Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

16791112184

Comments



  • Currently on 60Mb/s bb + offpeak phone + digital select TV for around €70pm. Am I likely to get a better deal? Anybody with a similar package getting same at a better price?




  • degsie wrote: »
    Currently on 60Mb/s bb + offpeak phone + digital select TV for around €70pm. Am I likely to get a better deal? Anybody with a similar package getting same at a better price?

    You'll get a better broadband package anyway. If you push them on it you should be able to get half price for a few months which will make things work out cheaper for more.




  • degsie wrote: »
    Currently on 60Mb/s bb + offpeak phone + digital select TV for around €70pm. Am I likely to get a better deal? Anybody with a similar package getting same at a better price?

    Im paying 70(going up to 75) and the best ive got so far is 10e off for 6months. My broadband is 120mb




  • I tried to cancel and told them i was going to sky.told them sky were offering 6 months at 40 Euro for tv and broadband and then 75 after That..so they matched it. Delighted




  • javagal wrote: »
    I tried to cancel and told them i was going to sky.told them sky were offering 6 months at 40 Euro for tv and broadband and then 75 after That..so they matched it. Delighted

    will you ring for me:pac:


  • Advertisement


  • Going from my 30mb broadband and offpeak local and national calls for 37 per month to 120mb broadband and anytime local and national calls - UPC wanted 3 euro more per month.

    Instead I got a new 12 month contract - 20 euro for 4 months, 40 for 8 months.

    Costs:
    Old 30mb BB package = 444 for 12 months
    120mb BB package = 480 for 12 months (what UPC wanted)
    120mb BB package = 400 for 12 months (what I got).

    Pretty happy to get a better service for 44 euro less.




  • Tugboats wrote: »
    will you ring for me:pac:

    I was paying 93 Euro per month (82+11 multiroom)

    So I'll save 400Euro a year.
    Shocking I pay that much at all!




  • is this moving to Horizon or do you have old box and getting new deals?

    I'm already on Horizon paying €96pm (€80 + €16 for Setanta)




  • sillysocks wrote: »
    Currently on 93 a month (going to 97 after increases) for 3 digital hd boxes and 120mb fibre bb. Called there and first was offered 87 a month for 6 months, so I said no. Then offered 57 for 4 months and full price then. I still said no so she gave me the email address to cancel but not sure whether to take that offer or play hard ball.

    Really don't want to risk losing my service if it went to the full 30 days and I got no better offer.
    Has anyone with a similar package gotten a better deal or what's anyone's thoughts on prices I was offered?

    Called back and got 6 months half price (well half price on my main bundle, still have to pay full price for the multiroom) so pleased with that! Thanks all, wouldn't have even called if I hadn't read here 😀




  • I'm already on Horizon paying €96pm (€80 + €16 for Setanta)

    ah...

    I am trying to get a deal on my current system, old HD box and 120MB BB (old Cisco 3925 that I don't want to give up., but will be charged 60 euro to keep)

    Doubt Ill get it without going to the Horizon Box


  • Advertisement


  • I am getting 100mb broadband with digimax tv and sky sports for €74 per month (before €5 price increase) in a 12 month contract. Not on horizon. Do people think I could get a better deal or is this as low as I am going to get?? Thanks




  • Seems mad that If I want to keep my current key products 120mb Broadband, and Max TV on a new deal I will need to sign up for 240Mb, and mobile calls. My mobile phone account already covers all the calls I make, and my laptop is only capable of 10/100 speeds so nothing to be gained from moving to 240Mb.

    Don't want to lose the TV channels I currently have. Looks like they have nearly halved the available bundle packages.




  • Finally had success today. I got 6 months at 40, 6 months at 75 and broadband upgraded to 200mb.

    Good deal I think?




  • Tugboats wrote: »
    Finally had success today. I got 6 months at 40, 6 months at 75 and broadband upgraded to 200mb.

    Good deal I think?

