Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

FHFC wrote: »

As a Sturridge owner and considering my option for third Chelsea player this is one of the most head wrecking gameweeks in a long time!

This is definitely the most head wrecking decision ive had in my ff career.

Theres so much uncertainty over chelsea and liverpool players at the moment i have no idea what to do. im not convinced by any leicester players really, ive given it a lot of consideration and schlupp, vardy, cambiasso, huth, even schmeichel have all been considered but they just dont keep enough clean sheets. Burnley away and chelsea are two tough games for scoring goals as well so i think im gonna chance having no leicester coverage. Theres a chance burnley v leicester could be a high scoring relegation scrap but recent form at turf moor would suggest otherwise so ill take my chances. I havent even considered hull coverage as theyre just too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

MR NINE wrote: »
    This is definitely the most head wrecking decision ive had in my ff career.

Theres so much uncertainty over chelsea and liverpool players at the moment i have no idea what to do. im not convinced by any leicester players really, ive given it a lot of consideration and schlupp, vardy, cambiasso, huth, even schmeichel have all been considered but they just dont keep enough clean sheets. Burnley away and chelsea are two tough games for scoring goals as well so i think im gonna chance having no leicester coverage. Theres a chance burnley v leicester could be a high scoring relegation scrap but recent form at turf moor would suggest otherwise so ill take my chances. I havent even considered hull coverage as theyre just too bad.

I'm pretty certain I won't have any leicester players either. I think I'll have 3 chelsea and 2 liverpool (1 defender and 1 midfielder) for 0 pts hits and I think I'm happy with that. The Liverpool cup game may change that - if Pool blow Villa away and look really good, I may take a hit and bring in a second mid, or sturridge for a hit. But I just don't think Liverpool are firing on all cylinders at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

I'm pretty certain I won't have any leicester players either. I think I'll have 3 chelsea and 2 liverpool (1 defender and 1 midfielder) for 0 pts hits and I think I'm happy with that. The Liverpool cup game may change that - if Pool blow Villa away and look really good, I may take a hit and bring in a second mid, or storage for a hit. But I just don't think Liverpool are firing on all cylinders at the minute.

Made me giggle at my desk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I'm pretty certain I won't have any leicester players either. I think I'll have 3 chelsea and 2 liverpool (1 defender and 1 midfielder) for 0 pts hits and I think I'm happy with that. The Liverpool cup game may change that - if Pool blow Villa away and look really good, I may take a hit and bring in a second mid, or storage for a hit. But I just don't think Liverpool are firing on all cylinders at the minute.

I have henderson, storage :pac: , hazard and terry as dgw players at the moment. I think ill probably ditch sturridge for murray and use the funds to sign fabregas and mignolet at a 4 point hit the following week. I could sign sterling as well for another hit but probably wont do it as it would give me difficulties going forward when trying to stock up on arsenal.

3 chelsea and 2 liverpool for a -4 seems a reasonable stash for the dgw. Ive seen a few people talking about having 8 or 9 which is a bit concerning but i think ill take the chance with 5.

If i keep sturridge funds are tight and id only really be able to afford leicester coverage to add to my terry,hazard,henderson and sturridge. I think mignolet and fabregas at a -4 is better than sturridge +2 leicester for a -4. It would also give me murray for the next two weeks, which is a much needed boost for gw33 in particular as i only have 10 at the moment.

Made me giggle at my desk :D

Not sure how that happened!!:)

• Advertisement

MR NINE wrote: »
    3 chelsea and 2 liverpool for a -4 seems a reasonable stash for the dgw. Ive seen a few people talking about having 8 or 9 which is a bit concerning but i think ill take the chance with 5.

