Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread too point uh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Gonna hit 38 here tomorrow, and stay that way over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Currently 31C here in London. This is meant to last all week and I'm a sweaty mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Gonna hit 38 here tomorrow, and stay that way over the weekend.

Where Podge ?

Geneva. Parts of France are hitting 40.

Now that is a heatwave.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cycling in jeans in this weather is just the worst.

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stheno wrote: »
    How long is this lovely weather supposed to last?

Confused....

Can't see the sun where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    Confused....

It actually looks much closer to rain right now, in all honesty.

Buer wrote: »
    It actually looks much closer to rain right now, in all honesty.

Yea it's very dull here in south Dublin, my phone is telling me it'll rain.

Certainly not a nice summers day like yesterday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Yea it's very dull here in south Dublin, my phone is telling me it'll rain.

Certainly not a nice summers day like yesterday. :(

It's warm here in Bournemouth but not unseasonably so at 24C. We seem to be missing most of the hot weather. My wife is in Brighton today where it's supposed to hit 29 and even North Wales where the in-laws live is hitting 26C which is probably the first time they've ever had warmer weather than us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

It was saddening hearing the reports on the radio last week of the coming heatwave. They were saying either it will be gorgeous or else will bring heavy rain due to their being more moisture in hot air :(

Synode wrote: »
    It was saddening hearing the reports on the radio last week of the coming heatwave. They were saying either it will be gorgeous or else will bring heavy rain due to their being more moisture in hot air :(

It actually looks like winter outside - A little warmer than winter, but pesky clouds all over the gaff !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Cycling in jeans in this weather is just the worst.

Try the Luas, or worse a bus for almost an hour.

Warm, sunny weather is great when you're on holidays or when you're at home. But when you're commuting it's a pain in the feckin' hole. I go with the missus to Sandyford and get the Luas from there in the mornings and they don't turn on the air-con while we're all packed like sardines into the thing. I then get the bus home in the evenings, and Dublin Bus don't even have air con. So by the time I get home I have to hit the shower straight away.

molloyjh wrote: »

Warm, sunny weather is great when you're on holidays or when you're at home. But when you're commuting it's a pain in the feckin' hole. I go with the missus to Sandyford and get the Luas from there in the mornings and they don't turn on the air-con while we're all packed like sardines into the thing. I then get the bus home in the evenings, and Dublin Bus don't even have air con. So by the time I get home I have to hit the shower straight away.
    Rank

If you have any kind of bike and it's not too far of a commute, it's perfect cycling weather.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just arrived in Dublin. Avoided the old 40 degree warm snap.

Where van I get a really good burger here? Preferably bloody

If you have any kind of bike and it's not too far of a commute, it's perfect cycling weather.

Yeah, its perfect - just not in jeans. Can you not just change in work or something?

Bunsen would be my favourite burger in dublin. One on camden street and one in temple bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Aussie BBQ - get the Great White.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Confused....

I'm in Newry

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »

If you walk around with your arms above your head it'll let the air get at your pits and prevent some smell.

I'm in Newry

My condolences.

Beefeater @ Generator hostel is the best, imo.

Bunsen's is amazing, and a bit nicer texture wise but it doesn't come close to the flavour of the Beefeater.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Yeah, its perfect - just not in jeans. Can you not just change in work or something?

I can, and I used to, but that means bringing a bag with me and that just annoys me for such a short cycle (I'm about 20min away). Also the bag makes you even more sweaty!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm in Newry

Sorry for your troubles...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

.ak wrote: »
    I can, and I used to, but that means bringing a bag with me and that just annoys me for such a short cycle (I'm about 20min away). Also the bag makes you even more sweaty!

Panniers!

Panniers are the answer but IMO you need to get a commuter bike to do that. Don't want to be putting a pannier rack on a bike that you use to cycle for fun on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'll go with .ak's suggestion. Where's it though, I forget how to do Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Have been working my way through the supposed top 10 burgers in Dublin this year according to Lovin' Dublin. Some that get a lot of hype and didn't come close to expectations and some that were really good.

Bunsen is excellent, definitely my favourite so far (have tried 7 of the 10). Generator is on my hitlist and hope to get there in next couple of weeks.

By far the most disappointing was Jo'burger. Not that good at all. The burger was a little dry and bland and the place is in love with itself. It goes to 11 on the hipster scale.

My waiter: "No we don't actually serve coke but if you'd like one of our home made lemonades that we serve in jam jars, I can get you one of those".

Me: "Molloy! I didn't know you worked here!"

• Advertisement

I agree that Jo'burger is not that great. Their burgers are just a mess, a few bites in and it's already falling apart. Taste was pretty average, nothing notable about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement