Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken Muppets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Zippie84 wrote: »
    Not sure, but either way, it seems to have just been uploaded to youtube one day ago.

Noticed though that the link in the original post has now been taken offline...

They're dressed as zombies etc, so it looks like Halloween. On the website it was originally put in there are people saying its 2 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lux23 wrote: »
    This was what I think is almost worse, that someone would rather film a violent interaction than try and stop it.

There was already too many people trying to stop it. Another person in that melee couldn't have done anyone any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There was already too many people trying to stop it. Another person in that melee couldn't have done anyone any good.

Melee or fracas?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They defo aren't dressed up for this weekend.

Green would have suited them all better.

Imagine all the leprochauns spelt wrong I know... but imagine a load of them dancing around ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Trebor176 wrote: »
    This video is doing the rounds now. It's one reason why I don't drink, and hate certain parts of town at night. I do hope the girl is ok, though. Paddy's Day should be 'fun.'

http://lovindublin.com/dublin/video-shows-shocking-violence-in-pizza-restauran

That's just a typical night in Dublin city, as usual paddys fairy day will produce much more shocking violence. I could never get this paddy's day garbage. Folk go out dressed like fairies, leprechauns and zombies ? its just another excuse to go on the piss for most. Bunch of brainless yokels.

Why anyone would want to dress up as a leprechaun is beyond me. Those damn sausages will be green as well so will my coffee, they should change this paddy's fairy day to 'cannabis day', now you won't see much violence on the street. News reporters will be scurrying around like rats trying to get a nasty story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

kneemos wrote: »
    Melee or fracas?

Looked more like a shemozzle to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Yurt! wrote: »
    Looked more like a shemozzle to me.

Shemozzle or curfuffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It was more than a barney but less than a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I did,with headphones,and stand corrected,he is indeed a dub.Has a strange look about him though,doesn't look like a native
    Looks like a normal working-class Dub to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I think the Dub is getting an unfair ripping here. The English bloke was clearly the aggressor. The bird was just unlucky to get caught up in the scrum.

Would be interested to know why the English bloke was getting so aggressive with the guy behind the counter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Macavity. wrote: »
    I wouldn't. Total scumbag as well, clearly looking for a scrap.

I didn't see the end but he did stand up for a guy getting (presumably) racist abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭wallywhittle

Typical Dub can't handle his drink. Same **** different weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

A great example of Irelands refined drinking culture.

Bunch of delinquents should be drowned in a trough of their own piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Typical Dub can't handle his drink. Same **** different weekend.

....would this be the Northern English "dub" who started the incident and his mate?

Nodin wrote: »
    ....would this be the Northern English "dub" who started the incident and his mate?

He kicked him in the head, the guy is a clown of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense in my experience. I see trouble in town nearly every time I go

Your mates must be scumbags who look for fights.

I have been drinking in town 16 years and rarely see trouble, have had to throw punches once and that was because three scumbags decided to start on the guy walking with missus and talking was wasted on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

P_1 wrote: »
    I'm not too sure why he's having a go at the Isish lad for "dropping his woman". Clearly the first English lad was having a go at the chap working in Apache, the Irish lad quite rightly told him to cop the f on, a scuffle developed and the English lad pushed everyone back, resulting in the lady hitting her head. Disgusting kicking his head when he was down though. One of the main reasons I avoid packed takeaways on a night out

He should have kept out of it, the staff member was never going to go outside with yer man and it's most likely not the first time he's dealt with such behavior in that job. Everyone involved was wrong, just a pathetic episode over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Shemale wrote: »
    Your mates must be scumbags who look for fights.

I have been drinking in town 16 years and rarely see trouble, have had to throw punches once and that was because three scumbags decided to start on the guy walking with missus and talking was wasted on them.

That was a wild assumption. I have never been involved in trouble in town, I just see it.

