Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭evd

shmeee wrote: »
    Got word for Marnane's earlier in the week.

Have confidently backed it e/w @ 9/1. Fair price.

Which race??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

evd wrote: »
    Which race is Marnanes in lads??

5.45 Galway.
    Mr. Michael

9/1 best price, I was just coming on to post some word about it and nice to see the 2 lads have already mentioned it.

248a149cb6e27b15042e0ea305a4e75d.png

PS. A Classic Tony Martin gamble going on in the 8.00, 7/1 into 5/2. Form reads 00-009

Value well and truly gone on it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

PS. A Classic Tony Martin gamble going on in the 8.00, 7/1 into 5/2. Form reads 00-009

Seen that. 7s was a bit stuffy as it was, 5/2 is getting into the realms of insanity.

Just hoping it gets me a decent price on the Sheila Lavery runner - sadly none of the firms willing to push anything out against it yet

Seen that. 7s was a bit stuffy as it was, 5/2 is getting into the realms of insanity.

Just hoping it gets me a decent price on the Sheila Lavery runner - sadly none of the firms willing to push anything out against it yet

When I seen it @ 5/2 I said it surely opened at double figures at least with a quick look at form. But the bookies don't give away too much.

Like yourself now, I was hopping it would put some value in the other runners but nothing yet.

The best book is @ 128% FFS like. Bookies being tight, take Goodwood tomorrow, the highest best book there is 118% but at least they are pushing out some runners when others take cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The best book is @ 128% FFS like. .

128% is not bad by Irish standards
    The Guinness Hurdle today was 141%

I'm sure there was one earlier this week that was around 160%

CH3OH wrote: »

I know Irish books are awful in general and as you said some of the big races in particular, but not one horse is pushed out here in the 8.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

If i bought a horse De Bromhead would surely be on my list of trainers to send it to.

I know one of the lads that has a share in Damesfirth and he treats them really well
    comes across very well in his interviews too.

Was in a syndicate with him and the information about the horse was ****e and late, when it finally won the update was no more positive than any of the horses **** performances and the price was gone before we got the info.

In three years I got to see the horse in his yard once

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Shemale wrote: »
    Was in a syndicate with him and the information about the horse was ****e and late, when it finally won the update was no more positive than any of the horses **** performances and the price was gone before we got the info.

In three years I got to see the horse in his yard once

Sorry to hear that Shemale, i was only going on what ive heard from that member of the Damesfirth syndicate

Riviera Sun looks very interesting in the first, I was very taken by his last run, I think he could be quite useful and 11/2 looks way too tasty.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Shemale, i was only going on what ive heard from that member of the Damesfirth syndicate

No bother, just throwing in my two cents. Can't fault him as a trainer, his chasers are always impeccable jumpers.

Left the syndicate after his win, had bets ranging from €80 to €300 in his first few races, the update was so low key I only put €20 on him.

Henry sent two to the races that day, both won, nice double landed for the yard meanwhile I am down the guts of €4,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Up 40 points this week, let the luck continue!

Connecticut 2.00
    Convey 2.35
    Golden Spear 6.50
    Dea Dia 8.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Backed from 16s into 6s the last day and won poorly

No surprise the bookies arent taking chances, especially being Breslin owned

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shemale wrote: »
    Riviera Sun looks very interesting in the first, I was very taken by his last run, I think he could be quite useful and 11/2 looks way too tasty.
    Think it has a great chance but will take the bigger odds of 25/1 on Tribes And Banner as an each way shot. This one has a decently low handicap rating, will appreciate the good ground and has always put in decent performances at Galway. Hopefully the showers don't lead to any easing of the ground as I reckon this one should come on nicely from the run it had last month.

Pictogram has the outstanding breeding of any horse in the 7:25, but am going to take the bigger odds of 7/2 that are available on Van Schaick. It has shown some nice and steady improvement since its debut. First time application of blinkers is very telling and suggests maybe that a little extra can be gotten out of this horse, which might be enough to see it to victory today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Backed from 16s into 6s the last day and won poorly

No surprise the bookies arent taking chances, especially being Breslin owned

Missed the boat on this one. The missus does business with John's brother Michael and he said to back Tudor City this week wherever he ends up. Went out for a few pints last night and missed the price. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I'd give Seefood an each say chance with conditions to suit in the third. 25/1 five places with a good claimer

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Missed the boat on this one. The missus does business with John's brother Michael and he said to back Tudor City this week wherever he ends up. Went out for a few pints last night and missed the price. :(
    Hope it gets stuffed, can never catch Toady Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Hope it gets stuffed, can never catch Toady Martin.

Yeah he's some snake. They should get some money out of it though as most places were offering 1/4 odds first four so they should be looking at a nice e/w payout at the least if their confidence is justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

CH3OH wrote: »

Please excuse my ignorance, but (genuine question) what does all that mean - the percentages? I've seen percentages quoted on ATR and haven't a clue what it means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Riviera Sun and Clondaw Warrior for me today.

Also backed Lady Clair at Thirsk at 11/10. She didn't beat much on her debut but the way travelled and quickened was very impressive, she's still entered in the Lowther and is well thought of. I think she'll hack up off an opening mark of 77.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Please excuse my ignorance, but (genuine question) what does all that mean - the percentages? I've seen percentages quoted on ATR and haven't a clue what it means.

Here's a link that might explain it

http://www.bettingmarket.com/overround.htm

On betfair the book is always very close to 100%

The higher the % , the higher the potential bookie profit subject to him balancing the book

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Think it has a great chance but will take the bigger odds of 25/1 on Tribes And Banner as an each way shot. This one has a decently low handicap rating, will appreciate the good ground and has always put in decent performances at Galway. Hopefully the showers don't lead to any easing of the ground as I reckon this one should come on nicely from the run it had last month.

It's pouring rain all morning...I'd say it's down for the day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Put simply if the book is 130% you'd need to stake 130 to get 100 if spread across all the runners. Effectively margin on the book (there are people here who can explain it much better)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickey1979

Be fair Irish Racing needs big percentages due to the large amount of non-triers also we have serious offers in comparison to an English betting shops. 5 places in some big Sat Handicaps. 1/4 the odds and BPG. Paddy Power and Boyles do some offers

It's pouring rain all morning...I'd say it's down for the day too.
    I know - I opened my big mouth and the drizzle turned heavier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Johner wrote: »

Also backed Lady Clair at Thirsk at 11/10. She didn't beat much on her debut but the way travelled and quickened was very impressive, she's still entered in the Lowther and is well thought of. I think she'll hack up off an opening mark of 77.

Geraghty will be gunning for a win today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Johner wrote: »

Agree with you on Lady Clair also think Latharnach 2.35 Good. and Fadhayil 4.55 Good will make up a short priced treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Bets for today:

5:45 Mr Michael
    6:50 Golden Spear
    8:30 Certerach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Surely Weld will have a few winners tonight. Unlikely to be any value though. I think the 7:25 and 8:30 are the most likely though he could sneak a treble. Of the others who'd be most likely do ye reckon?

Advertisement