Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

b.gud wrote: »
    My GF read the books and was mad to see 50 shades, so we watched it last night, it is a steaming pile of sh!t

Buuuut,......did it work?
    :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wang King wrote: »
    Buuuut,......did it work?
    :)

Do you mean did she turn into a roaring nympho and introduce all sorts into the bedroom?

If so, I'd have to say no on the basis of their post :p

Might have had the opposite effect and she's now wearing a onesie from Penneys in the bed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

through its own browser and then the rest is just steps done in kodi

I'm going to have to get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, fckin thing doesn't recognise its remote for most of the functions on the web browser........have to put it away, else I'll have a very expensive fckin Frisbee on my hands

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    Think The Boss would be the only man to ever tempt me back to Slane.

Think I've seen him about 7 or 8 times now. At this stage, I'd have to go see him if he toured again simply because at 65, he might not be back.

Don't think he'll ever play consider playing Slane again. He was supposedly fuming at the set up there when he opened the European BIT USA tour there. Reports said they were lucky there wasn't anyone seriously injured with the crush and poor organisation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I saw the Boss in the RDS in 2003. Had backstage passes through someone I knew. Turns out this someone used to mind his kids in New Jersey, so we got to drink beer and eat burgers with him and the band before the gig, and watch the gig from the side of the stage. Really cool guy, but Nils is a total weirdo, basically said hello and ran away. Clarence was a gentleman, really nice guy. By far the best gig I've ever been to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm on a Highway to Hell...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm on a Highway to Hell...

Are you talking about my current commute to Newry every morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wow the love for Springsteen. I hear him on the radio and it's channel change time for me. Born in the USA I can abide but if hear that feckin streets of philadelphia I will nearly boot the radio through the nearest window. Is he any good live?

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mfceiling wrote: »
    Wow the love for Springsteen. I hear him on the radio and it's channel change time for me. Born in the USA I can abide but if hear that feckin streets of philadelphia I will nearly boot the radio through the nearest window. Is he any good live?

He's no One Direction, eh mfceiling?

Ok...glory days and dancing in the dark....but that's definitely it!!

• Advertisement

Born to run...

He's no One Direction, eh mfceiling?

You're not wrong there!! Little one went to see Taylor Swift with her mam last night...now she's easy on the eye. Mind you €45 for a kids t-shirt was a p*ss take tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Haven't read those either.

I only brought it up cause mfceiling mentioned to me once that he'd love to see it but the wife was too embarrassed to bring him to the picture house.

You get a like just for calling it the picture house :pac:

He plays 4 hour sets and is supposed to be incredible, never seen him but love his old stuff off the river, don't think streets of Philadelphia is his finest hour :pac:

Wow the love for Springsteen. I hear him on the radio and it's channel change time for me. Born in the USA I can abide but if hear that feckin streets of philadelphia I will nearly boot the radio through the nearest window.

One of his few songs I cannot stand

Eh The river? Cover me? Darlington County? I'm on Fire?
    There's a few more I love that I can't remember :)

Stheno wrote: »
    One of his few songs I cannot stand

Eh The river? Cover me? Darlington County? I'm on Fire?
    There's a few more I love that I can't remember :)

He's a bit too meh for me. Gravelly voice and a bit of all American guy...seems as if he is sound and gives fans great concerts but (puts on dragon's den voice) I'm out!!

stephen_n wrote: »
    You get a like just for calling it the picture house :pac:

Lol I missed that, that's such a northern expression. Kinda like the way a lot of people in the north say "she/her" instead of "it" (now that might be a County Armagh thing
    He's a bit too meh for me. Gravelly voice and a bit of all American guy...seems as if he is sound and gives fans great concerts but (puts on dragon's den voice) I'm out!!

Ah well, the shame of it to admit it, but I've Garth Brooks greatest hits in my collection of music. I usually listen to music travelling to work places, in March I did 2650 miles, and I like fairly boring familiar music to soak up the miles.

I'd go to Springsteen in a heartbeat, but not Brooks however :)

I'll however wait for the ban hammer to strike :D

Stheno wrote: »
    Lol I missed that, that's such a northern expression. Kinda like the way a lot of people in the north say "she/her" instead of "it" (now that might be a County Armagh thing

Ah well, the shame of it to admit it, but I've Garth Brooks greatest hits in my collection of music. I usually listen to music travelling to work places, in March I did 2650 miles, and I like fairly boring familiar music to soak up the miles.

I'd go to Springsteen in a heartbeat, but not Brooks however :)

I'll however wait for the ban hammer to strike :D

My 6 changer in the car is 2 X kasabian, arctic monkeys, high flying birds, Mr scruff and an old moby album from years ago!! Found the prodigy greatest hits album yesterday and best of the stone roses so there'll be changes this weekend.

My 6 changer in the car is 2 X kasabian, arctic monkeys, high flying birds, Mr scruff and an old moby album from years ago!! Found the prodigy greatest hits album yesterday and best of the stone roses so there'll be changes this weekend.

See I'm just a boring old fart, I like easy listening stuff.

Lloyd Cole, a lot of sixties stuff and what I've posted above.
    I do have Guns n Roses/Oasis/Blur etc, but it's like I'm stuck in a timewarp

None of this?

51bdqvVNcJL.jpg

Or this?

4683431.jpg

• Advertisement

This sort of thing is what nightclubs are like where mfceiling is from :D

This sort of thing is what nightclubs are like where mfceiling is from :D

Are you old enough to go to nightclubs?:pac:

Big Tom will always be "4 country roads" for me!! I actually don't mind Wee Hugo on radio ulster tbh!! I am partial to an oul bit of country as well...mother was/is a fan. Cracks herself up when some random country song comes on somewhere and I know all the words!!

Never seen so many pissed culchies outside of coppers before

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Lads...it's 0030 and 26 degrees out.

I'm ****ed.

Big Tom will always be "4 country roads" for me!! I actually don't mind Wee Hugo on radio ulster tbh!! I am partial to an oul bit of country as well...mother was/is a fan. Cracks herself up when some random country song comes on somewhere and I know all the words!!

Same here I grew up on country music!

No Idea who Hugo Duncan is though, it was Big Tom, Margo, then Daniel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Bought a cheap €15 fan in Aldi or Lidl years and years ago...I got the arse slagged off me but it was the best investment ever. I may only use it a couple of weeks a year but it's so worth it.

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Bought a cheap €15 fan in Aldi or Lidl years and years ago...I got the arse slagged off me but it was the best investment ever. I may only use it a couple of weeks a year but it's so worth it.

Nothing better when you are trying to get a decent nights sleep to send you off.

And great to wake up to as well

Balcony doors open here...

• Advertisement

Balcony doors open here...

Not a euphemism by the way...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement