Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I'm thinking of doing the same Ace 2007.
    The back 3 will have to be ever vigilant next week with no feckin keeper behind them:)

My keepers are Courtois and Schwarzer...and have zero in bank(have Aguero.

Way I see it its unlikely that any keeper will actually give you a net gain on pts for the week,Courtois a season keeper for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Is the site showing 0 transfers in/out for everyone ? no way 3million people are waiting to make transfers ! Richie out for a palace player but ill need to wait a week to free up money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Is the site showing 0 transfers in/out for everyone ? no way 3million people are waiting to make transfers ! Richie out for a palace player but ill need to wait a week to free up money

Was showing them when I was on about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Collie D wrote: »
    Was showing them when I was on about an hour ago

Still the same for me . showing last seasons points totals too. that section is usually up to date . Annoying !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I want to get mahrez in. I already have vardy and Morgan from Leicester but I completely forgot that I had also had schwarzer as my 4.0 keeper.

Speaking of keepers, like many I got stung with the courtois red.

So I took a 4 point hit already and did schwarzer to gomez, and ritchie to mahrez. I'm already on that slippery slope after only half a gw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If you've identified Courtois as the the goalkeeper you want to have, are you really going to let a one game ban change that? If I were you I'd switch Hennessy to McCarthy and play him next week. Getting in Romero is a bad idea while the transfer window is still open, as anything could happen with the United goalkeeper situation.

Wasn't it a straight red:confused:

Didn't watch the game, but he is banned until 23/08 according to fpl site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

wonski wrote: »
    Wasn't it a straight red:confused:

Didn't watch the game, but he is banned until 23/08 according to fpl site.

A straight red doesn't mean a 3 match ban. It depends what it's for. It's only 3 games if it's violent conduct.

A 'last man' red card is a 1 game ban unless it is also considered violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Ritchie out for Mahrez. Ritchie fluffed a lot of shots/passes and I might get some price rises going with Mahrez by the tone of motd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hope to bank this week's transfer but we'll see what the rest of this GW brings first. Have Mahrez so I'm ahead of the masses there. Hopefully my remaining players all start and avoid giving me a reason to transfer them out and hopefully no one not in my team(Aguero) goes nuts necessitating a move on my part.

Happy enough to give Ritchie another week (on the bench this time), and although my 4.5m quadruplets at the back look ropey enough I'll give them another GW to prove themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

need to get Courtois out as I bet on the wrong palace 4.0 GK - probably dropping to a 4.5 GK for a few weeks (Ruddy I'm thinking short term)

depending on how monday goes; may have to take treble hit to get Aguero in.

Would have to drop Silva
    and probably Rooney-but can always see him scoring big against Villa & Newcastle.

Anyone that watched the united game- Depay, Mata or even Young, who looked the most involved? have 8.5 for a MF that way. or could abandon united for a week.

Could possibly drop Benteke/Silva and
    get Aguero and one of Mahrez(before possible price rises), Ibe (if he plays tomorrow :confused:) or Young with a 6.5 budget.

Any suggestions if I'm to get Aguero in.?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 24 Hours From Tulsa

Banking it, and will use a -4 in GW3 to allow me 3 transfers

Plan is Walcott/Lukaku/Benteke out for Cazorla/Aguero/Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What site are people using for price predictions this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Banking it, and will use a -4 in GW3 to allow me 3 transfers

Plan is Walcott/Lukaku/Benteke out for Cazorla/Aguero/Mahrez

Hope u have extra money put aside as mahrez and aguero will both prob rise at keast .2 or .3 by then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If i have No injuries I'll bank it. Would've been nice to have stuck with mahrez over Ritchie but no point in kneejerking now.

Planning on keeping my FT barring a serious injury today.

I'm a bit worried having Targett, Mings and Coates that I could end up with only 2 defenders but will hold off until closer to the deadline as I only have the cash for a 4.5 defender anyway and none jump out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Defence a bit of a nightmare....

