Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Ok so info I've gleaned from here is that wheels that aren't supposed to work on PS4 do actually work on it albeit it with less functionality. Anyone point me to a list of wheels that work or know which ones will and won't? Officially its only the T80 and T300RS from thrustmaster that work on PS4. I want to buy a wheel but it has to be one that works on PC and PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Dcully wrote: »
    Its worth the wait, you will enjoy it.

Cheers man, I can't wait. The first thing I'm going to do is take the Atom to Laguna Seca and do a heap of laps, that's my favourite track and I'll be able to judge things properly around there, hopefully.
    My Mrs and kids have been up in her mother's house for the last three nights, why couldn't this game have been released on Tuesday ffs!

superg wrote: »
    Ok so info I've gleaned from here is that wheels that aren't supposed to work on PS4 do actually work on it albeit it with less functionality. Anyone point me to a list of wheels that work or know which ones will and won't? Officially its only the T80 and T300RS from thrustmaster that work on PS4. I want to buy a wheel but it has to be one that works on PC and PS4.
    Fanatec wheels and pedals have full support. I pre ordered this game the next day after it was announced.

Fanatec wheels and pedals have full support. I pre ordered this game the next day after it was announced.

Have you used your wheel with the PS4 already? And which wheel is it? I was always a logitech man but they say their wheels don't work with PS4.

EDIT:- checked their website, all their wheels work. If they can sort it out why can't Logitech :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Official forums are now live mate, might have some luck in there.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/

• Advertisement

Have you used your wheel with the PS4 already? And which wheel is it? I was always a logitech man but they say their wheels don't work with PS4

No, not yet. I never thought I was going to be able to until this was posted online.
    I have a Turbo-S and a set of Clubsport pedals, the wheel is cross platform, there were a couple of wheels released after mine that were cross platform too.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/fanatec-wheel-support-comes-to-consoles

Yeah but it's not just this game I want it to work on, don't want to invest in a wheel unless I know it'll work with any driving game on PS4 so might have to be a Thrustmaster. Was thinking I'd have to get the T300RS but since T100 works that might do the job for a much cheaper price.
    No, not yet. I never thought I was going to be able to until this was posted online.
    I have a Turbo-S and a set of Clubsport pedals, the wheel is cross platform, there were a couple of wheels released after mine that were cross platform too.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/fanatec-wheel-support-comes-to-consoles

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yeah but it's not just this game I want it to work on, don't want to invest in a wheel unless I know it'll work with any driving game on PS4 so might have to be a Thrustmaster. Was thinking I'd have to get the T300RS but since T100 works that might do the job for a much cheaper price.

Cheers.

I bought a T300RS just because it was a wheel that is supported on both the PC & PS4. It's a great wheel (it would want to be for that price), I've been really happy with it since day one. The only thing I didn't like was the stock pedals that came with it.

I ended up buying the T3PA. Waiting on a basherboards adapter so I can buy the Clubsport pedals and connect them to the T300RS.

I was wondering why I couldn't find that damn place! Thank you, I've just signed up, it always pays to tap into the nerve centre.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I bought a T300RS just because it was a wheel that is supported on both the PC & PS4. It's a great wheel (it would want to be for that price), I've been really happy with it since day one. The only thing I didn't like was the stock pedals that came with it.

I ended up buying the T3PA. Waiting on a basherboards adapter so I can buy the Clubsport pedals and connect them to the T300RS.

Happy days, I'm delighted there's so many lads with wheels here to pool tunes and settings with.
    We'll have to make it our business to own the leaderboards on the "Irish" karting track too!

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »

Yeah all the review's I've read say the pedals are a bit off considering the price of the thing. I can get the wheel and the Playseat challenge which is perfect for me for just over 500 quid. Have to start saving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Psn is thurlesdrunk (long story......) ;-) if any of ye fancy a race on ps4 add me.

Hopefully Logitech pull the finger out and support their wheels on ps4 soon. Don't fancy forking out 350 yoyo on a t300 when I have a DFGT gathering dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Psn is thurlesdrunk (long story......) ;-) if any of ye fancy a race on ps4 add me.

Hopefully Logitech pull the finger out and support their wheels on ps4 soon. Don't fancy forking out 350 yoyo on a t300 when I have a DFGT gathering dust.

From what I understand its Sony that is the problem in simple terms the ps4 wheels and controllers have to have a specific chip built into them for full compatibility with the ps4 and Sony wont liscense the chip to Logitech.

Yep, they also have Bluetooth curtailed so that only their official PS4 headsets work. I've tried 3 pairs of Bluetooth headsets now including a Sony pair and none of them work.

Yep, they also have Bluetooth curtailed so that only their official PS4 headsets work. I've tried 3 pairs of Bluetooth headsets now including a Sony pair and none of them work.

You wouldn't mind it as much I they made the accessories worth buying but they are generally inferior to other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

" Update ppl .

I seem to have sorted the issue. I just reinstalled the game and it sorted the issue .

I'le leave it here just in case anyone else has the problem.

Thanks for looking ."

I'm having issues with my T80 on my PS4 (I thought my T100 would be here by now :( )

I put a post and video and pics of settings of the issue up at the Project cars forums,

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22179-Project-cars-on-PS4-with-T80-wheel-issue&p=885224#post885224

I have read that the Fanatec wheels and some pad controllers are giving issues.

