Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thecraicaddict

tharmor wrote: »
    Wow can I get 12 months half price offer ?

PM sent ;););) !

I am not commenting on this any further, In a pm or otherwise. You having cheaper broadband would not be worth my job I'm afraid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

As someone who works in the loyalty department in UPC I have great entertainment reading all your posts. All I'd say is it's completely at the agents discretion as to whether they want to give you an offer and generally the nicer you are the better the offer. If someone is rude they can generally expect no more than to be given the email address and sent on their way!

Or get lied to and get given a deal that's later claimed to be a misquote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

As someone who works in the loyalty department in UPC I have great entertainment reading all your posts. All I'd say is it's completely at the agents discretion as to whether they want to give you an offer and generally the nicer you are the better the offer. If someone is rude they can generally expect no more than to be given the email address and sent on their way!

Laughing at customers!
    That's pretty much upc in a nutshell ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

I am not commenting on this any further, In a pm or otherwise. You having cheaper broadband would not be worth my job I'm afraid.

No one is sending any PM....UPC and no sense of humour...makes sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

tharmor wrote: »
    Wow can I get 12 months half price offer ?

PM sent ;););) !

upc havent givent the 12mths half price offer in a long time. they only offer 6 mths half price now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

My half price deal expired last month (I have 120Mb broadband and digital tv); after a couple of calls I was able to get the same bundle for another year: 6 months at 35€ and 6 months at 70€ (around 52€ for 12 months)
    Quite happy with what I got since I enquired to get just the broadband and the best they could do was 45€ a month (don't need 240mb tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Currently have 30mb Broadband and phone and was paying €31.78 for this for the last 12 months. Latest bill came in for €44.99 and when I called up about it and pointed out that this is the same price as the 120mb connection, I was told I would have to sign up for a 12 month contract to get 120mb at that price.

I'm happy enough with the 30mb speed but definitely not happy paying €45 for it. If I threaten to cancel, how likely am I to get a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Currently have 30mb Broadband and phone and was paying €31.78 for this for the last 12 months. Latest bill came in for €44.99 and when I called up about it and pointed out that this is the same price as the 120mb connection, I was told I would have to sign up for a 12 month contract to get 120mb at that price.

I'm happy enough with the 30mb speed but definitely not happy paying €45 for it. If I threaten to cancel, how likely am I to get a deal?
    For broadband & phone only - highly unlikely. As an existing customer the best you can probably hope for is a free DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Ring to cancel & see what they offer.

You could also cancel & get someone else in your household to sign up as a new customer to avail of the new customer offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Should be able to get half price for 6 months. I got €20 for 6 months and €40 for 6 months (120 mb) broadband and phone in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

For broadband & phone only - highly unlikely. As an existing customer the best you can probably hope for is a free DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Ring to cancel & see what they offer.

You could also cancel & get someone else in your household to sign up as a new customer to avail of the new customer offers.

Is there a similar 30 day timeframe to change your mind that Sky offer if they do accept my cancellation?

Edit: I rang the direct loyalty line and was upgraded to 120mb with 4 months half price and a new modem. Not the most amazing deal ever but happy enough for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Is there a similar 30 day timeframe to change your mind that Sky offer if they do accept my cancellation?

Edit: I rang the direct loyalty line and was upgraded to 120mb with 4 months half price and a new modem. Not the most amazing deal ever but happy enough for the moment.
    If you'd gone ahead with the 30 day cancellation notice, yes you'd be able to change your mind within that 30 days.

Four months half price with free modem is better than I expected you'd be offered, so you did well to get that.

Hopefully they won't start messing with the prices again, but their greed holds no bounds, but if they decide to increase their prices early in the new year you'll have a get-out option if the price increase affects your subscription amount. In that event if you go to cancel then you might be offered another incentive to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hennigab

I got rid of my tv package and just kept broadband with upc. I just tried running a coax cable through a splitter to my tv and I'm getting a picture but just fuzz instead of sound. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

hennigab wrote: »
    I got rid of my tv package and just kept broadband with upc. I just tried running a coax cable through a splitter to my tv and I'm getting a picture but just fuzz instead of sound. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Poor connection maybe?

Too late for you but for anyone else considering this option, check what sort of picture quality you get on analogue through the coaxial cable before cancelling to see if its gonna be watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Keith186 wrote: »
    Too late for you but for anyone else considering this option, check what sort of picture quality you get on analogue through the coaxial cable before cancelling to see if its gonna be watchable.

do you know if they are gonna shut down the analogue signal at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    do you know if they are gonna shut down the analogue signal at any stage?

No idea, sorry. You might get an answer over in the Cable TV forum here.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭szita2000

We 've been with UPC for about 3 years now. and we used to pay 55 for 120Mb internet and some basic phone package.
    We have seen the new deals of 240Mb + phone + TV for 35/ months and 90 after 6 months.
    We just rung them up and said that we will cancel and I (hubby) will ring back as a new customer to get the deal, so they said they will do it straight away no need to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭caper23

sky doing a deal for upc customers.

€30 a month which includes multiroom
    add hd for 7.50.

this is a 2 year price freeze.
    great deal.

ask at ur local shopping centre desk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

caper do you work for sky or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭caper23

no nothing to do with them..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

It's been reported that Upc have lost over 36k TV customers over the past 12 months , meanwhile sky are offering heavy discounts for 12mths incl sports/movies package . Will be interesting if Upc will re- introduce the 12 mth half price discount - their current discount aren't great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think people. Got fed up of their increases even January.. My yearly discount was uo on 3rd of April, Rang them on the first, got 240mg be & unlimited calls to. Mobiles & landlines 27.50 for 6 months then 55 for 6 months, decent enough considering new customers only got it for 35,but I think a lot of people left upc now and went free view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Lenny wrote: »
    I think people. Got fed up of their increases even January.. My yearly discount was uo on 3rd of April, Rang them on the first, got 240mg be & unlimited calls to. Mobiles & landlines 27.50 for 6 months then 55 for 6 months, decent enough considering new customers only got it for 35,but I think a lot of people left upc now and went free view

Free view is right lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is free view and saorview the same thing? Out of curiosity, is it possible to get sky box office events if you have UPC or is it only possible if you have sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

caper23 wrote: »
    sky doing a deal for upc customers.

€30 a month which includes multiroom
    add hd for 7.50.

this is a 2 year price freeze.
    great deal.

ask at ur local shopping centre desk...

€30?
    You sure it's not a shilling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭surpy

After a bit of back and forth we got half price for 6 months and 6 months at full price averages out at 63pm which isn't too bad all in.
    We can decide again in a year if we want to change.

They gave us a new horizon box which actually seems way faster and wifi seems more stable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭loup

surpy wrote: »
    After a bit of back and forth we got half price for 6 months and 6 months at full price averages out at 63pm which isn't too bad all in.
    We can decide again in a year if we want to change.

They gave us a new horizon box which actually seems way faster and wifi seems more stable too.

Also got same offer today on the back of the Sky Groupon deal. Pretty happy with that for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Whats the number sequence once connected to 1908 for loyalty dept does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

hennigab wrote: »

wont work.

you need a decoder of some description analogue signal was switched off some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

eoinf wrote: »
    wont work.

you need a decoder of some description analogue signal was switched off some time ago.

No it wasn't, upc analogue is still going.

I actually switched to SKY earlier in the year and I still have the upc analogue channels in all my rooms. Someone told me they don't bother sending anyone to disconnect the lines anymore. Also plenty of people with just the UPC broadband who have the analogue channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

eoinf wrote: »
    wont work.

I'm doing exactly this and getting the basic channels so it is def possible.

Advertisement