Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I used Irish Pride slimsters as burger buns. Well worth 5 syns. I try not to eat a HEX B on those days to double up on bread too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I had my SW class on Thursday and was up 1.5lbs though I expected to be up more. I had teenage nieces staying with me for over a week and I took them out most days so ended up having an extra treat most times but think it was mostly down to not writing down exactly what I had to keep an accurate track of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Anyone recommend a nice chocolatey cereal bar under 4, 4.5 syns? I'm nearly out of hifi bars and won't have a chance to get them til Wednesday so might as well try something new, not really a fan of the Aldi Benefit bars, anyone tried the Alpen light bars?
    Edit: doesn't need to be a B choice

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Are baked beans in tomato sauce not a speed food? Doesn't have the S beside it online! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

The Alpen light Chocolate fudge and double chocolate bars are fab, I quite like the weetabix oaty bars too, especially the toffee dazzler and they're only 3.5 syns, the Alpen light are 3 syns each as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

highly1111 wrote: »
    Are baked beans in tomato sauce not a speed food? Doesn't have the S beside it online! Thanks

Think they're a P food, loads of protein in beans but there wouldn't be enough in the tomato sauce to make them an S food

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Alpen light Chocolate fudge and double chocolate bars are fab, I quite like the weetabix oaty bars too, especially the toffee dazzler and they're only 3.5 syns, the Alpen light are 3 syns each as far as I know

Thank you! I like my little chocolate hit of an evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

This is day 3 of attempting to drink 2 litres of water a day. Yesterday I managed a 5K run in a time of 33 mins 17 seconds. Hopefully the more I do it, the faster I will become.

I will go out for another run tomorrow and do another 5K :) I am still trying to fine tune my running schedule since finishing the couch to 5k... figure out how many days to do etc.

How are we all doing?

I'm down 6lbs this week!! That's 9.5lbs in two weeks!! Utterly amazing!! I'm delighted - I would have been happy with 2lbs this week. However I weighed in at a class this morning before breakfast as I'm working tonight. I also couldn't stay for the meeting as I had the 3 kids with me and they were kicking off - gutted because I got slimmer of the week too - but that's just a small cloud around a huge silver lining!!

Also, if anyone has any idea how many syns are in sushi? We're heading for sushi this weekend. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm down 6lbs this week!! That's 9.5lbs in two weeks!! Utterly amazing!! I'm delighted - I would have been happy with 2lbs this week. However I weighed in at a class this morning before breakfast as I'm working tonight. I also couldn't stay for the meeting as I had the 3 kids with me and they were kicking off - gutted because I got slimmer of the week too - but that's just a small cloud around a huge silver lining!!

Also, if anyone has any idea how many syns are in sushi? We're heading for sushi this weekend. Thanks

Well done!!

It's 1.5 syns per 100g :) I have some diy sushi for my lunch today lol

• Advertisement

That's amazing, well done! Super result! :eek::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Half stone award and slimmer of the week, nice!

And to think you were disappointed last week! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Damn the person who brought celebrations and heroes into work today!!! 45 - 57 calories each!! Should have checked before I wolfed down 10 of them!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Monife wrote: »
    Damn the person who brought celebrations and heroes into work today!!! 45 - 57 calories each!! Should have checked before I wolfed down 10 of them!!! :(

The person was no hero as their were no celebrations to be had :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Enjoying this thread. Have bit the bullet and signed up for SW. I had previously tried on line member ship but I need to be weighed in and be under pressure I think. Have a lot to lose but going to aim for 7lbs at a time. Thanks to everyone for their excellent contributions to this thread which is so informative

Jo33 wrote: »
    Enjoying this thread. Have bit the bullet and signed up for SW. I had previously tried on line member ship but I need to be weighed in and be under pressure I think. Have a lot to lose but going to aim for 7lbs at a time. Thanks to everyone for their excellent contributions to this thread which is so informative

Welcome to the thread and best of luck with SW :) That is what I did, have mini targets and focus on those, helps keep you on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Monife wrote: »

Funny we had a few visitors overs today and none of them brought sweets! We were giving out at the time but it was probably for the best!!

Down 2.5 this week but I'm having one loss a month the last whole so don't want to get too excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I have not been posting here for a while. In the last 2 weight in I was up 5.5 lbs.
    To be honest the 1st week I had 2 days that I was away. I was eating a lot of choclate, crisps ect. The 2nd weight in I had my star week and I had been eating a lot of the wrong foods.
    So after I decided to plan what I was going to eat this week and did some shopping. I have had a good week so hopefully I will be down at weigh in time.