I'd guess that the people with 8 or 9 are wildcarding. While that's worrying, there can't be too many of them. Plus, while having 3 chelsea and 3 liverpool mightn't be too bad going forward, having 3 leicester players in my team beyond the DGW is not something I'd want. In fact, having 8/9 players from 3 teams would be quite worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i will have seven dgw players, 3 chelsea hazard terry and courtuis and 3 liverpool, henderson (sterling and a defender, have to be purchased next week for a minus 4) and vardy.

ill be happy with that, will also be hanging onto either sanchez or giroud so happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I have 10 playing this weekend (if Remy plays).

Davis

Bertand Wolly Terry

Hazard Boyd Silva

Kane Remy Aguero

Looking at a Leicester defender possibly with one eye on their double GW. I have 2FT and 0.9 ITB. Is Schlupp the best option? Him out for Hutton? That would give me 11 players for this GW and 4 players for the DGW (Terry, Hazard, Sterling, and Schlupp) with 2 FT to bring in another 1 or 2 DGW players next week. What do people think? Decent plan?

Thoughts appreciated on this. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've played my wildcard. The plan is to do Silva->Sterling for GW34. It gives me 11 players playing this week, 8 DGW players for 34 (including Sterling), and potentially 2 already for GW37.

5Q7mrD.png

Any suggestions? Not sure if Bellerin is a good option as he isn't nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm probably going to take a shot on Nugent, recent returns excepted is there any reason why more people are gambling on Vardy, he plays as a wide midfield player right?? And Nugent is on pens.
    I was impressed with Kramaric from what I saw, if I was confident that any of Ulloa, Kramaric or Nugent was short odds to play all the next three I'd do it in a heartbeat, hard to call in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm probably going to take a shot on Nugent, recent returns excepted is there any reason why more people are gambling on Vardy, he plays as a wide midfield player right?? And Nugent is on pens.
    I was impressed with Kramaric from what I saw, if I was confident that any of Ulloa, Kramaric or Nugent was short odds to play all the next three I'd do it in a heartbeat, hard to call in my opinion.

This was retweeted by FFFix and reported as a conversation with a Leicester season ticket holder....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fantasy_Spur/status/589009383629135872

Can't see myself giving a precious forward slot to either as i said above.

FHFC wrote: »
    This was retweeted by FFFix and reported as a conversation with a Leicester season ticket holder....

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fantasy_Spur/status/589009383629135872

Can't see myself giving a precious forward slot to either as i said above.

I have Benteke and don't fancy him too much away to city next week, I'll never afford Studge and Remy is too dodgy at the moment. Hull have nothing tempting up front so my feeling is that I should punt on Leicester before this gameweek, two of the fixtures are tempting despite Burnleys stingy home defence. The penalties bit is definitely swaying me towards Nugent, three games, 1 penalty and one from open play would be a savage return.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Vardy is cheaper, has more points for the season, more points per minute, better recent form over the last few matches and is probably a little more likely to get more minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I had been talking up Vardy for over a week so can't change my mind now :pac:. Also what Crabie said. I hedged my bets and brought in Nugent in my draft league though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I have Benteke and don't fancy him too much away to city next week, I'll never afford Studge and Remy is too dodgy at the moment. Hull have nothing tempting up front so my feeling is that I should punt on Leicester before this gameweek, two of the fixtures are tempting despite Burnleys stingy home defence. The penalties bit is definitely swaying me towards Nugent, three games, 1 penalty and one from open play would be a savage return.

Yeah, everybody's position is different and I'm not saying Leicester forwards are not worthy of consideration, I'd like aguero, Giroud and probably Benteke as my front three after gw35 I think so working around that two transfers to bring in vardy and back out don't work.

I currently have 10 for this week and 1 ft, and 4 for double (Terry, Haz, Migs and Storage as he shall henceforth be known). My bigger problem is deadwood in the team in Eriksen, Mane and Naughton, and getting the likes of Bolasie or Mata in is more tempting than Leicester.

