Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DC cinematic universe general stuff

Options

Comments

Where did you hear the news about Amell being included in the DC movie universe..?
    its a good idea, he´s a great Green Arrow, and privately has made himself accessible to the yank fanbase through Twitter and the WWF... smart move, Stephen...

He's spoke about it a few times but has said that it would be 5 or 6 years away. Supposedly him and Geoff Jones talk about the direction of the character and how he fits into the bigger world. Not seen much of Arrow but personally I like keeping the films and TV as separate entities. I don't want to go see a film and then find out that in order to properly follow the story I have to watch some TV beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Rumours circulating that Affleck may be directing the next standalone Batman movie, with the script being penned by Chris Terrio (Argo).

Will take that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Matt Damon for Robin. ;)

Manu Bennett was excellent as Deathstroke in Arrow, would love to see him do a cameo in Suicide Squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chris Pine being lined up to be the Next Green Lantern not Steve Trevor.......Maybe.

http://collider.com/green-lantern-reboot-to-star-chris-pine-as-hal-jordan/

Tyrese Gibson doing a Vin Diesel

https://instagram.com/p/4ZoRuaIZpS/

Tyrese Gibson doing a Vin Diesel

https://instagram.com/p/4ZoRuaIZpS/

John Stewart Green Lantern movie would be awesome, need Hal Jordon and Guy Gardner one first though. Vin Diesel would make a great Sinestro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

No more CGI masks for GL dc pls, thnx

They really ****ed up though. They had a great Hal in Reynolds, why not just learn from first film and move on, did not need a reboot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

They really ****ed up though. They had a great Hal in Reynolds, why not just learn from first film and move on, did not need a reboot

With Reynolds being Deadpool, I assume he can't also be Green Lantern (well, he could, but not likely to get both gigs) so if they have to replace the actor they may as well try and get it right with a reboot.

Not sure it will go any better, his power will generally look crap, imo.

As in they should not have let him go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

With Reynolds being Deadpool, I assume he can't also be Green Lantern (well, he could, but not likely to get both gigs) so if they have to replace the actor they may as well try and get it right with a reboot.

Was X-Men origins not before Green Lantern? Surely he would have signed a multi picture deal with Fox, which DC/WB would have known before signing him for GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Te Deadpool movie has nothing to do with X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It came about because Reynolds wanted the role and worked hard to get it made. He's notoriously not a fan of how Deadpool was handled in that movie and wants to put it right.

I am probably one of the very few people who liked the Green Lantern movie (I mean, it pretty much sucked for 90% of the time but it had some great elements) and I loved Reynolds as Hal Jordan but, I reckon I'd rather have him as Deadpool than GL.

I agree with whoever said his powers will look pretty crappy on screen. Some of the stuff in the last movie looked so dodgey...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Te Deadpool movie has nothing to do with X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It came about because Reynolds wanted the role and worked hard to get it made. He's notoriously not a fan of how Deadpool was handled in that movie and wants to put it right.

But there had been talk of a solo Deadpool outing before GL. It doesn't really matter at this point anyway because his GL will never get a sequel, that film was good but way too kiddy. I probably would've loved it when I was 5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Maybe not the right thread, but don't think this warrants one of its own!

Watched the animated 'Batman: Under the Red Hood' a while back and quite enjoyed it. Figured there must be more cartoony Batmans or Supermans out there - could anyone here recommend anything? Not really mad into the cartoons, but I liked the dark tone, don't really want anything that's for kids.

All recommendations welcome - even/especially series of them :)

Edit: If it's on Netflix, all the better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I think this is the right place to post his. Anyone know the chronology of the Suicide Squad & Dawn of Justice ?

In the DoJ trailer there's Robin's Graffitti suit. Is it too much of a reach to think that SS is after this fact ?

Batman-v-Superman-SDCC-trailer-1-1940x847.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

SS takes place after BvS. But apparently (maybe?) both will have flashbacks to The Joker/Batman/Robin incedent

Maybe not the right thread, but don't think this warrants one of its own!

Watched the animated 'Batman: Under the Red Hood' a while back and quite enjoyed it. Figured there must be more cartoony Batmans or Supermans out there - could anyone here recommend anything? Not really mad into the cartoons, but I liked the dark tone, don't really want anything that's for kids.

All recommendations welcome - even/especially series of them :)

Edit: If it's on Netflix, all the better :pac:

I'm too lazy to type them all out. But this album on imgur is a great list on animated movies ( DC and some Marvel). Unfortunately I think DC movies are gone from Netflix

Imgur Movies list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I'm too lazy to type them all out. But this album on imgur is a great list on animated movies ( DC and some Marvel). Unfortunately I think DC movies are gone from Netflix

Imgur Movies list

Thanks appreciate it, that list will do the job! Looking forward to them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thanks appreciate it, that list will do the job! Looking forward to them now.

Skip that fecking list and watch Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Then go watch the films on the list.

How those 2 films are missing from the list is crazy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

SS takes place after BvS. But apparently (maybe?) both will have flashbacks to The Joker/Batman/Robin incedent

Its pretty clear that we see the origin of Harley in Suicide Squad as we see scenes of Dr. Quinzel and the Joker torturing Dr. Quinzel turning her into Harley Quinn.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Its pretty clear that we see the origin of Harley in Suicide Squad as we see scenes of Dr. Quinzel and the Joker torturing Dr. Quinzel turning her into Harley Quinn.

I'd say that's flashback. There's a huge amount of material to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where's leto

Where's leto

I'd say its main cast. Leto is kinda just an extended cameo

Where's leto

Leto seems to be missing on a lot of publicity, I'd say they're keeping him absent to keep some sort of mystique about him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Imgur Movies list
    Speaking of the DC animated films, are the 2007 and onwards direct-to-DVD films related in a united universe at all like the "DC animated universe/Timmverse" (Batman: The Animated Series - Justice League Unlimited)? Or are they all stand-alone stories? And are they, or most of them, actually good?

Was thinking about watching through them after I was through all the Timmverse shows/films.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Speaking of the DC animated films, are the 2007 and onwards direct-to-DVD films related in a united universe at all like the "DC animated universe/Timmverse" (Batman: The Animated Series - Justice League Unlimited)? Or are they all stand-alone stories? And are they, or most of them, actually good?

Was thinking about watching through them after I was through all the Timmverse shows/films.

No - the majority of them are standalone - thought someof the batman or superman ones are sequels.

They announced recently though that all the animated movies that came out this year and moving forward will be part of the same universe, starting with Justice League War, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭pah

Justice League : The Flashpoint Paradox is worth a watch IMO.

Advertisement