Funny enough, last time I threw punches was on a London overhead train when someone attacked my Mrs! That was nearly 10 years ago now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I think you need to watch the video again .......... the Dublin lad was chatting away to the English guy in the white shirt and only intervened when the other English lad asked the little guy behind the counter to "come outside" ......... the Dublin lad said "I'll go outside with ya" obviously calling the English lad out as a bully.
    The English lad attempted the first punch to which the Dublin lad said "don't even start" ......... then the fight broke out.

The kicks to the head ........ well everybody has their opinion on that ........ mine is f*** him, he's a bully.

Outside, the Dublin lad put his fists up because the English lad in the white shirt was charging at him so what else was he supposed to do?
    If you watch carefully you'll see the Dublin lad change stance and put his hands up in a non-confrontational manner when he realises exactly why (girlfriend on the floor inside) the English lad in white shirt is upset so that whole thing is mis-communication, ie. English lad assumes Dublin lad has knocked his girlfriend out and Dublin lad (knowing he didn't) puts his hands up to say he didn't hit her.

Wouldn't be singing his praises too much. Clearly tried to stomp on the first fellas head when he was lying on the ground. Absolute scum to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

If the Dublin guy had minded his own business and not got physical, then the whole situation wouldn't have escalated into a physical confrontation.
    It was highly unlikely that the English man's confrontation with the worker was ever going to turn physical.
    He deserves prison time for stamping on someone's head whilst they're on the ground during a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    That was a wild assumption. I have never been involved in trouble in town, I just see it.

Either a wild assumption or you should find other boozers to drink in, really surprised you see it nearly every time you are out. I would say twice/ three times a year and I worked as a barman in the city centre for 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

If the Dublin guy had minded his own business and not got physical, then the whole situation wouldn't have escalated into a physical confrontation.
    It was highly unlikely that the English man's confrontation with the worker was ever going to turn physical.
    He deserves prison time for stamping on someone's head whilst they're on the ground during a fight.

Eh? It was the English bloke who got physical first. The Dub guy was telling him to calm down and he pushed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Aidric wrote: »
    Eh? It was the English bloke who got physical first. The Dub guy was telling him to calm down and he pushed him.

Watch it again. You're crazy if you think the English guy started that. The Irish lad is the first to invade the other ones space and is also the first to throw punches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Watch it again. You're crazy if you think the English guy started that. The Irish lad is the first to invade the other ones space and is also the first to throw punches.

The English lad started it by standing there threatening the guy behind the counter. Drunk or not the Irish guy was intervening.

You can't stand there yelling like that and expect everyone to leave you at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Damn straight - 200 years of opression coming to ahead

You can't stand there yelling like that and expect everyone to leave you at it.

He didn't have to intervene nothing would have come of the man's drunken ravings. He was a bigger fool for getting involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

He didn't have to intervene nothing would have come of the man's drunken ravings. He was a bigger fool for getting involved.

Perhaps. Not every(any?)one is thinking clearly in that situation. Again it would have been nice to have seen the guards involved and the drunken dickhead given somewhere to sleep it off and a nice fine. Chances are if he wasn't going to get satisfaction from the guy in the pizzashop he was going to pick on some other unsuspecting person minding their own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was the biggish guy in the shirt who rang the ambulance a bouncer? If so, he was very late on the scene as he wasn't around when the staff member was getting abused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Aidric wrote: »
    0:23 into the video the Dublin guy grabs the English bloke by the arm.
    He then asks him to go out for a fight, before elbowing until the English guy pushed him away.
    The Dublin guy then won't let go of him and proper starts the fight.
    The English lad started it by standing there threatening the guy behind the counter. Drunk or not the Irish guy was intervening.
    Yes but the English guy was starting with the guy behind the counter, his was completely ignoring the Dublin guy.
    The counter was doing a great job of starting a fight.
    The Dublin guy didn't have to intervene at all.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

The vid has been taken down.

Where can it be viewed?

Advertisement