiful silk dress for 65 euro in the suite! Fabric alone was worth more than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

hi ladies,

Also take a look at places that sell evening wear. I got my sisters navy lace dresses from Hose of Fraser. They cost less then most traditional bridesmaid dresses and they can wear them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. Haven't a clue how to multiple quote! I've looked in Debenhams but didn't see any we liked.

Never even thought of House of Fraser or Pamela Scott, thanks!

Found a place online called Dresscode that seem to have loads of styles and colours, anyone any experience of them?

Re shoes, I got flats in Korkys there a few weeks ago. Wasn't looking for them but spotted them in the window and they fitted perfectly.

http://www.korkys.ie/white-slip-on-pump-ett352-wht

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Went wedding dress shopping for the first time today. Think I fell in love with a dress... we haven't really discussed derss budgets yet, but I just know it's well over it, lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Went wedding dress shopping for the first time today. Think I fell in love with a dress... we haven't really discussed derss budgets yet, but I just know it's well over it, lol!

You'll find a way. Just make other things less of a priority

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

You'll find a way. Just make other things less of a priority

I really don't know about that! The band we ended up falling in love with was about €500 over projected budget, and at €2300 the dress is nearly €1000 more than I'd anticipated paying in my own head :( so I guess it's time to start playing the lotto :P

• Advertisement

I really don't know about that! The band we ended up falling in love with was about €500 over projected budget, and at €2300 the dress is nearly €1000 more than I'd anticipated paying in my own head :( so I guess it's time to start playing the lotto :P

You might be able to save 1500 in other areas.

Advertisement