Distin (bench) - annoying
    Paredes (bench) - annoying as started almost every game last season
    Bassong (ok)
    Morgan (ok)
    Jones - hauled off & now worried he'll be dropped for Matthews

My only planned transfer was Naismith (one week disaster punt) to Sahko.

Not so sure now but dont want to take a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Benimar wrote: »
    Planning on keeping my FT barring a serious injury today.

I'm a bit worried having Targett, Mings and Coates that I could end up with only 2 defenders but will hold off until closer to the deadline as I only have the cash for a 4.5 defender anyway and none jump out at me.

Micah Richards - 8 point start?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

banking it barring injuries to mane or Walcott (or him not starting maybe) in which case I may consider Cabaye for his 2 home games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If i have No injuries I'll bank it. Would've been nice to have stuck with mahrez over Ritchie but no point in kneejerking now.

It's a long season. Ritchie could still outscore Mahrez. When ulloa is back, mahrez is off penalties whereas Ritchie is on set pieces for Bournemouth.

Don't fancy Villa defensively at all. Have Man U on Friday night, and Villa always fold like a pack of cards to them. Haven't beaten Man U at home since 1995!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sherwood teams are historically poor at the back.

Villa won't play Bournemouth every week either. They were lucky to sneak the win yesterday. Bournemouth should have scored at least once.

I can see a Richards bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lemlin wrote: »
    What site are people using for price predictions this year?

Will start with fpl statistics hopefully not too many changes on last years formula!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was going to bank but Walcott may have to go straight away, can't be wondering if a 9 million player is going to be starting every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Lads would you wildcard this team?
    Courtois (suspended)
    Morgan
    Kolarov
    Bellerín (not playing)
    Fab
    Depay
    Walcott ( benched)
    Mane
    Sakho
    Kane
    Rooney
    Subs

Hennessey
    Williams
    DarrenFletcher
    Taylor.
    Already have Romero in for Courtois. Could field Williams Fletcher and captain
    Kane but getting very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

patmac wrote: »
    Courtois (suspended)
    Morgan
    Kolarov
    Bellerín (not playing)
    Fab
    Depay
    Walcott ( benched)
    Mane
    Sakho
    Kane
    Rooney
    Subs

Hennessey
    Williams
    DarrenFletcher
    Taylor.

Nope

Courtois (suspended)
    Morgan
    Kolarov
    Bellerín (not playing)
    Fab
    Depay
    Walcott ( benched)
    Mane
    Sakho
    Kane
    Rooney
    Subs

Hennessey
    Williams
    DarrenFletcher
    Taylor.

Not a hope I'd wildcard that. Bellerin could be back next week, Giroud could get injured in the first 5 minutes today and Walcott is back in.
    It's only GW1, let it play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Courtois (suspended)
    Morgan
    Kolarov
    Bellerín (not playing)
    Fab
    Depay
    Walcott ( benched)
    Mane
    Sakho
    Kane
    Rooney
    Subs

Hennessey
    Williams
    DarrenFletcher
    Taylor.

no but you may need your all out attack chip cos Taylor is not starting today either

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Courtois (suspended)
    Morgan
    Kolarov
    Bellerín (not playing)
    Fab
    Depay
    Walcott ( benched)
    Mane
    Sakho
    Kane
    Rooney
    Subs

Hennessey
    Williams
    DarrenFletcher
    Taylor.

I think you could paper over the cracks with a 4 point hit. I would have waited for news on Romero/De Gea/new signings before making that transfer. And I have Romero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Will bench Courtios and play Casper S...
    Might leave my transfer and switch to a 3-4-3 giving me two free transfers GW3 to bring in Kun and Cayabe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Walcott probably has to go.

I may wildcard. Sanchez and Aguero will be back and I can't do a lot without a -8. I really was banking on Walcott starting the season as first choice.

Advertisement