Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

people like you is why it would be nice to keep all BB spoilers out of here

What exactly did the poster spoil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

To phrase it better I think he meant that we should keep BB spoilers out of this thread to avoid spoiling it for people like inforfun,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Magnate wrote: »
    To phrase it better I think he meant that we should keep BB spoilers out of this thread to avoid spoiling it for people like inforfun,

this

i know its tedious but every post that has anything to do with what happened in BB should be spoilered with a BB warning, this show is good enough in its own world without even considering the fact it's a BB sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Very hard to get people to stick to that rule however, particularly given that new viewers of BCS are joining the thread all the time. It's been suggested previously alright but spoilers are still being posted. The better way might be to get the thread title changed to add "possible Breaking Bad spoilers" to it, that way any unwary BB viewers know what the risks are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Am I the only one on here who doesn't think Mike is a scumbag?

Depends on your definition. Mike is certainly a criminal and a murderer. I haven't watched BB recently but I don't remember him killing anyone who didn't in some way deserve it. Of course the entire business he is in is nasty and there's a relatively easy case to be made that everyone involved in it is a scumbag.

In the context of BB though I'm a bit surprised to see Mike so vilified. He is surrounded by people far worse than him. WW himself for example.

If I had to associate with someone from BB, Mike would be closer to the top of the list than to the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Custardpi wrote: »
    Very hard to get people to stick to that rule however, particularly given that new viewers of BCS are joining the thread all the time. It's been suggested previously alright but spoilers are still being posted. The better way might be to get the thread title changed to add "possible Breaking Bad spoilers" to it, that way any unwary BB viewers know what the risks are.

i think either people need to stick to no BB spoilers, or have a BCS thread for those who seen BB, and one for those who never seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

this

i know its tedious but every post that has anything to do with what happened in BB should be spoilered with a BB warning, this show is good enough in its own world without even considering the fact it's a BB sequel

Yeah I have to agree with you there. The show is definitely up there with bb. I don't feel it should be compared to bb as much as it is though. Of course there are times when you can't help but mention it due to character etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Am I the only one on here who doesn't think Mike is a scumbag?

I think this latest one sets out the stall for mike and echos Saul's decent into 'criminality'

Mike knows he's a criminal but he does what he has to do to 'look after' his daughter in law and grand-daughter who's fallen on hard times (because of his actions). Hence the speech to the guy selling the pills at the end... bad cops and good criminals etc.

In a way it foreshadows Walt's entrance into the foray, is Walt a bad good guy or a good bad guy? But if we think about it logically Mike never uses violence unless he has to (where as Walt has used violence for the sake of it.. which is the definition of a scumbag : BB Spoiler:
    !!!Remember when he killed mike in BB, he didn't need to!!!!!!
    So by that definition I don't think Mike is a scumbag.

Also the speech by mike is to frame Saul's descent into working for criminals.
    In a way saul never does much by the way of 'criminality'. He didn't outright take the 'bribe' from the Kettlemans when out camping... he accepted the money as a retainer, and then went back to his 'office' to do up the books accordingly (in the loose legal sense).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

people like you is why it would be nice to keep all BB spoilers out of here

The poster didn't spoil anything, but SureYWouldntYa was just pointing out that it would be nice if other posters could keep BB spoilers out, for the benefit of those who may or may not have watched all of BB.

Also, I know Aaron Paul debunked rumours that he was going to appear in the show, but I reckon in Season 4 or 5 (if it lasts that long) he will pop up somewhere. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Also, I know Aaron Paul debunked rumours that he was going to appear in the show, but I reckon in Season 4 or 5 (if it lasts that long) he will pop up somewhere. I think.

He'll be 40 in 5 years time, they'll be doing well to pass him off as a pre BB Jessie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

He'll be 40 in 5 years time, they'll be doing well to pass him off as a pre BB Jessie.

There is scope for a post-BB reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Ah I'm sure the hair & make-up department will be able to cover that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Is he really that old? Jesus, he plays an early-20's headcase so well.

Ok, I'm guessing that, yeah. Maybe Jesse won't appear after all. :o

Is he really that old? Jesus, he plays an early-20's headcase so well.

Ok, I'm guessing that, yeah. Maybe Jesse won't appear after all. :o

He's expressed an interest in doing a cameo. Gus is going to make an entrance (at least according to Giancarlo's twitter a/c). But the show is being left to stand on its own feet for now. And a very shapely pair of feet they are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Is anyone else wondering where they can take Chuck from here? His destruction of Jimmy has perfectly foreshadowed Jimmy's slide to Saul Goodman and I think a Chuck/Jimmy reconciliation would take away from that. Saul Goodman makes perfect sense to me as the product of Chuck's betrayal. Jimmy was struggling to be good in order to win Chuck's approval, with that motivation blown away it's a clear path to Saul... I could imagine Chuck leaving after the series finale.

