Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm still going to bank.
    If Walcott doesn't start next week, I can get rid with 2 free transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

SlickRic wrote: »
    Walcott probably has to go.

I may wildcard. Sanchez and Aguero will be back and I can't do a lot without a -8. I really was banking on Walcott starting the season as first choice.

I don't think he HAS to go. He's a top fantasy asset. And I wouldn't wildcard if it's only a minus 8 you need. At least 12 before you consider it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

spock. wrote: »
    I'm still going to bank.
    If Walcott doesn't start next week, I can get rid with 2 free transfers.

Also looking at banking. Happy enough with my team for next week. I think I'll be going with the same XI incl Theo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Darmian in.

Why would you do this with united keepers situation in a mess and there defence in a heap.Spurs where very weak yesterday ,that game on thursday didnt help them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

PVA -> Cedric could be a thing

A bit of a trend I have with RB's going 3 seasons now in the first GW

2 years ago: Consider Coleman, don't get him and he scores
    1 Year: Bench Clyne, he scores
    This year: Consider Cedric, assist so far

I'll wait though and see, other things could take precedence yet and he could yet get sent off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'll wait though and see, other things could take precedence yet and he could yet get sent off :pac:

Take it back immediately ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I don't think he HAS to go. He's a top fantasy asset. And I wouldn't wildcard if it's only a minus 8 you need. At least 12 before you consider it imo

Walcott is top fantasy football heartbreak.
    I got him in with the January wildcard last season and persisted with him for weeks on end. A few minutes here and there got me a whopping 6 points over 8 games (admittedly he did have 1 great return in there too t bring it to a more respectale 19 over 10 games), meanwhile Ozil and Cazorla ran rampant in the same period.
    Never again. I can get 2 points per game from someone like Lucas or Matic for a lot less cash.
    I'll stick with Ramsey, nearly always plays and has a habit of picking up undeserved points.

Eh, most of the people on here have probably considered all of the players who've scored for GW1. Considered means nothing. You either have them or you don't.

Eh, most of the people on here have probably considered all of the players who've scored for GW1. Considered means nothing. You either have them or you don't.

Eh, I'm simply making a point that I didn't trust my gut and I should have. I obviously didn't have them and such is life. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

• Advertisement

With such a dearth of clean sheets this week I'm a bit more relaxed about the cheap defence than yesterday the more I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

I considered having Richards ahead of Coates on my bench; now with the no show from Taylor, I've got -1 coming off the bench instead of 8... I should really reconsider my considerations

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

With such a dearth of clean sheets this week I'm a bit more relaxed about the cheap defence than yesterday the more I think about it.

I went the area their way Cedric, azpi and darmian has worked well do far. If it carries on like yesterday though cheap does seem the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Why would you do this with united keepers situation in a mess and there defence in a heap.Spurs where very weak yesterday ,that game on thursday didnt help them.

Don't see Villa scoring against us Friday. Romero's shot stopping was solid yesterday despite some very shaky distribution. The only negative thing about the defence is Blind (which will be tidied up when Rojo gets back to fitness) Darmian has the chance to get some assists and bonus points.

Biggest regret of the season so far is swapping Darmian for Mert last minute but its a long way to go and I wont be wasting a transfer to undo that just yet.
    Think Mata out for Mahrez will be my most likely move. Frees up the funds for Aguero in GW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

strongly considering theo to payet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    strongly considering theo to payet

Think a lot will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Might get rid of Cedric. Doesn't sound like he was good defensively which I'm not sure Koeman will accept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Walcott has to go. Either Ayew or Payet to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Walcott has to go. Either Ayew or Payet to come in.

I don't really see what has changed between now and yesterday regarding Walcott as to why people want him out - There was always the risk he wouldn't start. He is FF Gold, and he's only played about 30 mins of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't really see what has changed between now and yesterday regarding Walcott as to why people want him out - There was always the risk he wouldn't start. He is FF Gold, and he's only played about 30 mins of the match.

Yep, after todays cluster**** you'd think he's bound to start next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

severely tempted to get Payet in, probably for Ozil. Giroud should do me for Arsenal attacking coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ace2007 wrote: »

Honestly, I was taken in by the whole "Arsene always starts with the same team from the community shield" arguement. I also did not expect Sanchez to be back so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Like most people ive had a nightmare of a weekend. 23 with sterling and Milner to play.

Courtois red, Bellerin and Walcott didn't even ****ing start. As an arsenal fan I'm disgusted with that performance today but things can't get much worse that that. Although a buoyant CP away next week will be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Walcott out for Mahrez I think. One could drop in price and the other will definitely rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Walcott out for Mahrez I think. One could drop in price and the other will definitely rise.
    It will go that way I think. Still wouldn't fancy Leicester to score many in the next 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

looking at west hams fixtures in almost certain I'll go Walcott to payet
    1.5ml closer to aguero!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Anyone else doing Walcott to Depay? He wasn't great yesterday but United have good fixtures coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I've never pulled a WC trigger very early on but I'm tempted just to make some changes and be done with it.

Advertisement