Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mlfaw

Oh and if I accept Pharmacy at RCSI do I still have an oppurtunity to get Galway if it goes down, or do I not get anymore offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 briosca

OMGeary wrote: »
    Anyone going trinity ?

Yes!!! Me!! Started sobbing when I opened CAO. Didn't know if I was going to get med never mind my first offer I am so so happy

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

briosca wrote: »
    Yes!!! Me!! Started sobbing when I opened CAO. Didn't know if I was going to get med never mind my first offer I am so so happy

Know the feeling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

mlfaw wrote: »
    Oh and if I accept Pharmacy at RCSI do I still have an oppurtunity to get Galway if it goes down, or do I not get anymore offers?

Yes, you may still be offered Galway as a higher preference

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thebabyjesus

I have 723 but still have no offer from nuig med :-(

• Advertisement

Random selection ****ed you over

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mlfaw

Unfortunately it's conditional 723 meaning that for those who got 723 a lottery based system was conducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Juicystar11

I've 720 :'( Is there any hope for me? Congratulations to everyone who's been offered a place !

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Reckon I'll accept RCSI, 2 points off Trinity though. Any chance it'll go down next round(s)? Best wishes to all
    with the additional rounds trinity went down 2 points last year so there's a good chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegal262

Congratulations you guys !! Have either of you received a trinity number to apply for halls? (Panic has insued)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

Anyone remember the points for medicine last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

I've 720 :'( Is there any hope for me? Congratulations to everyone who's been offered a place !

For this year? Hold out for later rounds - last year RCSI dropped by 3 points, who knows this year...

mlfaw wrote:
    Does no one read the cao book?! If you are offered courses higher up on your list in subsequent rounds you will be able to accept them even if you accepted pharmacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

I'm unbelievably jealous of yous, congrats!!

I fúcked myself over last year and I missed out on med, despite having 749 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

with the additional rounds trinity went down 2 points last year so there's a good chance :)

Haha you again keep on giving me hope :) cheers

donegal262 wrote: »
    Congratulations you guys !! Have either of you received a trinity number to apply for halls? (Panic has insued)

Nope, I fortunately live a short dart ride away

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dasey

OMGeary wrote: »
    Anyone going trinity ?

Meeeeee!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 briosca

donegal262 wrote: »

Yeah they sent it in an email before offers came out :) Subject titled "Portal Log in For CAO Applicants"

Yeah they sent it in an email before offers came out :) Subject titled "Portal Log in For CAO Applicants"

its down until 9 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 wynol

anyone hear back from nuig yet? when will we know if we got the 5 yr or 6 yr ahh!!! and congratulations to everyone!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

wynol wrote: »
    anyone hear back from nuig yet? when will we know if we got the 5 yr or 6 yr ahh!!! and congratulations to everyone!!!!!!

Spoke to a lady on the phone last week and she said you'll know after everyone has accepted their offer and then it'll be decided based on merit.
    Can't wait to see you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Honestly am shocked by the points increase, also with UCD being 3 ahead of TCD!

Who here is going to NUIG??:pac:;)

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    I'm unbelievably jealous of yous, congrats!!

I fúcked myself over last year and I missed out on med, despite having 749 points.

What happened?

Gallagher1 wrote:
    Honestly am shocked by the points increase, also with UCD being 3 ahead of TCD!
    same, and there was both of us predicting a drop of 1-3 points :confused: and i have no clue why ucd is suddenly so much higher than trinity. Wonder what led to the increased demand?

same, and there was both of us predicting a drop of 1-3 points :confused: and i have no clue why ucd is suddenly so much higher than trinity. Wonder what led to the increased demand?

It's been happening the last couple of years, UCD points creeping up on TCD. I honestly think it might be that people are actually going to see UCD more nowadays and are more impressed with it. I remember going to the TCD open day expecting so much but actually couldn't wait to get out of the place..Still though 3 points is a relatively big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

mhf55 wrote: »
    What happened?

Errr in a big panic the 1st of July, I quickly changed my CAO, to science courses, because I thought I'd fúcked up the LC.

Aaaaannndddd so it turned out that I didn't actually feck it up, as I ended up with 555 points in the LC and a score of 194 in the HPAT (98th percentile last year). :rolleyes:

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Errr in a big panic the 1st of July, I quickly changed my CAO, to science courses, because I thought I'd fúcked up the LC.

Aaaaannndddd so it turned out that I didn't actually feck it up, as I ended up with 555 points in the LC and a score of 194 in the HPAT (98th percentile last year). :rolleyes:

Oh no I think that's everyone's worst nightmare! And did you try for it again this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Emmp21

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    Who here is going to NUIG??:pac:;)

I am!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement