Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DC cinematic universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Have they finished filming SS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

The DC animated verse is generally of a high quality. Under The Red Hood is also worth a watch given were they seem to be going in the movie universe. Wasn't gone on the voice actor for the Red Hood though.

The guy who does the voice of Bender in Futurama is the voice of the Joker and does a decent job, you're never going to match Hamill though obviously within the animated sphere.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Quite a few of them still have Conroy and Hamill in them, though I can't remember which exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Quite a few of them still have Conroy and Hamill in them, though I can't remember which exactly.

I can't watch the ones that don't have Conroy. Well I do watch them, buts I really feel as if its not Batman in it.

That most recent one Batman V Robin, Conroy voiced Thomas Wayne in a flashback. As soon as he spoke, the film was ruined for me, that was Batman not that other guy with the weird generic voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,017 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like Chris Pine is in as Steve Trevor for Wonder Woman movie Source

• Advertisement

Margot Robbie deal with Warner Bros includes spinoff film for Harley Quinn

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/margot-robbie-signs-first-look-928813

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Margot Robbie deal with Warner Bros includes spinoff film for Harley Quinn

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/margot-robbie-signs-first-look-928813

Happy reading this bit, as it'll probably hopefully mean no Snyder involvement
    Producing and developing with Robbie will be her LuckyChap colleagues Tom Ackerley, Josey McNamara and Sophia Kerr.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Happy reading this bit, as it'll probably hopefully mean no Snyder involvement

Bat Girl and the Birds of Prey to feature too

https://www.yahoo.com/news/omg-harley-quinn-getting-her-113438178.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Would much prefer a Harley Quinn origin story (with Joker). too many characters just muddies the waters & I think a 15 rated origin for her would have been spectacular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

OU812 wrote: »
    Would much prefer a Harley Quinn origin story (with Joker). too many characters just muddies the waters & I think a 15 rated origin for her would have been spectacular

They already did her origin in SS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

They already did her origin in SS.

Expanded out.

Natural Born Killers for Comic Book fans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

OU812 wrote:
    Expanded out.

Personal I had no interest in it in SS and found her relationship with joker (especially that joker) completely detracted from the character for me.

Patrick Wilson has been cast as Ocean Master in Aquaman, already cast is Amber Heard as Mera, Queen of Atlantis, and Willem Dafoe as Vulko with Jason Momoa playing the title role

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

David Ayer To Direct Female Led GOTHAM CITY SIRENS Movie Starring Margot Robbie

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/david-ayer-to-direct-female-led-gotham-city-sirens-movie-starring-a147497

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/david-ayer-to-direct-female-led-gotham-city-sirens-movie-starring-a147497

I get the feeling this movie has slim chances of ever happening, all depending on the reception of their next couple releasing.

I think Robbie played Harley quite well, she was just given absolutely awful dialogue for all of SS, and would be interested in more of her as long as it's not more of her relationship with the Joker.

SUICIDE SQUAD Sequel Being Developed Alongside A DEADSHOT Solo Movie

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/suicide-squad-sequel-being-developed-alongside-a-deadshot-solo-a147500

Surprised at the deadshot solo film. I thought Smith was good in suicide squad but not needs his own film good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/suicide-squad-sequel-being-developed-alongside-a-deadshot-solo-a147500

Surprised at the deadshot solo film. I thought Smith was good in suicide squad but not needs his own film good.

Man, DC are really running with this whole "giving villians/anti-heroes their own movies and turning them into heroes" idea.

Suicide Squad, Suicide Squad 2, Deadshot, Gotham City Sirens...

They have such a wealth of other great characters. Why the hell are they focusing on some of these? Where's Green Arrow? Booster Gold? Martian Manhunter?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    Man, DC are really running with this whole "giving villians/anti-heroes their own movies and turning them into heroes" idea.

Suicide Squad, Suicide Squad 2, Deadshot, Gotham City Sirens...

They have such a wealth of other great characters. Why the hell are they focusing on some of these? Where's Green Arrow? Booster Gold? Martian Manhunter?

Unfortunately I think the only thing they're focusing on is Will Smith and Margot Robbie to get bums on seats.

Where's Green Arrow? Booster Gold? Martian Manhunter?

TV
    Has film lined up?
    TV

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Unfortunately I think the only thing they're focusing on is Will Smith and Margot Robbie to get bums on seats.

While also focusing on Margo's bum

• Advertisement

TV
    Has film lined up?
    TV

Flash, Superman and Batman have also been appearing on TV, but for DC's cinematic universe, they could pick much better characters to give movies to than Deadshot.

Also, didn't know there were talks about a Booster Gold film. At least that's a bit of a step in a better direction.

Flash, Superman and Batman have also been appearing on TV, but for DC's cinematic universe, they could pick much better characters to give movies to than Deadshot.

Also, didn't know there were talks about a Booster Gold film. At least that's a bit of a step in a better direction.

Yeah but look what happened to Deadshot and Amanda Waller in Arrow, killed off to facilitate the film versions

Also the suicide squad, in Arrowverse, was also scrapped, along with the teased Harley.

They couldn't have Justice League without Flash and his show is too popular, so they flexed there.
    You can, however, have JL with Batman, WW, Superman, Flash, and Aquaman. You don't need to sacrifice Jon from the TV shows

Yeah but look what happened to Deadshot and Amanda Waller in Arrow, killed off to facilitate the film versions

Also the suicide squad, in Arrowverse, was also scrapped, along with the teased Harley.

They couldn't have Justice League without Flash and his show is too popular, so they flexed there.
    You can, however, have JL with Batman, WW, Superman, Flash, and Aquaman. You don't need to sacrifice Jon from the TV shows

They don't need to sacrifice them at all. If they're going to keep the TV and film universes separate, they can use the same characters in both. They don't have to kill them off to facilitate the film versions.

They don't need to sacrifice them at all. If they're going to keep the TV and film universes separate, they can use the same characters in both. They don't have to kill them off to facilitate the film versions.

I agree wholeheartedly but that is the reason given for Deadshot, Waller, Harley and Squad.
    WB forced CWs hand on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This is awful news.

This is even worse news.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I agree wholeheartedly but that is the reason given for Deadshot, Waller, Harley and Squad.
    WB forced CWs hand on it

Geoff Johns seems to be far more relaxed with regards tv and movies having the same characters. The suicide squad and deadshot kill offs in the show came under a different regime. Superman has been added to the Supergirl show, for example, and there is talk of him being the fifth show in the cw lineup, which is to be announced soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Booster Gold movie would be obscure to say the least, character might turn up in one of the tv shows next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Advertisement

A lot of hyperbolic statements are made in this thread and other threads relating to DC films when any news comes out but this stings.

I think this is by far the biggest misstep yet. Almost everyone was happy with a Ben Affleck directed Batman film but they can't seem to see that value.

I'm very concerned about how they couldn't agree on the script.

The line about Affleck wanting more time to get the script to the level he wants it and WB being more concerned about the release date is the most damning.

Advertisement