    Yeah a great deal being honest with what they are offering, does it include a TV package or is purely BB?




  • Got offered €50 for first 6 months and €60 for next 6 months. 120 mb broadband phone and basic TV package. I havnt confirmed yet . I wonder would they budge anymore? I'll try anyway and look at evision




  • JamieP wrote: »
    Yeah a great deal being honest with what they are offering, does it include a TV package or is purely BB?

    Ya I have digital select and multiroom. It was my third phonecall to them




  • 37.50 for 4 months 75 after on 12 month contract. 120 mb bb unlimited landline calls and 400 international.

    Is it worth pushing it? What's the cancellation period? Is it 30 days like sky?




  • gufc21 wrote: »
    37.50 for 4 months 75 after on 12 month contract. 120 mb bb unlimited landline calls and 400 international.

    Is it worth pushing it? What's the cancellation period? Is it 30 days like sky?

    Includes TV?




  • Tugboats wrote: »
    Ya I have digital select and multiroom. It was my third phonecall to them

    Yeah looks good being honest. I am not sure what channels are included in the digital select however. But if the channels are good for you then it's a good deal :)




  • degsie wrote: »
    Includes TV?

    Horizon tv.. just noticed they are offering the same deal to new customers for 25 euro for first 4 months. Don't know if that is for 12 or 18 month contract.


  • Advertisement


  • gufc21 wrote: »
    37.50 for 4 months 75 after on 12 month contract. 120 mb bb unlimited landline calls and 400 international.

    Is it worth pushing it? What's the cancellation period? Is it 30 days like sky?
    gufc21 wrote: »
    Horizon tv.. just noticed they are offering the same deal to new customers for 25 euro for first 4 months. Don't know if that is for 12 or 18 month contract.

    I wouldn't take a 4 month deal followed by a 12 month contract. We have similar packages/prices so there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get 6 months at 40 and 6 months at 75




  • Rang them again and said that after I was offered 4 months half price, I heard that others were getting 6 and I was disappointed. They offered me the 6 months half price (42.50) followed by 6 months at 85.
    Delighted !




  • twerg_85 wrote: »
    Rang them again and said that after I was offered 4 months half price, I heard that others were getting 6 and I was disappointed. They offered me the 6 months half price (42.50) followed by 6 months at 85.
    Delighted !

    Which package are you on?
    I'm on the essential Bundle;home,basic digital and 120MB.
    Offered 4 months half price and 8 months full. Said i would ring back after thinking about it.




  • Seriously thinking of just going saorview. Only thing i qould miss really is sky sports news




  • I thought I read they were open until 8pm. Did I misread that. Just tried the 01 2458000 nukber but closed




  • I thought I read they were open until 8pm. Did I misread that. Just tried the 01 2458000 nukber but closed

    Tried this yesterday evening. No luck. Sent an email to cancel but nothing back, yet.




  • gufc21 wrote: »
    Seriously thinking of just going saorview. Only thing i qould miss really is sky sports news

    Exactly what I'm doing. Hardly anything I watch that is offered by them that I can't get via Saorview and Freesat. I only had the TV for Disney Junior and the young lad doesn't even watch that now. I'll get a deal off them for broadband and phone and bin the tele.




  • maximo31 wrote: »
    Which package are you on?
    I'm on the essential Bundle;home,basic digital and 120MB.
    Offered 4 months half price and 8 months full. Said i would ring back after thinking about it.

    I'm on the horizon max. Upgrading to 240mbps BB as part of this.




  • gufc21 wrote: »
    Seriously thinking of just going saorview. Only thing i qould miss really is sky sports news

    18 months upc tv in a bundle comes to about 400!!!

    Better off getting satellite freeview so you can factor it out of future bundles...


  • Advertisement


  • Tried this yesterday evening. No luck. Sent an email to cancel but nothing back, yet.

    Can you send an email cancelling now, last year you would have to send a cancellation letter by post.


Advertisement