I had lost a little over 3 stone before this so I don't want to go back to where I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Made cauliflower pizza today as I have really been missing pizza a lot. It was actually pretty good, I put plenty of herbs and spices in the base and for the most part I wasn't even really able to taste the cauliflower. Only cost me 2 and half syns for 30g of Mozzarella! Really filling too.

I am really going to have to be more adventurous with my meals, I have slipped in to the routine of having the same foods... I will have to make a list tonight of meals that I can cook and start putting some order into lunches & dinners. I am not the best cook so I like simple meals. I have got so lazy :(

• Advertisement

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Made cauliflower pizza today as I have really been missing pizza a lot. It was actually pretty good, I put plenty of herbs and spices in the base and for the most part I wasn't even really able to taste the cauliflower. Only cost me 2 and half syns for 30g of Mozzarella! Really filling too.

Can you please tell me what you did? I love pizza and have been missing it.

Off to a bbq tomorrow night. Texted my friend and asked her if I could bring some steaks and baked spuds. I'm also going to put some baby tomatoes on the bbq - use them with the spud so its not dry. I've some gorgeous steaks in the freezer. I'll then have some wine which I'll use today and tomorrows syns for.

Plan for today is - fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. A large ham salad sambo for lunch with more fruit and then tonight I'm going to have sw carbonara which will be 2syns for the cheese - with lots of veggies.

Was at a work thing last night and despite eating before it went on hours and I ended up having a tuna mayo with cucumber sambo (brown) and about 6 crips. There was butter on the sambo so no doubt it was my daily syn allowance (and more!) I hate not been in control of my food - however much of a freak I may sound - I love a glass of wine and would much rather have had access to fruit then a sambo! I'll loosen up when the time is ready but this is all so new to me I want to really get used to seeing what works and get into habits and more organised before I go back to work full time in sept (I'm a teacher). I've also made the ham and mushroom muffins this am for syn free snacks and I've loads of fruit it. Off to aldi now as out of slimline milk and I need a few other bits. I still haven't figured out yet if I'm saving or spending more on our food shop. Buying a huge amount of stuff I never bought before but then also not buying loads!

Sorry for the long post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've made "pizza" out of a Healthy B wraps before, either the B Free gluten-free or the purple WW ones are suitable. Tomato purée with herbs and spices, Healthy A light cheese, peppers, ham and mushrooms. Delicious!

I tried a pizza before made from wraps, utterly horrible so I have learnt to live without it lol! It was so thin and just tasted nothing like one lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm trying an egg pizza tonight!

Lightly whisk three eggs, and pop in the pan as if you were going to make an omelette.

Once cooked, put some tomato puree on top, your desired toppings, some mozarella or cheddar (healthy A choice or syn it), pop under the grill, and grill til the cheese melts

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

dcfc91 wrote: »

Good on ya, I love cauliflower pizza :D
    Made it myself last night, but couldnt get it off the baking paper. So it became a calzone :pac:
    Yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Vahevala wrote: »
    I tried a pizza before made from wraps, utterly horrible so I have learnt to live without it lol! It was so thin and just tasted nothing like one lol

I'm not a mad fan of doughy pizza base so I thought it was grand, the fakeaway book has a recipe for low-syn pizza base which is more like the real thing

14m5chg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

A pitta bread could be used as a pizza base if you want it a bit thicker or you could get the gluten free bases in Tesco (http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=260606024), 11.5 syns for half the base and have it with a big salad if you have a real hankering for pizza.

Or Goodfellas delizia range from 18-22 syns, again, half with a salad would be nice for a treat or SW chips and SW coleslaw :)

Thanks :) I think I have just decided to go Pizza less for ever more... I can't eat cheese so I can't buy packaged ones.

I am quite happy with my homemade burger, sw chips & steamed veg.. I have that after weigh in every week and love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hi guys,

Could someone explain the S/P days to me. Can you sue your syns on these days, or is it just your SP foods.
    What do people eat on these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

I cheated last weekend and had a real pizza.Enjoyed it but so wasn't worth it. I had a pain in my stomach for two days after . A pain I haven't had since starting slimmingworld. I won't be doing it again any time soon. Weigh day tomorrow, very nervous this week, don't feel like I've lost an ounce. I'm down 2st3lb now, and with a wedding next weekend I'd say I'll still be this weight in two weeks time lol. Any tips for surviving a wedding without blowing it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement