Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd say it'll be banging to be honest.

They're all pretty old too, mad to imagine that could be your dad or granddad dancing around on stage with the top off and headbanging. :D

Think Brian Johnson is late 60s.

Oh and lads, 50 Shades of Grey is out now on Bluray and DVD for all you ones who want to watch it but wouldn't be seen dead the cinema.

I'm looking at you, mfceiling.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    Oh and lads, 50 Shades of Grey is out now on Bluray and DVD for all you ones who want to watch it but wouldn't be seen dead the cinema.

Have you seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That twitter QA with the author the other day was hilarious, her PR person surely got sacked after that stupid idea lol

Stheno wrote: »
    Have you seen it?

No.

Haven't read it either before you ask!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No.

I don't think I know anyone who has!

No.

You probably read the twilight books which spawned it because you're just a little hipster and were there first.

Has every woman in the country not seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It's on my "I will never watch this film as long as I live" list. Wife is in a very middle class book club - lesbians, check - divorced borderline alcoholic, check - pilates instructor, check - English trinity college lecturer, check. I innocently asked, when they had the night at ours "have any of you read the 50 Shades book?"

You would swear I had dropped my trousers and farted in their faces!! They went back to discussing some high brow book that they had just finished and I sloped off to the kitchen to read that months Ireland's Own.

On ac/dc...I've 2 mad uncles in their 50's who are off to it. One is a very high brow solicitor who is flying over from England to see them...can't wait to see him out of his fancy suit and wigs - rocking a pair of ripped jeans and a faded t-shirt 3 sizes too small!!

stephen_n wrote: »
    You probably read the twilight books which spawned it because you're just a little hipster and were there first.

Haven't read those either.

I only brought it up cause mfceiling mentioned to me once that he'd love to see it but the wife was too embarrassed to bring him to the picture house.

• Advertisement

stephen_n wrote: »
    Has every woman in the country not seen it?

I've not anyways

Have you seen it?

Awec is still half way through the famous five books now...He hopes to start charlie and the chocolate factory very soon.

I refuse to believe that there is nobody on this forum that has seen it.

emmett and irishbucsfans both strike me as the open minded type who'd appreciate the artistic side of it, one of them must have seen it.

emmett and irishbucsfans both strike me as the open minded type who'd appreciate the artistic side of it, one of them must have seen it.

Thomond has definitely seen it...Molloy saw the unedited Japanese animated version of it....which was only broadcast with sign language and had to be watched on a boat in international waters...on the summer solstice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

My wife has read them all....you think it would give her a few ideas....not a one! :rolleyes:

I've christened her "can't cook won't fck"

seen it?

I was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I managed to avoid that one actually. The only film I've seen in the cinema in the past year was Mad Max and I've made my feelings known about that.

seen it?

I was in it.

Re-enactments at home don't count emmet.

piece of piss.

tv addons . ag

Install

Configure

done

Would you do it thru its own browser or USB link it to the laptop?

Wang King wrote: »
    Would you do it thru its own browser or USB link it to the laptop?
    through its own browser and then the rest is just steps done in kodi

• Advertisement

Re-enactments at home don't count emmet.

I tried it on my missus. I put a blindfold on her, tied her to the bed, then I fcuked off to the pub for a couple of hours peace...

mfceiling wrote: »
    I tried it on my missus. I put a blindfold on her, tied her to the bed, then I fcuked off to the pub for a couple of hours peace...

Such posterboys for marriage on here :D

I acquired a not great version of it a while ago and skipped through to see if there was any usable material in it. There is not.

I presume that's pretty much what everyone wants to know so unless you plan to watch it for the plot or artistic merit (Molloy) you can give it a miss.

through its own browser and then the rest is just steps done in kodi

Yeah, the guy put Genesis on it, doesn't work. And French channels and rai , meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

AC/DC blaring all sorts of awesome about town

P_1 wrote: »
    AC/DC blaring all sorts of awesome about town

Am I imagining things but did Springsteen play the RDS way back in the 90s?

I lived in Ballsbridge near both Aviva and the RDS for a while, and have memories of some fantastic tunes wafting my way for various gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Am I imagining things but did Springsteen play the RDS way back in the 90s?

I lived in Ballsbridge near both Aviva and the RDS for a while, and have memories of some fantastic tunes wafting my way for various gigs

The E Street reunion played in the RDS in 1999. Would have been close to a greatest hits tour at the time. He toured The Rising album in 2002, visiting the RDS also, which was a huge tour.

Think The Boss would be the only man to ever tempt me back to Slane.

Buer wrote: »
    The E Street reunion played in the RDS in 1999. Would have been close to a greatest hits tour at the time. He toured The Rising album in 2002, visiting the RDS also, which was a huge tour.

Nah I lived in Ballsbridge sometime between 1994 and 97 :) I do remember how fab it was to sit out the back and listen to the music of various concerts, possibly not Springsteen
    Think The Boss would be the only man to ever tempt me back to Slane.

Yeah I'd go to Slane for that, one of my must have albums in the car is Born in the USA :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

My GF read the books and was mad to see 50 shades, so we watched it last night, it is a steaming pile of sh!t

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement