Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC cinematic universe general stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Wonder Woman has lost its director due to "creative differences". Not a good omen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Jon Stark wrote:
    Wonder Woman has lost its director due to "creative differences". Not a good omen.

Especially with the hype there was when they hired a female director.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Batman vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice trailer to be 2 minutes & 6 seconds in length.

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/15/batman-v-superman-trailer-officially-classified/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Batman vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice trailer to be 2 minutes & 6 seconds in length.

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/15/batman-v-superman-trailer-officially-classified/

Is this the level we're at now, in terms of movie news? I need to take a break from the internet.

Well the thread is titled DC Cinematic Universe GENERAL stuff, and this is the right place to post the link about the length of the Bats/Supes trailer, even though it may seem kinda pointless to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

At least we know the trailer is coming soon...

Which is essentially the news. Trailer getting a run time = trailer is close. Very much newsworthy.

I'd be surprised if it debuts with AOU though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Which is essentially the news. Trailer getting a run time = trailer is close. Very much newsworthy.

I'd be surprised if it debuts with AOU though.

It's debuts with Mad Max.

It's debuts with Mad Max.

Rumours surfaced over the last 24 hours that suggest it's attached to AoU.

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-trailer-avengers-ultron/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

Just wondering..The Flash movie that will be out in 2018..will that be the same actor from the tv series at the moment?

• Advertisement

macslash wrote: »
    Just wondering..The Flash movie that will be out in 2018..will that be the same actor from the tv series at the moment?

It won't be the same actor. Not sure of the date.

They are keeping tv and films separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

It won't be the same actor. Not sure of the date.

They are keeping tv and films separate.

Okay cool thanks.

Its March 23rd 2018. Says it in the link above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Phew, it's a good thing they found another female director, or else the film would've totally sucked.

Aye I'm not sure what the point is of absolutely needing a female director is. It's the wrong strategy to have and smacks of a female director purely being needed for the marketing juggernaut that will be created.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

macslash wrote: »

Some guy called Ezra Miller is supposed to be the Flash for the DC movies.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdFiNOvEgTVVaK8gnKmafLPvHFdqc-WV_nao-RNxfQ9fT2gZw8j09YRw

Haven't seen him in anything myself

I was always iffy about Amstell's Arrow joining the DCMU but it is a shame Gustin's Flash won't be alright.

Haven't seen Miller in anything but going by what others have said online, he seems to be a coup for DC. He's a highly rated young actor. Which is good because he's going to have to do something special to make the role his own, regardless of whether it's Barry, Bart or Wally he's playing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Miller is good in We Need To Talk About Kevin and Perks of Being a Wallflower. I can't see him as the flash looks wise but he's an interesting choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

If The Flash tv series is still going at that stage (ad if it continues as it is, that's a real possibility), Miller will be starting with a huge handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

After watching the leaked trailer for Dawn of Justice, it's become clear I'm not ready for this.

Hype for me went into overload. Havn't had that sort of "ow jesus H christ" since The Dark Knight teasers first emerged. (Or Man of Steel for that matter)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Man of Steel's trailer was infinitely better than the actual film for me, I hope this isn't a repeat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Speaking of Man of Steel, some enterprising people took moments from the film and tried to restore the original colour grading on its video. Now while the problems with the film go way beyond its miserable, desaturated look, it's amazing the difference a little colour could have brought to the tone:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

pixelburp wrote: »
    VideoLab video

Actually, there has been a bit of a kerfuffle online regarding that video. It seems VideoLab, the creators, edited the original footage too to make it darker and reduce contrast.

Personally, I liked the visuals in MoS as they fit the tone they were going for. Almost all my problems with the film were script-related.

Rumor.

Jaden Smith to star in a live-action adaptation of the Static Shock comic book.

http://nerdist.com/rumor-jaden-smith-to-star-in-dc-comics-static-shock/

• Oh sweet jesus no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What's the bets Daddy Smith had something to do with that, cause it sure as hell isn't his acting chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What's the bets Daddy Smith had something to do with that, cause it sure as hell isn't his acting chops.

His 'worried' look in After Earth was one of the comedy performances of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rumor.

Jaden Smith to star in a live-action adaptation of the Static Shock comic book.

http://nerdist.com/rumor-jaden-smith-to-star-in-dc-comics-static-shock/

he is just a terrible terrible actor. I've no vested interest in the static shock character, but that guy is terrible. He's too old for the role now, but Donald glover from community would have been perfect for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I was always iffy about Amstell's Arrow joining the DCMU but it is a shame Gustin's Flash won't be alright.

Haven't seen Miller in anything but going by what others have said online, he seems to be a coup for DC. He's a highly rated young actor. Which is good because he's going to have to do something special to make the role his own, regardless of whether it's Barry, Bart or Wally he's playing.

Really enjoying the TV show atm. I start ep21 tomorrow. But it makes absolutely no sense to me that they'll have Amell's Arrow in the DCMU, but not have Gustin's Flash. The Flash movie in 2018 is set to be Barry Allen, but by all accounts, will be a different take on the story to the TV show. How can that and Amell's Arrow possibly tie in to the same cinematic universe??? I don't see how either of these movies can have the love that's out there for the TV show. They're gonna have to really engage audiences for them not to flop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Where did you hear the news about Amell being included in the DC movie universe..?
    its a good idea, he´s a great Green Arrow, and privately has made himself accessible to the yank fanbase through Twitter and the WWF... smart move, Stephen...

Advertisement