However, they are seriously in fashion, and hard not to fear missing out with no Leicester players at all. I know that Naughton to Schlupp seems a no brainer but my four fit defs look decent for the next three GWs barring injury, and mane and eriksen are more of a priority possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd guess that the people with 8 or 9 are wildcarding. While that's worrying, there can't be too many of them. Plus, while having 3 chelsea and 3 liverpool mightn't be too bad going forward, having 3 leicester players in my team beyond the DGW is not something I'd want. In fact, having 8/9 players from 3 teams would be quite worrying!

Leicester players can easily be benched though as they are cheap as chips so having 2/3 is not a major concern.

Vardy is more assured of his position and Nugent is a championship striker at best. He has missed some great chances this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I haven't the will to analyse this!!

I'll do Sanchez -> Fabregas even though I can feel it in my bones that Sanchez will score v Chelsea next week

I'll also do Mane -> Silva. That does leave me with both Silva and Aguero but West Ham and Villa at home are hard to ignore.

I'll go without a keeper this week and next week I'll have to sell Panti and Dawson and bring in Mignolet and a bench fodder defender for a -4 (to give me the 0.3 needed for Mignolet)

This would be my team for this week

No Goalie
    Ivanovic, Baines, Bertie, Dawson
    Hazard, Silva, Fabregas, Albrighton
    Kane, Aguero

(Panti, Hamer, Couthino, Benteke, Bellerin)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I got Vardy & Schmeicheal in both cheap with DG coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

As a matter of interest is there anywhere you can find out what % of the top 1k/10k still have their wildcard remaining?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

As a matter of interest is there anywhere you can find out what % of the top 1k/10k still have their wildcard remaining?

This was last week: https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/gw-32-transfers-and-team-selection-2/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Fellows: start Ameobi or Dawson this week? I don't exactly fancy either of them for more than a one pointer.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Vardy is more assured of his position and Nugent is a championship striker at best. He has missed some great chances this season.

The new Danny Graham so, though obviously not as good looking;)

I think I'll take a punt on the striker who's on penalties all the same rather than the winger who cant continue scoring great goals. I expect little from either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

dzoko start dis week lads??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

redarmy wrote:
    dzoko start dis week lads??

Hopefully, but I wouldn't think so. If he does, they have no strikers on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fellows: start Ameobi or Dawson this week? I don't exactly fancy either of them for more than a one pointer.

I've a feeling pulis has a plan for tomorrow........they have been uncharacteristicly leaky the last few weeks ........and don't forget he is going back to palace......I'm going to predict a clean sheet for west brom.......but I have my hill and no palace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Naughton, Hutton, Lloris, Remy, Van Aanholt, Sterling, Sanchez & Bellerin in my team this week & one FT & 1.4m in the bank

Willing to take points hit to fix up my team, dunno where to start. Looking to set myself up for the run in

Lloris, Myhill

Bellerin, Hutton, Naughton, Bertrand, Van Aanholt

Sanchez, Sterling, Hazard, Ameobi, Silva

Remy, Kane, Aguero (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

The new Danny Graham so, though obviously not as good looking;)

I think I'll take a punt on the striker who's on penalties all the same rather than the winger who cant continue scoring great goals. I expect little from either.

I'd go with the penalty taker too. Vardy has only scored a couple of goals this season and could be a winger so don't see his appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ah lads, this week has me just confused! Remy one that's annoying me! Top of our head to head and need a big 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

2 ft this week and shiny wildcard next week. Going all out, all or nothing for the double gw and will keep a few arsenal lads for the bench. Should be setup nicely for the run in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

v3ttel wrote: »
    I've played my wildcard. The plan is to do Silva->Sterling for GW34. It gives me 11 players playing this week, 8 DGW players for 34 (including Sterling), and potentially 2 already for GW37.

5Q7mrD.png

Any suggestions? Not sure if Bellerin is a good option as he isn't nailed on.

I'd nearly get a Pool defender instead of Bellerin and then get Ospina in as your gk. No Arsenal defender is really nailed on at the moment, can see Gibbs, Chambers, Debuchy, Gabriel all getting a game at some stage.

Advertisement