I can only imagine how frustrating that must be joner, hope you get it sorted.
    Dcully, compared to Assetto Corsa, how do the physics stack up? I wasn't going to bother with this at all having played the beta that was out around xmas.

As always physics opinions are subjective but for me, not the fastest guy ever but simracer of over 15 years no the physics are not as good as AC, iracing or GSCE but they were never going to be.
    You can get away with stuff in PCARS that you wouldnt dream of in the sims ive mentioned thus i find AC more rewarding in this department.

A lot of people on the big sim forums are referring to the physics as simcade ie forza etc but to me they are better than that of forza and sit somewhere in between forza and AC etc which is pretty good for a game with such vast content.
    I will say it varies from car to car, some feel really nice and others not so.

At the end of the day would i recommend PCARS to a simracer? yes 100%.
    It has a tonne of content and offers so much more than AC in other ways.
    AI is still dodgy as hell though.

Hope that comes some way to answering your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Thanks for the reply DCully .

Pasted from PCars forums .

" Interesting results...

I have a second PS4 with Project cars on it ( digital dl ) . I setup the wheel on that console and the wheel operates perfectly ,as it should . I just switched back to the PS4 in the video and this time I reset the wheel in Pcars and then calibrated and the problem is still there ...strange.

I might have to Dl Pcars again to my second PS4 ...maybe the game is corrupted ?. "

I'm downloading the game again on the dodgy PS4 ;-)

Thanks for the reply DCully .

Pasted from PCars forums .

" Interesting results...

I have a second PS4 with Project cars on it ( digital dl ) . I setup the wheel on that console and the wheel operates perfectly ,as it should . I just switched back to the PS4 in the video and this time I reset the wheel in Pcars and then calibrated and the problem is still there ...strange.

I might have to Dl Pcars again to my second PS4 ...maybe the game is corrupted ?. "

I'm downloading the game again on the dodgy PS4 ;-)

Good stuff man, atleast you get to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Hope that comes some way to answering your question.

Thats bang on, dude. With the usual fanboys and detractors on various forums its hard to know what to believe. I reckon I'll take the plunge.

One last question. In the beta I played the French track Rouen was listed. Did it end up in the release version.

• Advertisement

I dont recall seeing it, i remember it well from GPL, what a track.

Played a few hours this morning when i was off work and kid was in school now i dont have anywher near as much experience as dcully at sim racers i have mostly played games like wrc and gt5 and formula one on the playstation and ps4, i tink the last decent racing game i had played with the amount of variables and choices of pcars was toca back in the late 90s so i have missed a lot,

i was excited by playing the beta builds over the past month and all i can say is this is 10 times better then most of them the graphics and car details are really great i couldnt fault them and the handling seems alot more percise and manageable i didnt go into any details on car set ups i just did a lap or two with as many cars as i could on a few different tracks, personally myself i loved the lmp1 car on monza it felt really nice and the cockpit view was really impressive and i found the monte carlo track was really nicely done too but i crashed a bit too much from staring at the mountains in the back ground I never noticed them in f1 2014 or any of the others so im not sure if its been really detailed or really inacurate.

I got the pc version in the end for the simple fact i dont want to miss out on any mods that are gonna be made for it so i was using my dual shock four and it worked pretty ok i had to do a bit of tweaking at the start because it was a bit too over sensitive but once i got the settings done it worked grand. There is a thread on the steam comunity of settin up the control settings its a few months old ut its a decent startin point.

Overall i enjoyed it so far i think the visuals are up to scratch to what i expected and the amount of tracks will keep me going for a while with more to come i think and same with cars. I cant coment on the physics compaired to ac or other racing sims but i dont think its like forza its alot more real then forza and id say when i get into the car setups it will be alot better too. I cant wait to get going online and see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cheapest place to pick this up on ps4?

AdamD wrote: »
    Cheapest place to pick this up on ps4?

Usually tesco have them cheapest on launch day i thought mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

I was going to order this from Amazon but the cheapest I can find for PS4 is almost £60. Are they crazy?

I could have sworn that Gamestop were offering a car pack for all pre orders.
    I'm after having murder in my local shop just there.
    Can anyone clear this up for me please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

I was going to order this from Amazon but the cheapest I can find for PS4 is almost £60. Are they crazy?

Littlewoods Ireland have it for €57, although you'll probably have a few days wait. I had it pre-ordered a month ago with the expectation that it would arrive on launch day. It was shipped yesterday and it looks like I won't have it until Tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

I am surprised with Amazon. The XBOX One and PC versions are the prices you would expect.

It's €49.59 on WOW HD with free delivery. Delivery is 4-10 working days though.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/project-cars-playstation-4/dp/40026249#bc=a403

• Advertisement

I think Fanatec wheel support is broken! FFB is all over the place.There's a shocking amount of deadzone and then the wheel suddenly snatches violently in the direction you're turning. I can't navigate the menus properly or access the sliders to adjust anything.
    The wheel also seems to only work in PC mode for some reason.
    What a disappointment, are there any other Fanatec users on here experiencing the same thing?

Advertisement