I would like to see Hamlin's character fleshed out at this point. Pimento has seen him go from pantomime villain to a martyr for Chuck. From his reaction in the meeting and later in his office with Kim it struck me that Hamlin has no real problem with Jimmy and the weight of destroying the man over the years, at Chuck's request, is becoming too much for him to bear (hence his opening up to Kim).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Just watching it again there and am I mistaken, or is that parking lot the same one where
    Gus narrowly avoided being blown up by Walt in BB
    ?

gus_zpsn7khltbu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Is anyone else wondering where they can take Chuck from here? His destruction of Jimmy has perfectly foreshadowed Jimmy's slide to Saul Goodman and I think a Chuck/Jimmy reconciliation would take away from that. Saul Goodman makes perfect sense to me as the product of Chuck's betrayal. Jimmy was struggling to be good in order to win Chuck's approval, with that motivation blown away it's a clear path to Saul... I could imagine Chuck leaving after the series finale.

I would like to see Hamlin's character fleshed out at this point. Pimento has seen him go from pantomime villain to a martyr for Chuck. From his reaction in the meeting and later in his office with Kim it struck me that Hamlin has no real problem with Jimmy and the weight of destroying the man over the years, at Chuck's request, is becoming too much for him to bear (hence his opening up to Kim).

I Think Chuck's job is done in terms of Jimmy rejecting his family name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

An absolute triumph from the very beginning to the point we are at right now.

One or two points:

Hamlin is still a prick. He brought all of the Associates into that office to witness Jimmy's humiliation. As they all filed out of the room as requested every one of them would have known by Hamlin's reaction that Jimmy was not getting his office. The entire meeting needed only the 3 of them. Also, the furore as they entered the lobby prompted Chuck to tell Hamlin embarrassedly there was no need. He knew what was coming for Jimmy. Hamlin maximised the blow. Cos he is a prick.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Chuck and Jimmy's fall-out to go as far to see Chuck alter his will so that Jimmy gets none of his stake in HHM on Chuck's death. Chuck will be dead by the beginning of Breaking Bad. Too big a rockstar lawyer to be around and in the background with "Better Call Saul" ads starring Jimmy on local cable tv.

My few cents anyways. But blown away by how good this has been.

Jimmy is an angel to his brother. A very famous angel once lost his temper and hell followed with him. Chuck can be destroyed easily and publicly - he's a paranoid basket case. All Jimmy has to do is choose the time and place. I imagine Chuck will kill himself shortly thereafter. Cheap men in expensive suits are as disposable as their ego.
    Right now, Jimmy has no reason to end his brother - merely good cause to cut all links and make his own way. Should Chuck cross Saul in future, the end will be inevitable. A case of going to Venezuela or whatever Saul's shorthand for offloading problems was when discussing matters mortal with Walt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Imagine sending someone to Belize and having them end up in Venezuela! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

I thought that Jesse wasn't long out of high school at the start of BB (Mr. White having taught him and all). During BCS, he would probably be in his early teens, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

folamh wrote: »
    I thought that Jesse wasn't long out of high school at the start of BB (Mr. White having taught him and all). During BCS, he would probably be in his early teens, no?

No he was about 24 at the start of BB according to his wiki page.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

folamh wrote: »
    During BCS, he would probably be in his early teens, no?
    wiki says the characters birthday is 1984. So if season 1 of BCS is in 2002 by season 5 it would be 2006 (if it follows like that) and he would be about 22. Also it could possible flash foward to present day for some bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What time does the episode appear on Netflix, does anyone know? Midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Not up at 1 am.Shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

afaik it won't air for another 2 hours in the states, or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Yep, on in one hour's time here in the US, 3am Irish time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Not sure what to make of that, bit all over the place imo. The Costner reference was funny though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Not sure what to make of that, bit all over the place imo. The Costner reference was funny though :)

He just crossed the line....
    Great episode, imo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Liked it. Thought Jimmy was going to be further down the path towards Saul by the end of the episode after Chuck lit the fuse last week. Also a bit disappointed that we didn't get to catch up with present-day Omaha Jimmy. I was hoping they'd give him some chink of light to redeem/resurrect himself.

Overall though I liked it. Odenkirk and Gilligan have done a great job turning the comic relief from BB into a fully-realised flesh and blood character.

Oh and we found out what a Chicago Sunroof is!

Advertisement