Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Wife just told me shes won a private family preview screening of the Minions movie for Sunday!

It's in Dublin !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wang King wrote: »
    Wife just told me shes won a private family preview screening of the Minions movie for Sunday!

It's in Dublin !!

That is 1 kids movie I am going to. More so to laugh at my young ones laughing at it!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's in Dublin !!

Day out? Sell them? Give them away on bargain alerts?

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stheno wrote: »
    Same here I grew up on country music!

No Idea who Hugo Duncan is though, it was Big Tom, Margo, then Daniel :)

Hugo Duncan is the worst.

He has a radio show on Radio Ulster and it is the biggest pile of sh!t you will ever hear. Think his show is a daily ritual for northern culchies.

"This one is for big Joe driving over the glenshane in his scania 1000. Good man yourself Joe!"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    Hugo Duncan is the worst.

He has a radio show on Radio Ulster and it is the biggest pile of sh!t you will ever hear. Think his show is a daily ritual for northern culchies.

"This one is for big Joe driving over the glenshane in his scania 1000. Good man yourself Joe!"

That's fairly foul alright

I do however have sympathy for anyone driving anything over the Glenshane :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He used to do this radio roadshow ballix where he'd turn up in some random town.

awec wrote: »
    He used to do this radio roadshow ballix where he'd turn up in some random town.

Christ

The place I'm in this week, regardless of who you are, everyone seems to be indoctrinated with the friendliness gene.

I'd the security guard on the gate stop me this evening on my way out, crapped myself that I'd broken some rule.

ANd? He wanted to check if I was really finished when I was, and tell me a crude joke.

Northerners are strange :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I always just assumed Uncle Hugo was mfceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭b.gud

Buuuut,......did it work?
    :)

No I was completely turned off by it, there wasn't enough romance to get me excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

As of my opponent, who told me to step up and fight like a man, I can’t say anything about a man that imitates a TV series character (Travis Fimmel, from Vikings). That’s really who he wanted to be, because he’s probably ashamed of being who he really is, so he imitates his lines, his style and this actor’s tattoos. He’s an artist, but not from martial arts, but cheap comedy. It’s disrespectful with the actor, and with real athletes. He should look for a stage and not an Octagon. The Octagon is my kingdom and there’s place for only one king, which is me. If he wants to participate, he can be the joker he already is.

If he beats Chad Mendes, the only thing he will have is a toy belt to show his friends, drunk in his country’s bars, because that’s what an interim belt represents to me: a toy. I am the champion.

Good man Aldo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Trash talk level: Medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

To be fair regardless of what he says he has to be praying McGregor wins. He's just missed out on MILLIONS by pulling out, if McGregor loses that's down the drain. If McGregor wins you might be getting the biggest fight in ufc history

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Aldo is definitely praying McGregor wins. Aldo Mendes III won't bring in anywhere near the PPV points that an Aldo McGregor unification does. He's missing the biggest payday of his career.

Teferi wrote: »
    Aldo is definitely praying McGregor wins. Aldo Mendes III won't bring in anywhere near the PPV points that an Aldo McGregor unification does. He's missing the biggest payday of his career.

Which only fuels the speculation fires. The possibility of McGregor's 'ascendency' being drawn out is a massive money maker. If he fights Aldo now it's too soon considering his record... even having a shot at Mendes is a bit mad when you think about it. So, if it were all contrived, then him beating Mendes now, fight Aldo in in October/New Year, lose to Aldo, big rematch, gets belt, goes up a division, UFC make loads of money, RTE make another documentary, everyone's quids in!

/takes off tinfoil hat.

Cyclists can now expect a 40 euro fine for:
    Cyclist driving a pedal cycle without reasonable consideration.

I was fairly inconsiderate towards the end of my last few relationships, and I'd cycle to work everyday around the time. Am I liable?

Cyclists can now expect a 40 euro fine for:

I was fairly inconsiderate towards the end of my last few relationships, and I'd cycle to work everyday around the time. Am I liable?

Only if you were being inconsiderate while cycling, e.g. cycling home without bringing flowers or chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

.ak wrote: »
    Which only fuels the speculation fires. The possibility of McGregor's 'ascendency' being drawn out is a massive money maker. If he fights Aldo now it's too soon considering his record... even having a shot at Mendes is a bit mad when you think about it. So, if it were all contrived, then him beating Mendes now, fight Aldo in in October/New Year, lose to Aldo, big rematch, gets belt, goes up a division, UFC make loads of money, RTE make another documentary, everyone's quids in!

/takes off tinfoil hat.

Must be fairly warm under that this evening :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Is this the end of Reddit? Number of the biggest subs have closed their doors to public in protest at sacking of the communications director.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Buer wrote: »
    Is this the end of Reddit? Number of the biggest subs have closed their doors to public in protest at sacking of the communications director.

Yeah seen this earlier. are they shut down as in no acces or shut down to people who are not registered users?

id say it will be back to full operation within a day or so. drama flows fairly rapidly on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'd be very surprised if there's not an admin who can just undo everything and de-mod those moderators.

• Advertisement

Old Perry wrote: »
    Yeah seen this earlier. are they shut down as in no acces or shut down to people who are not registered users?

id say it will be back to full operation within a day or so. drama flows fairly rapidly on reddit.

The subs involved (which are generally the most popular on the site) have been set to private so you need to be a member to view. This would involve submitted a request directly to the moderators and they will approve your application. But if there aren't thousands of members, there will be no content so it's essentially shut down.

It will sort itself out (and some of the subreddits are already back open) but Reddit is definitely wobbling badly now similar to how Digg did a few years back. The owners of that site thought they could chop and change without impacting on their user base. Now it's pretty much dead.

As much as I am a geek I've never used reedit. The be honest I just don't understand how it works...

I'd be very surprised if there's not an admin who can just undo everything and de-mod those moderators.

Reddit is packed with internet warriors. If they did that, there would be wholesale departure on a permanent basis and the site would be in massive trouble within a short space of time.

Think about how we'd react if the mods on Boards were all sacked and overruled by the admins (aside from .ak, I mean).

As much as I am a geek I've never used reedit. The be honest I just don't understand how it works...

Reedit? Senator Healy-Eames? Is that you?

Tell him he can connect through the wiffy

Reddit is packed with internet warriors. If they did that, there would be wholesale departure on a permanent basis and the site would be in massive trouble within a short space of time.

Think about how we'd react if the mods on Boards were all sacked and overruled by the admins (aside from .ak, I mean).

I'd blend in with the natives. I'm one of the people, real salt of the earth type.

Speaking of which, anyone know a dry cleaner that can get caviar stains out?

thatsthejoke.jpg

I'd blend in with the natives. I'm one of the people, real salt of the earth type.

Speaking of which, anyone know a dry cleaner that can get caviar stains out?

Dry cleaning won't work for that. You need the tears of poor people to properly get those stains out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Careful. You're on our radar now... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement